Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me something :(

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Hey chaps,any good games you could recommend. I had run out of games i feel like playing. Anything fun with a lot of exploration and side content,good writing too. Have played most of the rpgs and can't find what to play :(. Just finished atlas fallen and baldur's gape 3,now finishing miasma chronicle and searching for something to do after it. Not interested in generic games where it is reaping the same shit over and over again like old dungeon crawlers,unless something more open and interesting like might and magic games. Also no diablo clones lol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah I can't remember if the 3rd one was Arcanum or BG2. Fallout and PST are solid and excellent. If it was me, 3rd would be Bloodlines (but I'm a story fag and I love the VtM setting)... :oops:

EDIT: Found it https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453 Fallout 2 in 2014. Ahh the good old days. The 3rd place in our Holy Trinity™ jumps around a bit year to year. Fallout and PST still and always will remain. :salute:
All the good games are storyfag. Combatfagz don't have a single good game.

Too right. Storyfaggots had a huge presence on this site back in its formative years it seems. Gameplayfag games appear lower in the lists, even if they have a great story.

This is peak decline if you ask me.
Well the idea of combatfag is retarded ,to be honest. A good game is a good because of the writing and the level design. There is only few types of combat and they all become the same after some experience with them. I mean that one TB combat is the same as any other TB combat once you had played enough TB rpgs. Thus repeating the same stale combat encounter and enjoying,thus saying that it have good combat,is show of autism aka MMOretardation.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I absolutely enjoyed Astlibra (aRPG/Metroidvania with lots of exploration)

Yakuza 0 & Yakuza Like a Dragon made me love gaming again.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Total wild shot, as it doesn't fit anywhere near what you are looking for.
But if you were back than into flash games give Decision: Red Daze a try.
It kinda is like it always had been, but better. When I started playing it I felt like ten years younger (probably more).

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think Kenshi matches your description.
But don't try to play it in an "optimal" way so as to progress in power as fast as possible, or you will just end up exploiting the unbalanced stuff, playing it in a routinely way, and the charm will break. Try to really roleplay, set goals for your party (but without trying to rush to them) or just get lost while exploring, and the emergent stuff will find you. It is a hard game (if you don't use the exploits), but can also be pretty chill when you explore. The world is exotic and mysterious, a bit like in Morrowind, no generic fantasy.
Yes, definitely Kenshi. I guess Starsector would work too as it has good exploration, and as it is not a RPG, there is a higher chance you haven't played it. That said, I am not sure the latter works too well if you hate repetition in games.

Ash

Arcane
Well the idea of combatfag is retarded ,to be honest.
Sure is. There is only one correct and logical kind of gamer, and that is the gameplayfag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom