Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown - new 2D Prince of Persia - coming to Steam on August 8th

-M-

Educated
Regarding the music, the guy responsible for the ost will be Gareth Cocker, known for the ost of Ori ( haven't played it, but I assumed it is good), darksiders genesis (which I played and was okay), but also contributed to popamole garbage like immortal fenyx rising (ubisoft take on the recent zelda) and halo infinite (lmao).
Also did the the ost for the LoL game ruined king which I don't know and don't care about.

Look, I was trying to be postive over there. They finally decided to resurect the license after asscreed started to crash and burn, so you know what, maybe the platforming section involving various trap will actually be good despite the horrible aesthetic and maybe even the combat ...

:hahyou:

Coker isn't a bad choice. From what I've heard of his music his Ori work is by far his best work (decent games too, the 2nd wisely rips off Hollow Knight). He got his start working for Materia Collective, which makes the type of overproduced, heavily reliant on chorals, throw every instrument at the wall type of video game cover music (think Two Steps from Hell). It's the type of music that sort of works for trailers, but otherwise draws too much attention to itself. Coker's music still tends to follow in that style so I'd expect it to be the most memorable thing about this game, for better or worse.

And yes, Halo (never a great game) going from Nile Rodgers and Steve Vai to...now is a great testament to Microsoft's managerial abilities.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Being merciful and having suffered trough ubisoft convention, here is the additional info, so that you don't have to watch this :

-Sand power are back and some enemy use them too.
-You got some special attack that works as an awesome button.
-DA characters confirmed to be pure shit.

That's all.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
https://insider-gaming.com/pop-the-lost-crown-preview-change/

I was lucky enough to get a hands-on preview of Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, guided by the helping hands of Ubisoft as I entered a world unfamiliar to me. I’ve never been a fan of the 2.5D side-scroller style of games, but following my session (during which I grappled with controls and died around fifteen times), I may be edging into the realms of calling myself a convert.

From my short but sweet preview of Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, I had several key takeaways. Firstly, change is a very good thing and it was much better than I expected. It’s a game that’s equal parts pleasing to the eye and a joy to explore, and once I’d gotten the hang of the combat mechanics, every fight became satisfying.

I’m genuinely excited for the full release.

:hypeship::hype::d1p:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
096DBc.jpg

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The accessibility options are fine with me, in principle it's a win-win for everyone. My only issue is, how well are you going to balance and design the core experience, when so many aspects of it can be tweaked by the player. How do you playtest that?

It's quite an interesting problem, in theory. In practice, I don't care and will not play the game. Probably.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The accessibility options are fine with me, in principle it's a win-win for everyone. My only issue is, how well are you going to balance and design the core experience, when so many aspects of it can be tweaked by the player. How do you playtest that?

It's quite an interesting problem, in theory. In practice, I don't care and will not play the game. Probably.

Accessibility options are basically cheat codes. How are you going to balance auto-win portals? Make them do a quick-time event to use it? Lol.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well, 2d pop is the true pop. 3d is just gimicky baby stuff, always was, pretty curiosity, a chick to be tossed aside after play.

This is the shit.

Machocruz

Arcane
Can't get past the current day, Tyrone prince and the all-our-ideas-of-the-human-form-come-from-superhero-comics-and-sports vision behind it. It taking on the metroidvania form with all the powers that 99% of them have, further indicates their lack of vision. Awaiting the Soul vs Soulless memes.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Rave reviews in 2024 just usually mean a game is competently made and stable. Doesn't really mean it's great or anything. There's nobody left in the industry I would trust to make those judgement calls.

That being said, I would try it but this artstyle is atrocious.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I mean they just took the Prince of Persia ip and slapped it atop what looks like a decent metroidvania from devs with a very solid track record. The franchise has a couple of titles that abused the ip before, but those games flat out sucked so this is an improvement in some strange way.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Underdiscussed topic
The og and SoT princes strike me as visually more fitting for the PoP concept and setting. I can't buy fitness influencer Dakwon here as old Persia or anything having to do with a prince.

Agreed

SoT was lowkey good and memorable compared to the trash we have now

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom