Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Reinhardt

Arcane
education standards really dropped in post-soviet states after ussr collapsed...

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Regardless, oh so is sanctions evading a term more to your liking? [...] international banking fraud
INTERNATIONAL BANKING FRAUD :lol:

I'm not under any personal sanctions, banks are. Private citizens are free to open any bank accounts and do business with whoever wants to do business with them.

Wow. Every time you write something, it's the definition of illiteracy. I know it's not because you're a kazakh, but it's so hard to separate the fact that you're probably a first or second generation sedentary person, and your pop or grand pop used to steal horses for a living, never knowing what two and two was, or what those runes on paper meant... and the same thing went back thousands of years. Which didn't help with the brain development. I'm so sure it has nothing to do with you being a retard. Gosh, I'm such a racist.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Regardless, oh so is sanctions evading a term more to your liking?
I'm not under any personal sanctions, banks are. Private citizens are free to open any bank accounts and do business with whoever wants to do business with them.

Wow. Every time you write something, it's the definition of illiteracy. I know it's not because you're a kazakh, but it's so hard to separate the fact that you're probably a first or second generation sedentary person, and your pop or grand pop used to steal horses for a living, never knowing what two and two was, or what those runes on paper meant... and the same thing went back thousands of years. Which didn't help with the brain development. I'm so sure it has nothing to do with you being a retard. Gosh, I'm such a racist.
Uh ok Bester my kids will enjoy their education paid for with your tax money kthxbai

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Uh ok Bester my kids will enjoy their education paid for with your tax money kthxbai
Buy your kids the best education $0 can afford. It'll still be better than yours.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter

Buy your kids the best education $0 can afford. It'll still be better than yours.
Shame your Belgian parents didn't teach you how to be a decent human being that's free too

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
So you're acknowledging that the 2FA is pointless here and nothing but a trivial inconvenience.
I'm acknowledging that I personally may not have enforced its use, but I can certainly understand from the administration's point of view that by doing so we're saving ourselves hours of cleanup work.

Edit: Let me correct this. Until (and only until) Twiglard discovered and made use of the PAID add-on to Xenforo that Taluntain splurged on there would have been hours of cleanup work.
More than paid for by Crudux' patron fees I would guess, so stop whining and clean it up jannies

Perkel

Arcane
I propose add to that phone number, your national ID and hand signs as well.

Seriously 2FA is fucking retarded answer for retards. If someone gets hacked then nuke his account instead. It's not job of janitor to work as security officer for some retard who gets hacked.
Nuking account won't do much when thousands of posts deleted fucked up numerous threads (not only Ukraine vs Russia one).

Just replace text with :

[ "THIS RETARD GOT HACKED SO WE NUKED HIS ACCOUNT" - DarkUnderlod bitch ]

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Seriously 2FA is fucking retarded answer for retards. If someone gets hacked then nuke his account instead. It's not job of janitor to work as security officer for some retard who gets hacked.
I'm sure they'd agree, that's not what this is really about. It's that a hacked account can create work for our dear leaders since their forum software is utter garbage and can't handle deleted posts without literally shitting itself and making affected threads unreadable.

Creating work for the jannies is a bridge too far for them. Nuking the occasional account is within reason, fixing threads is over the line.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought this was a gag at first. I am amazed the Ukraine thread managed to trigger some codexer so badly they had to fuck with the forum. We have had videos of people castrated, beheaded, bombed, etc. but somehow darkpatriot posts were too much.

Last edited:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I think I have a solution. Taluntain Would it be possible to make it so the only people who can edit posts are the ones with 2FA enabled? That way we get to preserve our right to delete posts, and if someone chooses to have an unsecure account, they won't have the ability to delete their posts and this will prevent shit like this from happening. If someone ends up getting hacked and all their posts edited, then that will be their fault and the administration won't have any responsibility to fix the edited posts.
It'd be possible, but it'd require custom coding, so unlikely. Permissions for deleting and editing posts are separate in XF, but whereas we can set time limits on editing old posts, post deletion doesn't have the option to set how far back it can go by default. However, there is an addon to enable post deletion time limits as well, so we could use that if we decided that that's preferable to 2FA for everyone. Then the muh-freedomz complaints about 2FA would just be replaced with muh-freedomz complaints about not being able to delete posts.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't fucking know then, have DU make a poll and let the retards vote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom