Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Is there even an option for phone numbers? I only saw email and authenticator app.
No, but the email provider might ask for a phone number

Got it. I was provided like 10 codes, that are one use and last for a month. What after that?
Those are recovery codes in case you lose access to the authenticator method (email or app). The access code is one time use, lasts for an hour and is sent to the authenticator. Access is supposed to last for 30 days, but if you got cookies blocked or whatever then it might only last as long as you keep the browser open.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Supposed "internationalist" Bester looks more and more like a white supremacist with each day that passes Marx would be proud

I opened a Visa card in Kazakhstan remotely by the way, with SWIFT and all the stuff. For free, too. Your country serves my interests now.
Just vatnik enough to get snooty about enriching Graf's country while impoverishing his own
Not vatnik enough to ween himself off of western culture, media and commerce

Nigga you really are retarded :lol:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
already demanded another code when i logged today in the morning. fuck this gay shit.

You gotta allow the cookie for 'dex or that will keep happening.

Well, if you are feeling frisky, just get WinAuth or something running on your desktop. Plugin for KeepAss. Hell, a plugin for your browser.

No phone needed, copy-pasta of the code is trivial, though backups would be a very good idea.

BruceVC

Magister
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Codexers are such obnoxious, whiny little babies.

There is a very real problem of retards hacking accounts and deleting posts, and I don't think anyone is going to argue that it is a problem. So the question is, how do we fix that problem? We can either implement a measure which hampers a persons ability to delete their posts, or we can enforce 2FA.

Being able to delete my posts is a far more important freedom than having to use 2FA one every thirty days, or even every time I login. Most Codexers are old losers, but I like the fact that I can delete every single one of my posts with a script if I get into a JarlFrank situation. I'll gladly do 2FA to preserve that right.

Also, even as someone who supports Russia in this current conflict, hacking into peoples accounts and deleting their posts is completely fucking retarded. Even more retarded is deleting all their posts, many of which are unrelated to the actual conflict itself.
I agree with basically everything you said here except for the " Codexers are such obnoxious, whiny little babies"

Not everyone is unhappy about 2FA and people have a right to ask questions and be concerned with 2FA especially if you have never used it

But end of the day the positives far outweigh the negative especially considering the reality of the hack and how that impacts not just members but forum stability and also it means moderators have to spend time fixing things. Its not fair on them as well

And the solution is a 10 minute configuration that is used by millions of people on a daily basis all over the world, in the interests of security and forum stability its not a big deal

Perkel

Arcane
I propose add to that phone number, your national ID and hand signs as well.

Seriously 2FA is fucking retarded answer for retards. If someone gets hacked then nuke his account instead. It's not job of janitor to work as security officer for some retard who gets hacked.

Perkel

Arcane
Ah, I see:

TaluntainThread title edited from 'PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: The importance of using two-step verification'Today at 9:25 AM

It's amazing how I always take the blame for everything around here.

Retards gets hacked. HMMM WHAT TO DO ?

- introduce 2FA for everyone.

- nuke retard account and add to his next alt *I am gay cunt who got hacked laugh at me.*

only one of those is rpgcodex answer.

2FA should be mandatory for admins and staff though. They should be manually typic long binary codes every day on every login which further will have to be confirmed with 2FA.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Codexers are such obnoxious, whiny little babies.

There is a very real problem of retards hacking accounts and deleting posts, and I don't think anyone is going to argue that it is a problem. So the question is, how do we fix that problem? We can either implement a measure which hampers a persons ability to delete their posts, or we can enforce 2FA.

Being able to delete my posts is a far more important freedom than having to use 2FA one every thirty days, or even every time I login. Most Codexers are old losers, but I like the fact that I can delete every single one of my posts with a script if I get into a JarlFrank situation. I'll gladly do 2FA to preserve that right.

Also, even as someone who supports Russia in this current conflict, hacking into peoples accounts and deleting their posts is completely fucking retarded. Even more retarded is deleting all their posts, many of which are unrelated to the actual conflict itself.
I agree with basically everything you said here except for the " Codexers are such obnoxious, whiny little babies"

Not everyone is unhappy about 2FA and people have a right to ask questions and be concerned with 2FA especially if you have never used it

But end of the day the positives far outweigh the negative especially considering the reality of the hack and how that impacts not just members but forum stability and also it means moderators have to spend time fixing things. Its not fair on them as well

And the solution is a 10 minute configuration that is used by millions of people on a daily basis all over the world, in the interests of security and forum stability its not a big deal
Of course a vax retard would choose security over freedom and mandated shit over personal responsibility.

prengle

Savant
if the staff is going to be this egregiously homosexual, at least add proper totp support for programs like keepassxc instead of encouraging people to use fucking smartphone apps like literal bugmen

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Seriously 2FA is fucking retarded answer for retards. If someone gets hacked then nuke his account instead. It's not job of janitor to work as security officer for some retard who gets hacked.
Nuking account won't do much when thousands of posts deleted fucked up numerous threads (not only Ukraine vs Russia one).

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Ah, I see:

TaluntainThread title edited from 'PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: The importance of using two-step verification'Today at 9:25 AM

It's amazing how I always take the blame for everything around here.

Retards gets hacked. HMMM WHAT TO DO ?

- introduce 2FA for everyone.

- nuke retard account and add to his next alt *I am gay cunt who got hacked laugh at me.*
We have a lot of retards, as the 2FA butthurt shows.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
how about getting rid of 2fa and using some kind of code that a member can decide and use when logging into his/her account.
maybe require it to contain at least 1 number and special character to make it more safe.

"remember 30 days" does not work with me unlike with every other website I use. I don't like this.

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
One of the big advantages is that users are less likely to write phrase passwords down on a post it note and stick it to their monitors as many normies do.
yeah I can imagine a burglar breaking into a codexer's house and going "ahh the coveted rpgcodex password, looks like I hit the mother lode"
ive broken into NaturallyCarnivorousSheep house for much less quite a few times
Man I'm embarassed that some other person saw my pigsty

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bad news guys, this development made someone... go outside.
Iren v5 soon to come kek. Poor iren got buck broken once again.

For once, a true Swede behind an illegal activity.
A "swede".
Fun fact, sweden is/was a hub for plenty of criminal activities on the former URSS.

why is it always coterie members? hmmm
You need to let the dick girls go man, they don't want to have sexual relations with you.

Judging by Iren's bitching on ormacord, a lot of codexers created new email accounts for the Codex and then threw away the passwords.
Not using your normal email own tools to create a alternative email or associating the proxy one. Filty casuals.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
For the retards in this thread who got it into their heads that the Codex wants to harvest their precious phone numbers for nefarious purposes: we don't get access to your phone number or any other info you use to set up 2FA. Not that the conspiracy theorists here will believe me, but still just spelling this out for the rest of the crowd.

Harvesting phone numbers isn't the problem, the problem is that it's incredibly annoying to use and the Codex isn't exactly a bank.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
As the problem is deleting posts can we only allow post deletion if 2FA is active? That way, anyone annoyed by 2FA can disable it at little cost.

mondblut

Arcane

How many times did you get the vax?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Nuking account won't do much when thousands of posts deleted fucked up numerous threads (not only Ukraine vs Russia one).

This might be a SHOCKING REVELATION but deleting posts is not supposed to fuck up threads.

Let's see here, option 1: fix whatever is wrong with Xenforo, name and shame the retard who got hacked.

Option 2: Force everyone to use some faggot smartphone app every time they want to read a post on every device, something that not even all BANKS do, making the Codex an a massive pain in the ass to use, because one retard got their account hacked.

If I want to see things arbitrarily changed to make it objectively worse for everyone every now and then, I'd go to YouTube.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom