Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me something :(

Baron Dupek

Arcane
^
is also got Dayglow DLC
On that topic - Olympus 2207

Other - Planet Alcatraz 1 and 2, Hard to be a God, Night Watch games

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok, second recommandation: Try to finish a game without cheats! :smug:

Aemar

Arcane
Siege of Avalon. Old-school title similar to Divine Divinity, although better than DD in many aspects including writing. Combat is not that good though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Siege of Avalon. Old-school title similar to Divine Divinity, although better than DD in many aspects including writing. Combat is not that good though.
fantadomat seriously give this one a try, I hear the story's good.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Nigga you most likely heard it from me lol. Out of all the recommendation in here,i haven't heard off 5 of them. Now trying out two of them. Have replayed siege of avalon a few times,and yeah it have shitty combat but top tier writing.

A bit sad that the regulars haven't noticed after 7 years in here,that i am one of the most knowledgeable chap on rpgs in here and had played a shit ton of them.

VerSacrum

Educated
Been playing NWN custom campaigns to wash out the bad aftertaste BG3 left. Finished the Tortured Hearts modules and now Almraiven which another Codexer recommended.

Did Realms of Arkania HD add anything worthwhile now that makes it preferable to the old school charm of the classics? Screenshots look pretty soulless to me.

Hey chaps,any good games you could recommend. I had run out of games i feel like playing. Anything fun with a lot of exploration and side content,good writing too. Have played most of the rpgs and can't find what to play :(. Just finished atlas fallen and baldur's gape 3,now finishing miasma chronicle and searching for something to do after it. Not interested in generic games where it is reaping the same shit over and over again like old dungeon crawlers,unless something more open and interesting like might and magic games. Also no diablo clones lol.
Have you tried Skyrim? I hear it's really good.

thesecret1

Arcane
You want something more obscure, huh? Try Goldenland - really good, but difficult to obtain. There's a thread on it here somewhere with the EN translation. Hard to be a God (same developer as Goldenland) is easier to get and has official EN translation. I didn't like it as much as Goldenland, but it was still pretty good.

notpl

Arbiter
Ho Tu Lo Shu. Tale of Wuxia is slightly better as an overall package, but HTLS has better exploration/side content.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You want something more obscure, huh? Try Goldenland - really good, but difficult to obtain. There's a thread on it here somewhere with the EN translation. Hard to be a God (same developer as Goldenland) is easier to get and has official EN translation. I didn't like it as much as Goldenland, but it was still pretty good.
Why would Goldenland be difficult to obtain? Both parts are on abandonware sites. Russian Zlatogorye was published in the west as Heath - the Unchosen Path and has English translation (albeit abysmal). It's a very barebones game. I completed it and wrote a short review - link in my signature.

Zlatogorye 2, known in the west as Goldenland did not have an English release, but you can download the Russian version (also available on abandonware sites) and apply the unofficial English translation. Can't vouch for its quality though, never got far into it.

thesecret1

Arcane
Why would Goldenland be difficult to obtain? Both parts are on abandonware sites. Russian Zlatogorye was published in the west as Heath - the Unchosen Path and has English translation (albeit abysmal). It's a very barebones game. I completed it and wrote a short review - link in my signature.

Zlatogorye 2, known in the west as Goldenland did not have an English release, but you can download the Russian version (also available on abandonware sites) and apply the unofficial English translation. Can't vouch for its quality though, never got far into it.
I meant the latter, of course, not Heath. And difficult to obtain because you have to scout for it (and the translation, if you need EN language) on the internet rather than just buying it on Steam or wherever.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey chaps,any good games you could recommend. I had run out of games i feel like playing. Anything fun with a lot of exploration and side content,good writing too. Have played most of the rpgs and can't find what to play :(. Just finished atlas fallen and baldur's gape 3,now finishing miasma chronicle and searching for something to do after it. Not interested in generic games where it is reaping the same shit over and over again like old dungeon crawlers,unless something more open and interesting like might and magic games. Also no diablo clones lol.
Is it better than fallout 4 ?!

:thwack:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Is it better than fallout 4 ?!

:thwack:

You was trolled, bro.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I meant the latter, of course, not Heath. And difficult to obtain because you have to scout for it (and the translation, if you need EN language) on the internet rather than just buying it on Steam or wherever.
Who told you fantadomat ever buys games
Yup,just downloaded it from a pirate site with patches and shit lol. You do tend to get worst package on steam than on pirate sites. Also you should try A Farewell to Dragons,it is the same type of slav game. I did enjoy it as much as hard to be a god.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Ultima Underworld for the PS1. (It has been translated).

7062screenshot1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom