Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Dexter

Arcane
Everyone who is not a graphics whore is a fag,liar and has shitty taste in games.
Well I don't know about that, but I think it's funny that the people who always go "graphyxx don't matter dawg" especially in relation to the PC as a gaming platform are often the same people who cum buckets whenever a "Next Generation of consoles" is announced/about to come out at all the "amazeballs games".

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/06/ps4-online-blocked-for-countries-without-a-store/

“Unfortunately at this time gamers in countries which do not have a Store cannot access online multi-player features. However, we are considering every measure to offer PlayStation Store services to these territories as soon as possible. To clarify, the affected territories are: Bahrain, Lebanon, Romania, Oman, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus and Iceland.”

Just buy a PS3 then I guess.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/06/ps4-online-blocked-for-countries-without-a-store/

“Unfortunately at this time gamers in countries which do not have a Store cannot access online multi-player features. However, we are considering every measure to offer PlayStation Store services to these territories as soon as possible. To clarify, the affected territories are: Bahrain, Lebanon, Romania, Oman, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus and Iceland.”

Those aren't real countries anyway. :smug:

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin

GOG is from Cyprus, I think the console manufacturers hate CD Projekt.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

GOG is from Cyprus, I think the console manufacturers hate CD Projekt.

You'd be surprised at how many companies are "from Cyprus" in that sense.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Well if you live in Lebanon or Oman, you have bigger problems than not being able to play with the PS4.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Probably bullshit but here anyway:
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

The tug-of-war between Microsoft and Sony just got more interesting. Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for Xbox One today.
What does this mean?
  • No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
But don't you empathize with your Upper Hungarian bros at all?
No. Yes, I'm evil, I know.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

The tug-of-war between Microsoft and Sony just got more interesting. Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for Xbox One today.
What does this mean?
If they do this, it will just prove that they lied all along about the internet connection being very important for the cloud based Xbox supercomputing stuff. Not that it is not obvious.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
untitled-3jiltw.gif

"Ehh hehehe c'mon guys, peace?"

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

What does this mean?

You watching TGS podcast?

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I don't see how this will change much. Most games will still use the cloud. Dropping the check-ins from official policy right now might sound good - but people will still need the net when they realise 50% of the games uses it and you might still experience backlash post release. This does however mean that the pre-orders have affected MS's judgement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom