Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

No other forum requires 2FA
No other forum allows you to say FUCK YOU, NIGGER and get away with it, does it?

Checkmate.
4chan-Logo.png
"trolling outside of /b/" will be used if janny doesn't like your post. Like if you make fun of his favorite pedophile cartoon.

I will just remind everyone that none of this would have happened (requiring 2FA to log in) had it not been for the actions of likely a single user who was so butthurt over the content or direction or even existence of one thread in our off-topic section that they decided to breach the accounts of several of the people who also participated in that thread and chose the one way to grief this site -- mass deleting posts, breaking multiple thread continuity -- that forced the administration to take action.

You can take issue with the severity of said action but to blame the administration for the incident in the first place is weapons-grade retardation.

tldr; One vatnik idiot gets butthurt about Putler's special operation taking longer than 3 days (until the Age of Aquarius or Russia's demographic assimilation into China, whichever comes first), don't blame administration for overreacting and forcing tens of thousands of innocent users to set up intrusive tracking.

Then Crispy wonders why he is an idiot.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I try to actively avoid 2FA.
I use long complicated passwords, and no one is going to guess them.
Which is to say, if I get pwned, it's going to be through means that invalidate any barriers afforded by 2FA.
I genuinely think the only reason I've not been pwned ever, is because I adblock the shit out of the web.

A very common bit of malware going around right now poses as legit software downloads, and even gets promoted as the first result (as an ad) on many google searches.
So if you googled something like 'obs download', the first result will be some ad that looks like a legit OBS download, and the page is completely spoofed.
And if you download the package there, you in fact do get OBS with it, but it also deploys its malware payload before it launches the original OBS installer.

This specific malware then collects everything it can, chief among them your browser's session tokens, which allows a bad actor to take over all your accounts without having to bother with 2FA or even passwords.
Many people have been screwed like this, and it's why there is such a massive proliferation of crypto scams, even on people that have bought into 2FA 'protections'.

Only citation i have for you Late Bloomer is an Indian man rambling for 8 minutes.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is this, I don't even.

Imagine getting so butthurt over a thread that you try to break your own playground (forum).

I judged the Ukraine and Trump threads retarded a long time ago. Now, I'm peacefully living in the mountains preparing for ITZ.

Collect bottle caps now while its easy men.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Rusty and DarkUnderlord should just get a room and have sex and get over it. Stop with this 2 Step grab each others cock.

How is Rusty even involved in this?
So like Rusty loves lots of butt sex and DarkUnderlord likes fucking the Codex in the ass so it feels like with every thrust they are getting closer and closer with each other. They might as well just fuck each other now.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Recently one of our more... prolific posters had his account compromised, after which the perpetrator apparently went on a mass-deletion spree which has fouled up all the threads this particular user participated in. Needless to say it has caused some consternation and poor Twiglard now can't get any sleep because he has to sort all this out.

If you haven't already, you need to enable and start using our two-step verification feature (also known as two-factor authentication, or 2FA) which you can find in the security section of your settings page.

You have two choices: you can set it to use an app like Authy which you install on your cell phone and every month have to launch to verify the code, or you can just use an alternate email address to do the same thing. The app is recommended, because it's more of a stringent security system, but many of you are probably either too poor to afford a smart phone or you haven't upgraded from your dad's ancient flip phone yet.

2FA. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Don't be that guy.

Thank you.

- The Administration
Fuck you.

Skorpion

Educated
I will just remind everyone that none of this would have happened (requiring 2FA to log in) had it not been for the actions of likely a single user who was so butthurt over the content or direction or even existence of one thread in our off-topic section that they decided to breach the accounts of several of the people who also participated in that thread and chose the one way to grief this site -- mass deleting posts, breaking multiple thread continuity -- that forced the administration to take action.

You can take issue with the severity of said action but to blame the administration for the incident in the first place is weapons-grade retardation.
DU why did you hack Crispy to vent your frustrations at no drama with its account?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
What is the urgency?
Growing number of exploited user accounts with script kiddies mass-deleting their posts, requiring staff cleanup. We could be at this all day every day with the number of reused exploited logins readily available in online databases that are starting to get exploited now.
This seems to be confirmation that the only reason this situation was even possible is that some (prolific) Codexers use the same password with the same username on compromised sites. :M

v1rus

Arcane
Got it. I was provided like 10 codes, that are one use and last for a month. What after that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom