Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Darkside chronicles is more of a faithful remake than the actual re2 remake :negative:

tumblr_lqwhhf7fhp1r1w1tto1_500.gif

Ivan

Arcane
What is G1, G2, G3, etc?

William Birkin's transformations. They worked as bosses in the original game, spreaded into the two scenarios.

Birkin.jpg

Third form looks like some Devil May Cry cut content lol

Still, I adore RE2 and it's my favorite of the series. My enthusiasm has deflated after seeing some demos. Will acquire when it's 75% off, I got better shit to play

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Why do we hate Remake2 now? Somebody explain pls.

"now"

Typical attempt to make it seem like people arbitrarily started hating the game only recently to be contrarian or something. Many people have been wary or unreceptive of the game since it's announcement for a variety of reasons.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...make-coming-january-25th.122418/#post-5662702

I started coming around to be more optimistic towards the game when it sounded like it would basically be a graphical update to the original game, with a new camera perspective but minimal changes to core aspects of the original. But as more information came out about the game, and most recently with this playable demo it's been revealed that the game is an overall dumbed down, messy, incompetent remake of what is generally considered a classic game. I'd say I'm surprised that more people haven't turned against the game, but people are idiots, especially fanboys.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm guessing they removed the creatures to make it less campy and more serious... or they were just lazy, treating it as a demo for future RE remakes.

sullynathan

Arcane
I'd say I'm surprised that more people haven't turned against the game
Why so? Capcom has been confident in their marketing, they've even released a demo that people really like. In essence, no one will turn against the game unless you're a fag that doesn't like over the shoulder or if you're like Ash and complain about stupid shit like the UI being a different color from the original game or different color palette.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
has more variety, detail, and mechanical depth than ever before.
What does this even mean? It's spammed like a dozen times in that blurb. Has more visual detail because it's a game made with 2018 technology instead of 1998? It remains to be seen if these enemies will be as visually distinct and memorable, which is what matters. And I doubt they will be. Detail for the sake of detail is pointless, messy, and ugly.

Variety? It seems like the zombies have more variety in their visuals, yeah. But how exactly is a unique boss monster going to have more "variety"?

Mechanical depth. I assume this is mistaking sheer complexity, or "stuff happening," for depth. The fact that a zombie now has a billion different animations because they are using some kind of advanced physics system doesn't give it more "depth." There's nothing deep about a zombie tripping over another zombie, it's stupid. The original RE games had real depth because the design was honed to a sharp edge. By playing the game over and over you could learn and anticipate zombies movements, attack patterns, spawn conditions, etc. It rewarded game knowledge and skill. A bunch of random shit happening constantly because it's all left up to various advanced physics systems isn't "deep." Having more zombies on screen in itself does not add "depth." The fact that you can blow the limbs off of zombies isn't "deep," it's nothing more than a juvenile visual gimmick.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'm guessing they removed the creatures to make it less campy and more serious... or they were just lazy, treating it as a demo for future RE remakes.

If the excuse is less camp, they are about twenty years late since RE has always been campy as fuck and that's what makes it endearing. But even still, giant spiders is such an easy scare for most people considering how it's a common phobia. Imagine with the lighting and good looking graphics how terrifying they could have made it, hearing them skitter all around and causing you to whip around with your flashlight in paranoia, would've been so good. The webspinners/Black Tiger in REmake worked very well and looked like beasts.

But if I had to guess, they'll probably include the missing enemies like crows/giant spiders in REmake 3 to show "Capcom listens to their fans" or some shit like that.

sullynathan

Arcane
Variety? It seems like the zombies have more variety in their visuals, yeah. But how exactly is a unique boss monster going to have more "variety"?
have you compared the small birkin fight showed so far to the one from the original game? Difference is night and day.

The environmental destruction and increased combat speed and control of the character makes this rather simple boss fight far more exciting in the newer game than it was in the original where all you did was fight in a near 2D plane dodging a slow lumbering zombie that can't hit because it is far too easy to dodge all his attacks.

How can you not see this yet it is plain for any human being with eyes to see? This isn't even a 2019 vs 1998 thing, because making the monster more aggressive could've been done 20 years ago but that's not the case, now is it?

If the excuse is less camp, they are about twenty years late since RE has always been campy as fuck and that's what makes it endearing. But even still, giant spiders is such an easy scare for most people considering how it's a common phobia. Imagine with the lighting and good looking graphics how terrifying they could have made it, hearing them skitter all around and causing you to whip around with your flashlight in paranoia, would've been so good. The webspinners/Black Tiger in REmake worked very well and looked like beasts.

But if I had to guess, they'll probably include the missing enemies like crows/giant spiders in REmake 3 to show "Capcom listens to their fans" or some shit like that.
or they'll crow like they did in previous games. Difference will be you can't shoot them and kill them now. Not like they were a menace before ,they died in one hit.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Game allows the player to shoot off limbs in order to slow down enemies. Physics engine makes enemies harder to hit, which makes for good survival horror gameplay, especially when facing multiple enemies.

Codex: IT'S THE OPPOSITE OF DEPTH

Only here can you find this type of weaponized autism. :lol::lol:

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

Game allows the player too shoot off limbs in order to slow down enemies. Physics engine makes enemies harder to hit, which makes for good survival horror gameplay, especially when facing multiple enemies.

Codex: IT'S THE OPPOSITE OF DEPTH

Only here can you find this type of weaponized autism. :lol::lol:

Clearly autoaim is a more in-depth mechanic than whatever you describe.

Steezus

Savant
Patron

To be fair, switching over to type C aiming in RE2 to enable auto aim is more a more fulfilling mechanic than acctually shooting shit for retardos like agentorange.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hopefully the spider removal thing is bullshit.

Giant photo realistic infected spiders would have been rather horrifying. The ones in Remake were also rather creepy.

Wunderbar

Arcane
To be fair, switching over to type C aiming in RE2 to enable auto aim is more a more fulfilling mechanic than acctually shooting shit for retardos like agentorange.
i just replayed RE2 on pc, where autoaim is disabled on normal and higher difficulties. Mr X's final form without autoaim was a nightmare! Thank god for Ada's bazooka.

That's being said, disabled autoaim gave me the actual challenge, because the game is too easy. Especially when compared to other classic RE games.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

The environmental destruction and increased combat speed and control of the character makes this rather simple boss fight far more exciting in the newer game than it was in the original where all you did was fight in a near 2D plane dodging a slow lumbering zombie that can't hit because it is far too easy to dodge all his attacks.

Deliberately choosing a video of a no damage playthrough in which someone who has mastered the game is able to beat the boss without taking a hit, and trying to use this to say the game is too easy. And then linking a comparison video of a stage demo where they are deliberately trying to make the game look as dramatic as possible. You are pathetic and disingenuous.

sullynathan

Arcane
Deliberately choosing a video of a no damage playthrough in which someone who has mastered the game is able to beat the boss without taking a hit, and trying to use this to say the game is too easy. And then linking a comparison video of a stage demo where they are deliberately trying to make the game look as dramatic as possible. You are pathetic and disingenuous.

No. I deliberately chose a video showing the first birkin fight, because we only have footage of the first birkin fight in the RE2 reimagining. Dumbass. Why would I pick a video of one of the end fights of RE2 when the remake hasn't shown that yet?

sullynathan

Arcane
Oh god, is that Leon? Perhaps now those complaining that Leon is ugly or "doesn't look the same" can feel like it was 1998. :roll:

5cb53391d22f11c7bb1029813a21bd1e.jpg
7f1d73d23ec674b5e515dc60fa4f20e4.png
8788dd7e64b3e031ac28fa56a71affd0.gif

yes it will be free after March 22nd

yes, you can unlock Modern HD versions of these costumes in the game
RE2-Costumes-PV_10-31-18.jpg

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Hopefully the spider removal thing is bullshit.

Giant photo realistic infected spiders would have been rather horrifying. The ones in Remake were also rather creepy.

I mean, I kinda feel you on this, but at the same time, missing out on 4 spiders down in the sewers is hardly something I really care about. RE1 at least had a spider boss fight, but RE2 spiders were basically non-lethal wall decoration. There's an argument to be made that they could've expanded on the spiders, put them in more than just two rooms, etc., but as long as all the other enemy types are fun to fight, I don't really mind.

i just replayed RE2 on pc, where autoaim is disabled on normal and higher difficulties. Mr X's final form without autoaim was a nightmare!
Thank god for Ada's bazooka.

Huh, can't you switch the control scheme to type C on PC? I always thought that was possible on all ports, but maybe it's exclusive to the dual shock edition.

Oh god, is that Leon? Perhaps now those complaining that Leon is ugly or "doesn't look the same" can feel like it was 1998. :roll:

I won't play the game with the shitty RE2 models, but Leon and especially Claire look super dumb. There's no denying that.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Huh, can't you switch the control scheme to type C on PC? I always thought that was possible on all ports, but maybe it's exclusive to the dual shock edition.
That's about it.
ydKWLKi.png
Not sure about original PC version, I played sourcenext with "classic rebirth" patch. There was an option to force autoaim on every mode, but i decided against it.

sullynathan

Arcane
launch Live stream

Resident Evil 2: The Ghost Survivor Announced

cc3c54cdec02c19a0d737ecffca4b545.jpg

A free DLC releasing after launch for REmake 2. it's a new game mode where you can play as multiple characters, it'll be a mode with randomized elements, an in-game shop (not micro transactions, earn points in-game by performing well), and should be very replayable they say. Hints it might be like a randomizor/rogue mode, but no 100% at this time. Robert Kendo, a USS Member and Katherine (mayor's daughter) are playable in it, more characters to be revealed.

hree volumes, the first one will hit at an unknown date, have Kendo, a USS Member, and Katherine playable. The mode may have a loose "alternate reality" story mode and randomized rogue-like mode, but it's a bit unclear right now. Confirmed this first volume will include a brand new enemy that's not in RE2 normally

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom