Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Potato has arrived!

Severian Silk

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yep, check your My Account page and you should be able to enable / disable campaign tags (including patron tag) now.

We are now taking suggestions for tags. Given the number of campaigns, not sure if they should be similarly sized buttons that appear in your signature.

Yeah, anyway about these avatars...is there any way we can cure them from improperly resizing themselves automatically?
Working on it.

majestik12

Arcane
Campaign tags make the forum look pig disgusting. This shit is way more popamole than any popamole custom avatar.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Voiced disgust with DU's design work:

Correction, pig disgusting tags make the forum look pig disgusting. The Race Traitor one is great.
DU Y U NO make all like this?

Got trolled with the "I'm not Bryce. Honest!" tagline.
Learned my lesson.

I for one welcome our glorious new support badges!!!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nah you got that because you actually are Bryce
Infinitron!
Should've known nothing gets past your watchful...eye.

Ok then, the support badges are retarded.
Good thing DU didn't make them default and then pay-to-disappear.
He's not so bad after all.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Shouldn't application of the Patron tag technically give newfags GD access/fisting priviliges like in ye olden days? Or will that be a separate feature you can pay for/enable (like ad-free)?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
The tags are fucking terrible, they should be something more classy and unobtrusive like the Patron tag.

Yep, check your My Account page and you should be able to enable / disable campaign tags (including patron tag) now.

We are now taking suggestions for tags. Given the number of campaigns, not sure if they should be similarly sized buttons that appear in your signature.

I would suggest a series of demeaning titles, much like Patron, Dumbfuck, Race Traitor.

Project Eternity - Race Traitor
Wasteland 2 - Apologist
Dead State - Necrophiliac
Torment: Tides of Numenera - Cutter
Divinity Original Sin - Schizoid

Or something.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 2 - Toaster Repairman
Torment - Double Dipped
Divinity: Original Sin - Belgian :smug:

Severian Silk

If you make the tags wide but not tall, then you could put them in the top bar over each post between the Ignoring and Brofist links. This is how Relicnews.com does it.

Or just make the icons smaller and square or circular.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin - Belgian :smug:

mj018g.png

Not a fan of these donation tag things displayed beside every post. They should just get a dedicated section in each person's profile page and leave it at that.

You're basically recognising money as what defines/differentiates posters. That's not prestigious. If you were going to introduce tags like this then you should have started with custom ones which recognise particular contributions and achievements of posters (people who have released their own games, high quality LPs, fan made patches/missions, insightful posts, things like that). You know, things that actually make people want to be better posters and that incline the level of discussion overall.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's almost like the real world doesn't work like that, man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom