Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
As the problem is deleting posts can we only allow post deletion if 2FA is active? That way, anyone annoyed by 2FA can disable it at little cost.
That's way too simple and non-retarded for The Administration™ to consider.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I propose add to that phone number, your national ID and hand signs as well.

Seriously 2FA is fucking retarded answer for retards. If someone gets hacked then nuke his account instead. It's not job of janitor to work as security officer for some retard who gets hacked.
What we really need is a DNA sample and heritage analysis.

ArchAngel

Arcane
For the retards in this thread who got it into their heads that the Codex wants to harvest their precious phone numbers for nefarious purposes: we don't get access to your phone number or any other info you use to set up 2FA. Not that the conspiracy theorists here will believe me, but still just spelling this out for the rest of the crowd.

Harvesting phone numbers isn't the problem, the problem is that it's incredibly annoying to use and the Codex isn't exactly a bank.
Luckily there is email verification as well and I am using that one. I am not giving my phone number to anyone I do not need to.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
When i tried to log in this morning i was sent a code to my email. When i tried to use such code i got an error. Had to use on of the codes.
This is looking very promising indeed...

SexExitium

Augur
Untitled.png

could you also enable this for everything, that way getting rated retadred will feel more like the user really means it when they actually need to put in a bit of effort, thanks

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What is this, I don't even.

Imagine getting so butthurt over a thread that you try to break your own playground (forum).

I judged the Ukraine and Trump threads retarded a long time ago. Now, I'm peacefully living in the mountains preparing for ITZ.

Collect bottle caps now while its easy men.
War. War never changes.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I agree with basically everything you said here except for the " Codexers are such obnoxious, whiny little babies"
That was the least controversial part of my post.

I'm honestly shocked more Codexers are not attached to the delete functionality. I would think this is the ultimate freedom, as I should have the right to determine whether or not something I post stays on the internet or not. Also, no idea where this phone number meme came from. Just download an authenticator app onto your computer and connect it to the Codex. No phone number required.

That being said, I will repost my suggestion as I think it solves this entire fiasco perfectly.
I think I have a solution. Taluntain Would it be possible to make it so the only people who can edit posts are the ones with 2FA enabled? That way we get to preserve our right to delete posts, and if someone chooses to have an unsecure account, they won't have the ability to delete their posts and this will prevent shit like this from happening. If someone ends up getting hacked and all their posts edited, then that will be their fault and the administration won't have any responsibility to fix the edited posts.
Assuming it's possible, we can move on with our lives and forget about this stupid drama.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Supposed "internationalist" Bester looks more and more like a white supremacist with each day that passes Marx would be proud

I opened a Visa card in Kazakhstan remotely by the way, with SWIFT and all the stuff. For free, too. Your country serves my interests now.
Just vatnik enough to get snooty about enriching Graf's country while impoverishing his own
Not vatnik enough to ween himself off of western culture, media and commerce

Nigga you really are retarded :lol:
I'm not paying taxes there, so the only enrichment going on is you being enriched in butthurt.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Supposed "internationalist" Bester looks more and more like a white supremacist with each day that passes Marx would be proud

I opened a Visa card in Kazakhstan remotely by the way, with SWIFT and all the stuff. For free, too. Your country serves my interests now.
Just vatnik enough to get snooty about enriching Graf's country while impoverishing his own
Not vatnik enough to ween himself off of western culture, media and commerce

Nigga you really are retarded :lol:
I'm not paying taxes there, so the only enrichment going on is you being enriched in butthurt.
Fairly sure the bank you're working with here does

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I agree with basically everything you said here except for the " Codexers are such obnoxious, whiny little babies"
That was the least controversial part of my post.

I'm honestly shocked more Codexers are not attached to the delete functionality. I would think this is the ultimate freedom, as I should have the right to determine whether or not something I post stays on the internet or not. Also, no idea where this phone number meme came from. Just download an authenticator app onto your computer and connect it to the Codex. No phone number required.

That being said, I will repost my suggestion as I think it solves this entire fiasco perfectly.
I think I have a solution. Taluntain Would it be possible to make it so the only people who can edit posts are the ones with 2FA enabled? That way we get to preserve our right to delete posts, and if someone chooses to have an unsecure account, they won't have the ability to delete their posts and this will prevent shit like this from happening. If someone ends up getting hacked and all their posts edited, then that will be their fault and the administration won't have any responsibility to fix the edited posts.
Assuming it's possible, we can move on with our lives and forget about this stupid drama.
may be because we're old enough to remember the internet where logging anywhere took one step - enter password
your account didnt 'integrate' with anything at all and couldn't be cross-referenced and nobody tracked your movement online not even the fucking cia

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom