Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

Baltika9

Arcane
Hue.
The only way it can get better is if the sword starts ejecting energy.
:troll:

Last edited:
We're a master thief/warrior hybrid now (which makes us an assassin, I suppose?). If we won't be able to forge documents later, then we can always steal them. I'm concerned more about priority targets.
For instance, perhaps they may just steal the sword if we delay it, and use it for their purposes.
Yeah, but we still have to do this fast, before the peace treaty we made with that mining city falls apart when they realize their new lord is dead. One of the things we must secure in particular is the contract to our mercenaries. Sure, the current crisis is a priority, but we can't forget why we came to the new world in the first place, otherwise we will just have to repeat the whole conquest thing all over again later when the Crusaders arrive. Only this time without mercenaries and against much stronger forces.

Cassidy

Arcane
1) Reach Ingvar to warn or save him from the Mýrr potential attack, won with 3 votes.

TBH, I was waiting for treave to finish his Epic because I was hoping he would give writing IFs a break so more attention would be given to this one in the meantime. But I was wrong, so here it goes.

:M

==============

Casing home, sweet home

Freyjanna, already burdened by the memories of the other self, could not bear the thought of leaving her own father to a grisly death. He was the only person in this City she truly cared about, for her other family has always treated her poorly, and her mother has always been too weak-willed, cold and indifferent to stand up for her after all the one turned into a corpse has done. Nowhere else there could be safety, nowhere else to go. Over a dozen of knives, a rope, a hook and a belt with dubious tools were all kept inside her brown coat. She didn't wear a hood, for not being noticed and not being spotted were equally important for her ways, and most people didn't walk over the streets wearing hoods.

Her father's mansion was well guarded, but that was no comfort. There could be a traitor within perhaps

Well fuck. Still thinking between 2 and 3. I don't like the idea of surrender - he might actually do some damage to us even if he can't break us. Our father is important, yes. But not more important than stopping the end of the world. On the other hand, just leaving seems pointless - we are not likely to get such a chance at killing him in a long time. And taking him out was the point behind going into that trap in the first place.

Now, 2 is us trying to be tricky, but this is something he would definitely expect from Freyjanna. 3 is a direct attack that could caught him unprepared, but direct assault against these assholes didn't work so great for us the last time, didn't it?

Whatever we choose I propose that for a time we forget about being king or politics or anything - this is outright war. We need to burn their houses, assassinate everyone compromised, but a fear of gods into the City. If we try to play their game we will lose. Again. And once we secure our mercenaries we need to take out their base of operations as well. I just hope we can pull that off before the Crusaders show up. What a mess.

Edit: Fuck it and fuck this guy: 3
I just don't think that 2 would work.

Last edited:
1 unfortunately.

I say unfortunately because I don't trust that bastard at all, but it doesn't look like we have much choice. If we stay here without our sword we are not getting through this. We are not as good at fighting as we were before. If we jump, well what prevents them from just picking up our body afterwards? Hell, it's something I could see them do even if they have no idea we are immortal as well. So 1, if only to escape alive (for now). Getting our sword back would be a great bonus though.

This just gets better and better.

I think I'm going with 1 for now. I want to be a tentacle. Well, not really, but the alternatives don't fill me with hope.

Just fighting on our own is not going to end well. We still don't have our sword and we are not as good at fighting as we used to be. As for returning back instead, well it's a definite possibility (if we can find any other portal that leads to a right time and space), but these assholes will have to be dealt one way or the other anyway. Yes, he probably is neglecting to tells us something about the consequences - like, what happens when this thing grows up. Maybe what he is really doing is making an insurance policy for himself.

Also, could our body be here as well? Hell, did they even have the time to move us and our sword from the City? Less then a day has passed from our disastrous attack, right? So should our body be still on a ship heading here?

Baltika9

Arcane
We talking about the same Devourer we fought for so many years? Sure, we're strange bedfellows in survival, but dudes, come on. He's our enemy, let's get Angartyr's soul-devouring blade and go to town on these degenerates.
:rpgcodex:

If we had our sword, then sure - it might work. But all we have is a knife. And there is a really good chance our sword isn't even here unless I'm seriously miscalculating time passed. Let's see, we have awaken in the morning after the failed attack, went to save dad immediately and now we are here. The last time it took us days to get to the mining city (where Myr base is located) from the City, didn't it? So, what if our body and our sword are still on a ship somewhere? Are we going to take on 50+ of these guys with a knife? And what happens if we fail? No, I'd rather vote to abandon this mission than that.

Edit: Also, now that you used the word bedfellows, I'm getting a strong System Shock 2 vibe from this.

Baltika9

Arcane
No, it's in their real home, the same one we're heading to. Which means we just have to find it and go to town on these scumbags.

No, it's in their real home, the same one we're heading to. Which means we just have to find it and go to town on these scumbags.
Yeah, but isn't their real home in that mining city? Where there actually is naphtha? And the manor in the City was just a trap?

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, that mining city is where Devourer is transporting us. It's our choice if we want to take the tentacles or find our own approach. I say, find our sword! And don't burn Angartyr's body, we might be able to figure something out.

That's what I'm saying - the Devourer is transporting us there, right. But wouldn't our body have to arrive there by a ship? And since less then a day has passed, should it and our sword still be somewhere between the City and this place?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom