Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown - new 2D Prince of Persia - coming to Steam on August 8th

Ivan

Arcane
I tried the demo and didn't like the combat at all, I spent most of the time running away from enemies.

Also the demo requires an Ubisoft account to be played lol. I just put my console in offline mode and played it. Why should I create an account to play a singleplayer game?
skill issue or what was unengaing about the combat?

I'm sold now that I've learned this is a metroidvania from the rayman team

Tehdagah

Arcane
I tried the demo and didn't like the combat at all, I spent most of the time running away from enemies.

Also the demo requires an Ubisoft account to be played lol. I just put my console in offline mode and played it. Why should I create an account to play a singleplayer game?
skill issue or what was unengaing about the combat?

I'm sold now that I've learned this is a metroidvania from the rayman team
Some enemies take too much hits to be killed, but maybe because it's early game and the character is underleveled.

Elttharion

Learned
In early January, Ubisoft released one of its highest-rated Metacritic games in the past decade, Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. The game hit a height of 88 (Nintendo Switch) with its critic score and a 9.1 user score, leading many to believe that the game could already be in the running for several Game of the Year awards. Despite the impressive scores though, the game has around 300,000 players at the time of writing (estimated $15m in revenue).
Lmao

Source

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
In early January, Ubisoft released one of its highest-rated Metacritic games in the past decade, Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. The game hit a height of 88 (Nintendo Switch) with its critic score and a 9.1 user score, leading many to believe that the game could already be in the running for several Game of the Year awards. Despite the impressive scores though, the game has around 300,000 players at the time of writing (estimated $15m in revenue).
Lmao

Source
:discohitler:

Elttharion

Learned
It launched at the wrong price point. This was a major unforced error. Ubi thought they were Nintendo and could pull another Metroid Dread out of thin air.
Wrong price point, pretty much a dead IP, 'new' genre for the IP*, poor timing, no Steam release and a terrible first impression from the trailers. Plus, of course, a negro protagonist.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It launched at the wrong price point. This was a major unforced error. Ubi thought they were Nintendo and could pull another Metroid Dread out of thin air.
Wrong price point, pretty much a dead IP, 'new' genre for the IP*, poor timing, no Steam release and a terrible first impression from the trailers. Plus, of course, a negro protagonist.
Yeah, a real slamdunk. What a shame! :smug:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
096DBc.jpg

Zero-challenge retard mode will now get labeled as "great strides on accessibility front" and will be rewarded statues by Geoff Dew by the end of the year
dniB45X.png

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Does someone pay/threaten game developers now to use the tranny purple? There's no way they are all doing that out of choice.

TheKing01

Novice
Incline.

Too bad the remake isn't until 2026, being optimistic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom