Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Dexter

Arcane
After banning people for having the nerve to want to play on their $500 ToyBox before Official release date: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mi...ne-Consoles-Accessed-November-22nd-60440.html
Microsoft is apparently banning people for failed Updates: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11...ncy-offline-update-as-instructed-gets-banned/

There generally also seem to be problems with them, although no brickings or major lulz reported yet:

Games on Xbone also apparently have Microtransactions integrated as Standard features even for Single Player (similar to "DLC" on the X360), it seems Microsoft is trying to push "Monetization" of games even further: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Ry...n-Cheats-Make-Gamers-Silently-Rage-60690.html

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
I'd rather play Marios than killzones, bfs, cods and ass creeds.

So Wii U already won diz gen, right?

I kind of wish it would. There's so much wasted potential there.

It's a system where DLC and graphics take a backseat to good gameplay. I honestly see a lot of potential with the touchpad controller, you could easily make an isometric RPG with a point-and-click interface, just like the Interplay games of yore. Even with its meager offerings at the moment, the Wii U interests me a lot more than the other consoles as far as games are concerned.

Repressed Homosexual
My Xbox One online order was canceled out of the blue yesterday, so I went this morning to wait in line in front of Wal-Mart. I just got off with the system.

Many popamolers there. I must admit it was fun, though.

Gord

Arcane
Help me understand this concept of banning a console.
Are you "only" ("" because that shit is rooted so deep into the system nowadays, that it's probably mandatory anyway) excluded from using some of the online services, or is the entire console bricked when it happens?

The latter would probably mean an invitation to sue Microsoft in most countries outside of the US.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Microsoft confirms ITZ is finally coming:

2387064-1115863403-rJl3L.jpg

Repressed Homosexual
You're the biggest popamoler around here, HHR.

I'm a discerning gamer, I just like having access to all the good exclusives.

Look who's talking, Mr. day one purchase.

I set it up, the interface is elegant so far. I've not been able to find the privacy settings yet.

I was able to proceed without setting up Kinect, which I am glad. I will never use it.

This thing is really dead silent.

Repressed Homosexual
I bought the Hot Shots Golf kind of game which is cheap and has gotten good reviews. I downloaded the free edition of Killer Instinct, though that one looks lame.

I ordered Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 but those will come through delivery, Best Buy had a sale.

And why are you cursing me might I ask? No one from here bothered to provide any sorts of impressions on either of these two systems, consider yourselves lucky that someone is taking one for the team.

Repressed Homosexual
Yeah I played the golf game, and it's really charming... but I am invited to go buy "booster packs" and others in the store after I won my first tournament.

Really good picture quality though. The system however does seem underpowered, the golf game is clearly running at 720p and looks quite last gen.

Also why does the wireless controller use AA batteries? I couldn't believe it.

Also you can't use Internet Explorer unless you pay for Xbox Live Gold, it is pathetic.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Yeah I played the golf game, and it's really charming... but I am invited to go buy "booster packs" and others in the store after I won my first tournament.

Really good picture quality though. The system however does seem underpowered, the golf game is clearly running at 720p and looks quite last gen.

Also why does the wireless controller use AA batteries? I couldn't believe it.

Also you can't use Internet Explorer unless you pay for Xbox Live Gold, it is pathetic.

Why the fuck did you buy an Xbone?

PS4 I could possibly understand, but buying either console at launch is pretty retarded.

Repressed Homosexual
Killer Instinct is the most over the top fighter I have ever played.

It has six characters? How pathetic. Talk about a rushed launch game... that will of course sell you more fighters later and nickle and dime you for them...

Killer Instinct is the most over the top fighter I have ever played.

It has six characters? How pathetic. Talk about a rushed launch game... that will of course sell you more fighters later and nickle and dime you for them...

It's almost like this event was foretold by those wizened graybeard sages who listened to the previews where the devs said that this was exactly what was going to fucking happen.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I don't think there will be any winners this gen, except maybe PC. All three console manufacturers have fucked themselves so badly that it's almost as if a Codexian wizard is secretly controlling them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom