Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I feel like there's a better way to organize the feats than this scrolling list.
A list could work if they put them into categories and have dependent feats in some order. Right now it's just one long alphabetical list, which doesn't work well because you have things like improved variants of feats all over the list (plus shit like armor proficiency listed heavy-light-medium
crazyrobot.gif
)
Also, shouldn't rapid shot give a -2 penalty to all attacks in the round?

jungl

Augur
from what I seen sawyer play it is very buggy and lot of bad design decisions. Lol when someone in chat told him the game is not what they expected. You can tell sawyer got defensive and I bet he regrets spending that 1k.

Is ready approach in the game? Why bother showing all the feats in the game if you cant multiclass. I have a strong feeling this going to bomb. Lazy millenial devs from clueless ceres games.

pm_675

Arbiter
from what I seen sawyer play it is very buggy and lot of bad design decisions. Lol when someone in chat told him the game is not what they expected. You can tell sawyer got defensive and I bet he regrets spending that 1k.

Is ready approach in the game? Why bother showing all the feats in the game if you cant multiclass. I have a strong feeling this going to bomb. Lazy millenial devs from clueless ceres games.

Like what? What bugs and bad design decion are in the game?

Xoanon44

Literate

It looks very clunky, it doesn't have the Larian polish that RPG gamers have come to expect.

User0001

Savant

Like what? What bugs and bad design decion are in the game?

It's low effort trolling

jungl

Augur
feats and class abilities not working. Not having items highlighted by press alt or tab having to pixel hunt and sift through trash items for the diamond in the rough. Be nice if their was a option to filter through all the shit non magical items so your mouse cursor doesn't pick them up. Doesn't help that everything looks like a shade of grey and fits in the games background art. UI is inferior to knights of the chalice.

It needs more time in the oven. I expect there to be some meat on the bones of this chicken when I take it out or its a dud.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Camping mechanics, as well as hunger and thirst meters should be added to a game only if their existance is somehow justified by their impact on the gameplay. If food and water can be scarce during the adventure and you need to take meaningful decisions, then okay (even simple stuff like "you no longer have food: you can abandon the dungeon and lose its remaining loot or keep exploring and accept growing fatigue/hunger/thirst penalties" can be enough), but if all that is required from the player is to click on the "eat/drink/sleep" button without any decision behind, it's just a waste of time.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah no highlighting is so-so, I mean I can understand it if it's deliberate design decision as part of gameplay chacking players attantion, but...
seeing how Sawer squinted makes me hurt lol.

The thing I think that's really bad is general slowliness of everything in game.
Why arrow fly like a fat pinguin? Why?
I know you can speed up animations - but enviromental animations like burning torches speeds up too, I don't need that.
Make base animations just being faster.
Re-do some like arrow/bolt flight that should be fast in the first place.
Make it so game doesn't spend too much time for nothing.
The rest is fine.

Last edited:

User0001

Savant
feats and class abilities not working. Not having items highlighted by press alt or tab having to pixel hunt and sift through trash items for the diamond in the rough. Be nice if their was a option to filter through all the shit non magical items so your mouse cursor doesn't pick them up. Doesn't help that everything looks like a shade of grey and fits in the games background art. UI is inferior to knights of the chalice.

It needs more time in the oven. I expect there to be some meat on the bones of this chicken when I take it out or its a dud.

COMBAT BETA

guestposting

Educated
Yeah no highlighting is so-so, I mean I can understand it if it's deliberate design decision as part of gameplay chacking players attantion, but...
Why would you need highlighting when basically every object is interact-able?
Objects blending in with the environment. It'll be a nightmare for me.

Presumably they’ll put in alt or tab for highlighting when they implement I for inventory and C for character sheet etc... Most keyboard commands clearly aren’t in yet other than speeding up animations and end turn.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I love the subtle and understated spell SFX. The camera angle is something that will take getting used to, however. It's not bad, just unusual.

why does this tard not seem to understand what .5 means? He puts on shoes that give 0.5 Armour bonus, and notices it does not increase his Armour (because it is not a full point) and decides it jsut means he can't wear shoes..lol, WTF? No, it means if you wear something else with another 0.5 bonus it will add up to 1.

He also thought in the point buy situation you could not buy to 18 because it cost 2 points to get from 16 to 17 then would not let him buy anymore, so he concluded point buy does not let you buy to 18 when its more likely it costs 3 or 4 points to get to 18 and just like it stops costing 1 point at 15 or whatever. He makes a lot of bizarre assumptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Not that subtle, they even have the same centuries long animations. Looks great nonetheless.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Having a way to speed up or even skip animations is paramount. No TB game should be without such an option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom