Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I guess I'm near the end because I got the "get all audio logs" and "read all emails" achievements. Not a huge achievements guy but damn, those types were a lot hard in other immersive sims iirc. Don't think I ever got them before.

Game's really good but I like Dishonored more.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I guess I'm near the end because I got the "get all audio logs" and "read all emails" achievements.
Somehow I got those achievements before I even heard all the audio logs or read all the e-mails. I was close to the end but not that close, and there were a bunch left, more than a dozen. Might be the same for you.

I guess I'm near the end because I got the "get all audio logs" and "read all emails" achievements.
Somehow I got those achievements before I even heard all the audio logs or read all the e-mails. I was close to the end but not that close, and there were a bunch left, more than a dozen. Might be the same for you.

Yeah same. I’ve noticed Arkane cheevos tend to be borked. Never got a bunch of them that I qualified for for both Dishonoreds and I got the high chaos one for Knife of Dunwall despite ghosting the whole thing and getting low chaos ending. Not a big deal; if there’s going to be a buggy aspect to a game I think achievements are the most worthy sacrifice.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That's crazy! In other games those achievements are strictly for walkthrough hounds. Congratulations?

I think it's borked, like Ismaul said. There are quite a few rooms I've never gone in due to lacking mimic powers, and I briefly glanced a walkthrough chapters list and I have 3 main missions out of 10 or so to go.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last night I found myself flying untethered in space, nothing but a leaky spacesuit between me and a million miles of hard vacuum, dodging around on attitude jets while a high tech military vintage side loading toaster shot lasers at me, thrusting towards it swinging a 20 pound wrench in my hands because this seemed authentically the most sensible way for me to address the issue.

I love this game.

--- Note to Flay, the
crazyrobot.gif
rating above is not for mental disorder but simply for broken technology.

JDR13

Arcane
I actually didn't care for the ending at all. In fact, I found it very disappointing.

Still a very good game overall though.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Both, actually. I tried sticking to my guns and blowing up the station, but that required about twice as much backtracking as the nullwave.

RoSoDude

Arcane
lol, I think I remember choosing which ending to go for based on which one would get the game over with quicker. Hence nullwave.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Which variation of the ending did you choose?
You mean the main story or the coda?
Both, actually. I tried sticking to my guns and blowing up the station, but that required about twice as much backtracking as the nullwave.

For the main story, I went with the nullwave ending because it was the most interesting and satisfied my own philosophies the best. I especially enjoyed the final confrontation with January.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't take the ending you wanted because "It made me play the game too much." :(

For the coda
I took the right hand option as my 'canon' ending, though I admit I reloaded and watched the other choice.

Although the coda was a very old trope that usually represents lazy writing, I thought it worked beautifully here and I genuinely wasn't expecting anything like it. I also greatly enjoyed the fact that it reviewed my behavior in some details over the course of the game and made moral judgements based on my actions. Really nicely done.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
SPOILERZZZZ

Finished it, did the boom boom ending. I didn't know it took longer, it seemed pretty fast after taking care of the guy with the annoying robots. Knocked him out and escaped, which was nice and cinematic. I liked how after taking out that dude all the robots failed and there were barely any aliens around, so you could just sprint around and do story stuff without fighting anything. Definitely way too easy on "hard" though, ammo management was pretty much the only thing I had to worry about since I didn't use powers. I had 30 health packs at the end and had even recycled a dozen or so when I really needed ammo. Sneaking up on shit and one-shotting it with the shotgun was pretty fun throughout though. I found the zero-g sections annoying throughout, part of that being them giving me a headache. I spoiled the surprise ending by leaving on the escape pod early on to see what would happen, but it was neat how it was framed at the end. A sequel where you're a powered up alien fighting for the humans on earth would be neat.

All in all, it's a good game. Way better than most nowadays. Excited to replay it as a cuthroat sonofabitch who kills everyone and saves the station to take the credit. However I'll always prefer Deus Ex/Dishonored because of better stealth and more human interaction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom