Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me something :(

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, it'd be useful if someone wrote a Codex review for that game.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Fanta cheated through every interesting game in existence, and now complains about the lack of interesting games.
lel

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
>Anything fun with a lot of exploration and side content,good writing too

Have you played Underrail yet? The 'fun' part might be debatable but it's got immense amounts of exploration and very good writing. I can't stand to think about playing it any more but that's only because i put in 800 hours

Battle Brothers
Shadowrun: Dragonfall (if you like it, can also play Hong Kong and Returns, but Dragonfall is the best by far)
Expeditions: Viking
Kingdom Cum: Deliverance
Witcher 1-3
Cyberspunk 2077
Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom
Days Gone (not an RPG but close enough, great game)
ELEX

RegionalHobo

Scholar
kinda hard to recommend shit when i don t know what you ve already played nor your taste. i suppose you at the very least checked/played what you wanted of the codex top x games list so i ll not list any of those. as such i ll just throw some ( good ) shit at the wall.

visual novels or just games with minor gameplay with decent plot/friendly for a first time reader in the genre - raging loop, gnosia, 16 sentinels

tactics games - devil survivor 1 for 3ds emulator / tactics ogre let s cling together - emulator or the steam version

metroidvanias - ASTLIBRA. this is actually much better than it looks, second best metroidvania i ve played. the best being castlevania sotn

semi obscure western shit - inquisitor - if you are on codex i guess you know about it but who knows.

semi obscure chinese shit - 觅长生/immortal way of life- you ll need a discord translation/ tale of wuxia- there s a official translation

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Aliens: Dark Descent
Seems interesting,can you play with a man or is it just the feminist protag ?

Dark Descent is surprisingly decent. The corpo Weyland-Yutani chick is the main protagonist, but the gameplay is mostly just you being a disembodied commander leading a squad of 4 or 5 marines through maze-like scifi dungeons.

There's some light management mechanics. The actual meat of fighting your way through the aliens is solid. The story is non-hilariously bad and should just be skipped though.

If you're looking for good exploration and something with heart, try Gedonia. Think of Gothic's retarded nephew that managed to somehow do better on character building. If you're looking for something a bit more tactical, don't dismiss Satellite Reign. Its underrated in the account that it didn't surpass nostalgic expectations.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
There's nothing new to recommend.
I'd suggest you prepare to survive US NGO's, they're committing to the worst genocide in recorded history right now, and make no mistake, Bulgarians are on their list as well..

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Hey chaps,any good games you could recommend. I had run out of games i feel like playing. Anything fun with a lot of exploration and side content,good writing too. Have played most of the rpgs and can't find what to play :(. Just finished atlas fallen and baldur's gape 3,now finishing miasma chronicle and searching for something to do after it. Not interested in generic games where it is reaping the same shit over and over again like old dungeon crawlers,unless something more open and interesting like might and magic games. Also no diablo clones lol.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit
Very large open world. Bit dangerous and lots of side quests.

thesecret1

Arcane
Hey chaps,any good games you could recommend. I had run out of games i feel like playing. Anything fun with a lot of exploration and side content,good writing too. Have played most of the rpgs and can't find what to play :(. Just finished atlas fallen and baldur's gape 3,now finishing miasma chronicle and searching for something to do after it. Not interested in generic games where it is reaping the same shit over and over again like old dungeon crawlers,unless something more open and interesting like might and magic games. Also no diablo clones lol.
Play Archolos

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Memoirs of Battle Brothel. Decent story, good writing, interesting lore + lots of boobs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom