Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Sunri

Liturgist
Imagine asking your DM if before you do an action whether it needs a check and if you can pass the check before you even roll. :roll:

ban quickload
This is issue #1

Your suggestions would kill an entire genre that is niche anyway, and I'm not talking only about quick loads but your overall autismo ideas.
"if I can't cheat the genre dies!"
Yeah, clearly I'm the one killing the genre here. Not the tranny streamer who thinks the genre dies if cheats are taken away.

I'm sure people will play 100h long game on default iroman limited visibility and without other qol stuff :M
Not being able to savescum is not ironman you retard

You want to waste people time, only scale is different.

Codex Year of the Donut
Imagine asking your DM if before you do an action whether it needs a check and if you can pass the check before you even roll. :roll:

ban quickload
This is issue #1

Your suggestions would kill an entire genre that is niche anyway, and I'm not talking only about quick loads but your overall autismo ideas.
Yeah, clearly I'm the one killing the genre here. Not the tranny streamer who thinks the genre dies if cheats are taken away.

I'm sure people will play 100h long game on default iroman limited visibility and without other qol stuff :M

if you can't play without cheats have you considered you don't actually like the genre?
go read a fucking book

Sunri

Liturgist

ban quickload
This is issue #1

if you can't play without cheats have you considered you don't actually like the genre?
go read a fucking book

I'm pretty sure I like the genre otherwise I wouldn't play those games and engage in conversation about them, but I also respect my time, so things like saving and reloading to check other dialogue options and stuff like that are important for people with limited time.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't know what you're talking about, not getting any hints from your DM concerning conversation options.

I can't count the amount of times I got a stink-eye from my DM when I was asking questions, which were a big enough hint to not pick that option (sometimes).

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm pretty sure I like the genre otherwise I wouldn't play those games and engage in conversation about them, but I also respect my time, so things like saving and reloading to check other dialogue options and stuff like that are important for people with limited time.
"limited time"
dude
4uei6I2.png

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Good news is that you can virtually disable quick-save in any game, just unbind the key.

Sunri

Liturgist
"limited time"
dude
4uei6I2.png

I always have steam apps running when my pc is on and even if I play a lot It's still not enough to finish all the games that I want to complete.

Codex Year of the Donut
"limited time"
dude
4uei6I2.png

I always have steam apps running when my pc is on and even if I play a lot It's still not enough to finish all the games that I want to complete.
oh bullshit, you just streamed a game for 9 hours straight the other day you retarded tranny
Good news is that you can virtually disable quick-save in any game, just unbind the key.
Just enable all cheats by default then because you can just choose not to use them.
Big brain logic for sure.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Cheats are always optional, especially in singleplayer games where the barrier is so much lower (and cheaper).

Codex Year of the Donut
Cheats are always optional, especially in singleplayer games where the barrier is so much lower (and cheaper).
Yes, and just enable them all by default because that's good design. Wouldn't want babies to throw a tantrum because they don't have their bottle.

Sunri

Liturgist
"limited time"
dude
4uei6I2.png

oh bullshit, you just streamed a game for 9 hours straight the other day you retarded tranny
Just enable all cheats by default then because you can just choose not to use them.

Yea, I played Knights of the Chalice whole weekend, but that's not steam game, so it wouldn't count.

Codex Year of the Donut
"limited time"
dude
4uei6I2.png

Yea, I played Knights of the Chalice whole weekend, but that's not steam game, so it wouldn't count.
You regularly play games enough for two full time jobs then go on forums to lie about "not having enough time" just so you don't have your cheats taken away.
Who could have possibly predicted a tranny would be this pathetic?

Sunri

Liturgist
"limited time"
dude
4uei6I2.png

You regularly play games enough for two full time jobs then go on forums to lie about "not having enough time" just so you don't have your cheats taken away.
Who could have possibly predicted a tranny would be this pathetic?

9 hours during weekend is enough for 2 jobs, I guess only in murica.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
I hope that I may live to see the day when BG II is surpassed in its genre beyond a doubt.
You don't have to wait anymore because it has already been surpassed. By BG1.
Vanilla BG 1 ? Are you perhaps thinking of some heavily modded version instead ? Vanilla BG 2 extended BG 1 ruleset (it added Barbarians which were sorely missing in BG 1) and has great content to go along with it. BG 1 may win if you use some very specific criteria/taste to judge them, not so on an even scale. But the best choice is playing both, each one is great.

Codex Year of the Donut
The choice is clear:
Side with the tranny that demands all games have cheats enabled by default so the troon faces no difficulties
Or side with Rusty who wants prestigious RPGs that make you think before you randomly make decisions instead of choosing a random dialogue option that causes you to have your penis cut off then crying about it on internet forums

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So out of curiosity i did a test with a pure tank build, one that drops dex and perception to a minimum and pumps everything else.

I then removed the armor from the girl NPC you get from the start and yep, the AI does in fact have a tendency to ignore my character unless it is engaged to me, and as a pally i only get to engage one. I think the check they do is on a timer because you can hold the attention of most of the enemies at the start but suddenly some of them switch target in the middle of the fight.

I think i'll just keep playing with my 2 hander build and have Eder be the tank when i get him.

Sunri

Liturgist
The choice is clear:
Side with the tranny that demands all games have cheats enabled by default so the troon faces no difficulties
Or side with Rusty who wants prestigious RPGs that make you think before you randomly make decisions instead of choosing a random dialogue option that causes you to have your penis cut off then crying about it on internet forums

No one will waste time on making games for 2 people, so I guess the only thing that is left for you is complaining on codex and playing fallout 69 good luck!

dacencora

I like this one better, it's much less distracting. It lets you know that the situation can go differently without telling you what that dialogue would look like.
They just copied Pillars. :M
12906259.jpg
Oh nice to know. It’s been a while since I’ve played Pillars. Maybe a replay is in order.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom