Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Possible Valve's next game: Deadlock (rumors gaining traction)

PlayerEmers

Educated
Game has some sort of visual novel style comics. Just like TF2 and DOTA 2 comics except the comics are ingame.

image.png

image.png
Where did you get this? I couldn't fit anything in the surface web
4chan
there are actual alpha testers there posting stuff
including a feetfag posting screenshots of characters feet

PlayerEmers

Educated
also this alpha testing isnt small nor exclusive

its dota 2 all over again:
-first ecelebs and professional players get an invite
-later they start inviting friends
-later the community, forums and the general audience will be able to get a hand on those invites

edit: also there was no NDA involved
so it feels like a marketing move from valve

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I was slightly interested when I saw the gargoyle thing but then I realized xe's a gyrl

edit: I just looked at the 4fags thread and saw their shitty drawings, I think she looked better from behind lmao

where are the furries, volvo? FIX THE GAME

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

why do you think half-life 3 mysteriously never comes out?

Why didn't they though?

To be honest it IS wierd given the hype this series used to have. It's the strangest decision ever made by any company i can think of.
Perhaps some key people left and Gaben & friends were uncertain they can pull another Half-Life with new people. Because they could make an average shooter with some gimmick (like HL2 was) and it would be a bestseller. On the other hand, maybe their plan was to make Alyx, make Oculus popular, and then make HL3, but the plan failed.

One more explanation i can think of is simplier and therefore more probable - money.

Valve makes shitload of money on zero-effort work such as skins to CS2, their MOBAs and other shooters. HL3 would be a bestseller, but it's a singleplayer game, you won't sell many skins there. It's better to focus all the work on multiplayer games with skins everywhere and on everything, this generates enormous amounts of money.

CS2 is free, or you can purchase a 'premium' (aka, you play with other premium players only) for only a few dollars on a sale. Similar with DOTA2. And yet they are always on the 'bestseller' list on Steam because of all the microtransactions. It makes more money than Cyberpunk, BG3 or Ghost of Tsushima, best selling but only singleplayer games that don't sell skins.

Gamers are literally retarded.

Jacov

Educated
-first ecelebs and professional players get an invite
-later they start inviting friends
Big red flag. The game will be fine-tuned for competitive players and it will suck all the semblance of fun from it.
DOTA2 was launched the same way, and you people were calling it too casual.
Who «we»? I played DotA near launch, it was great. I had no complaints about balance, because most shit was broken anyway and people found new techniques every month. It was Wild West and it was hella fun.

Then they shifted towards balancing the game around pro players and International. Went full-on Sawyer style on the game. The gameplay became about following meta with little to no deviation.

It was a long time ago of course. I briefly returned to play like a dozen games a few years ago just out of curiousity. It was meta purgatory.
They released that huge patch like a year or so ago that changed every hero, changed the map and added a bunch of shit (7.33 or whatever). Basically shooking the meta real good which is cool and I bet it probably felt like early days again because nobody was familliar with new changes. But I wasn't interested in the game anymore. Got older and mostly stopped playing PvP games altogether.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Then they shifted towards balancing the game around pro players and International.
DOTA2 was released to the public, via invites, AFTER the first International. The pro players played it, and discussed balance changes, before we even got an official statement that such a game exists. The wider public only became aware of the game during the tournament for it.
And I remember the initial balance changes were autistic shit like backswing time for attack animations, model turn timers, or projectile colors passing over water, which is obviously something only noticed and complained about by pro players.

DOTA2 was a game fine tuned for competitive players, and then released, and became the most played game on Steam. So if you are Valve, you are thinking this is a pretty good model, that has worked last time you did it.

Sega and PlatinumGames need to bring back Anarchy Reigns. These upcoming third person Hero Shooter games (this, that Marvel Rivals game) throwing in melee combat need to rip off Anarchy Reigns, because the melee combat in them looks fucking lame.

Game has some sort of visual novel style comics. Just like TF2 and DOTA 2 comics except the comics are ingame.

image.png

image.png
Conventionally attractive female spotted (showing off her big tits too), can't be a real game made in $currentyear. Is it a troon?

It’s safe, they’re basically just doing Lady Dimitrescu from Resident Evil Village, and game sites (Polygon and Kotaku) didn’t bitch about her...they couldn’t really, their audience was too busy doing fan art and jerking off.

attractive-characters-turning-into-monsters-v0-rz6f15mttlwb1.jpg

The other characters looks so much like they’re trying to make a Mike Mignola character it seems like Valve should’ve hired him as a concept designer and art director, and made this game look like his art. Would be cooler looking than what they are doing, and it’s not like they can’t afford him.

tritosine2k

Erudite
The other characters looks so much like they’re trying to make a Mike Mignola character it seems like Valve should’ve hired him as a concept designer and art director, and made this game look like his art. Would be cooler looking than what they are doing, and it’s not like they can’t afford him.

...or it simply initiated outside and bought this way like they bought portal and that walking sim dev bc. it tickled their fancy the right way (hey must be fast on da deck ), valve is kinda anti- "Not invented here" .

Jacov

Educated
that has worked last time you did it.
The last time they did it they buried a whole game (2016, TF2).

Idk, maybe it's nostalgia, maybe early DotA changes were so retarded that they reinforced casual play, but I think over the years the game became so competitive that it stopped being fun. At least for me.

Last edited:

Hobknobling

Learned
What's a hero shooter?
TF basically, shooter that has classes/characters with different capabilities.
We used to call these class shooters, but Activision-Blizzard squeezed out a new marketing term for their game and all the ignorant zoomers lapped it up.

This Valve game looks very uninspired. They really need to ban their employees from playing Dota all the time since that seems to be the only thing that they can think of.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Art style looks like ass but then again so did TF's and it was alright.

Still, gonna be a zoomy game for zoomers and I got no interest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom