Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

POLL: Old "Brofist" or the new "Button Parade"?

Which is better, the new system or the old one?

• Total voters

Kitako

Arcane
Next is bloom and DoF and 64xAA on the forums.

Borelli

Arcane
At first i was like "this change happened yesterday but holy shit already 8 pages", then i saw the date of the OP.:retarded:Just how long was this scheme in the works?
But i dislike this change. A single brofist option is a "one size fits all" solution. I mean if you want to comment someone's post and call them racist,butthurt or lulz why not just quote them and actually say that?

Borelli

Arcane
Can it at least be that names who gave smileys are automatically shown? Having to click list is too much for me when every post in a thread has someone smileying someone.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I prefer the old brofists simply because it's less cluttered and looks neater, but either is fine with me, I guess.

Wouldn't it be possible to instead of showing all those icons have text at the bottom saying 'x rated this post' with a list button to show what rating it received? I know it's more effort to see what your post was rated, but it looks neater that way. With all these bright colors at the bottom of posts it feels like I've stumbled into a gay pride parade by accident.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
:neveraskedforthis:
This was amusing for 10 minutes the last time, it's no longer funny. Perhaps we should organize a fundraiser to get DU some hookers and blow new games so he'd stop constantly changing shit on the Codex out of boredom? :P

Gord

Arcane
Apparently I voted "Yes" for that shit in the original poll?
Someone please develop a time machine, travel back and slap me.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
What the fuck is this? MORE BUTTONS? I can't deal with this shit. My OCD is going to require that I go back to all the posts I brofisted and change it up to properly reflect the shit that shit because shit shit shit shit AFUUUSJIDSJDJKASLssfgdDDs!!111

Ermm

Erudite
Thanks about the unnecessary button parade. Now you can give our avatars back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom