Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Generic-Giant-Spider

It seems the initial part in Raccoon City is very short, like a minute long.

The fuck? Does Kendo's back-alley lead right into the police station or something? Is Kendo in the game? What about Brad Vickers as an Easter egg? Why are they doing this? What are you doing Capcom.

Source:

It's a bit scattered but you can put the pieces together.
  • The sewer is after the gunshop because leon still is wearing his long sleeves,
  • The gun shop is after the police station because ada is with you
  • There a more full cutsence of the chief's phone call he tells claire to go to an orphange to meet him there, i'll look for the video that has that

After the phone call you switch to sherry

At the time stamp, there's a pamphlet mentioning an orphanage.

Last edited:

Solid Snail

Learned
I really hope this is good. RE2 is my favourite RE, and I pre-ordered this which is a thing I don't do often.
If this sucks, fuck you Capcom.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Why do we hate Remake2 now? Somebody explain pls.

This is the codex. It's our duty to hate everything in existence excepting the first Fallout.

Nah, now seriously. How can we hate the game when it isn't even in the stores yet? People is just being skeptical. A bit edgy, but skeptical.

Machocruz

Arcane
Supposedly there is overall more enemy variety than in the original. But I got that from a spoiler thread in ResetMascara, so keep that in mind.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Was it ever explained why they went with the over the shoulder perspective? The remakes of 0 and 1 looked and worked just fine.

MapMan

Arcane
REmake didn't sell that well at the time so they went with OTS camera for RE4 which sold like hot cakes. REmake 2 is going to sell like hotcakes too, probably biggest RE launch ever. Don't think we are ever getting another RE like 1-3.

BTW: There are a lot of gameplay leaks now. A lot has been cut, multiple enemies and locations, e.g. the pre police station city trek is almost completely cut. :negative:

Was it ever explained why they went with the over the shoulder perspective? The remakes of 0 and 1 looked and worked just fine.
Did you forget that the tank controls were turned off on default in the remasters of 0 and REmake? When I saw that I knew that capcom wouldn't make REmake 2 like REmake 1. Without tank controls most the difficult of the game just evaporates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom