Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

Drakortha

Liturgist

SumDrunkGuy

RE3 was a shitty Resident Evil game and fuck you.
agentorange, you're more than welcome to come in here and voice your opinion.
how about you explain why RE3 is a shitty RE game while RE3R is suddenly an incline?

If you read all my posts in this thread I think it will become fairly obvious why I don't like it. But if you're too lazy to do that, I don't like the Nemesis or stalker enemies in general.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
The best games in the franchise don't have stalkers. REmake 1 (the GOAT), RE1, RE2, Code Veronica, RE4; NONE of them have that stalker bullshit. It's also even more ironic that the remake of the game that started the lame trend thumbs it's nose at that shit. I approve.

Someone didn't play B scenario in the original RE2...The Mr. X in that functions in almost the exact same way as Nemesis (it's where the Nemesis concept was developed from in the first place): a super powered enemy that appears at certain moments in the story and chases the player within a limited range, but can be incapacitated.

And REmake has Lisa Trevor, who has to be entirely avoided in the areas she appears.

You seem to be under the impression that the Nemesis in the original RE3 was chasing the player constantly throughout the game and could only be avoided, probably because you've never played the game.

But yeah please explain to us how RE3 ruined the series while you fellate Code Veronica and RE4 :lol:

Machocruz

Arcane
The original RE3 didn't blow my skirt up, but I think it had just the right amount of Nemesisery. I was in a slight panic every time he showed up, but still got to have plenty of time with "normal" RE play. What i would have liked them to have done here was keep the amount of time with him the same as the original, but randomize when he appears for each playthrough.

Waiting for the crack. I really want to play this, but 'm not gonna pay 60 bucks for just 6 or 7 hours of gameplay and an mp nobody asked for.

A horse of course

agentorange, you're more than welcome to come in here and voice your opinion. You clearly disagree with me, so maybe stop being a bitch and do something other than rating my posts.

edit

Punk ass.

Don't bother trying to reason with ArgentMandarin's ratings. He's a mad-dog son of a bitch who reads the entirety of my 1000wd screenshot thead writeups then rates them "tl;dr" anyway, just to be rude. Fuck him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Aight niggas, here's my ultra short review and impressions:

Resident Evil 3 is simply a joy to look at, it's crisp, visually pleasing and it features some really cool scenes and environments from the chaos of Racoon city. The game is fast-paced, like a movie, that doesn't let go of you, and it's simply a fun but short ride.
I like the reworked story that ties in with the RE2 remake, but I understand that isn't everybodys cup of tea, and that's fine. You can always play the originals. As such, the remakes almost feels like a entirely new game on its own.

But how does it compare to the original Resident Evil 3? And how is it as a remake?

Tougher to answer, indeed. Diehard fans of vanilla RE3 will definitely feel disappointed with this remake, as there are cuts here and there in content and in the story and especially how Nemesis is implemented.
People wanting a 1:1 remake will definitely feel angered, and expectations not met. It is what it is.

I think the Remake gives a fresh take on the story of Jill, and how she's been researching and doing detective work on Umbrella, the game starts you off in medias res, and it goes full on from there. You might say it starts in the middle of the orignal RE3, and that's okay.
Nemesis is for the most part pretty cool, and I like that he doesn't chase you around for hours on end. I would have used abit more Normal Nemesis encounters and more areas, but that's ok.

Would I have wished the game was a bit longer? Sure! Do I mind that it isn't? No! Because what we got, was really really fucking fun and entertaining. Quality over Quantity, niggas!

For whatever reason, Capcom seems to have wanted RE3R to be much quicker, and fast-paced, and they wanted to clear up some of the story. In that sense, it ties in with RE2R perfectly, but leaves vanilla fans in the dust. RE3R is a weaker remake than RE2R, but it's still fun as hell. Sadly, Capcom should maybe have fleshed out the game abit more, which means more neemsis encounters, more open areas to explore, and perhaps a longer story with carlos and jill. Heres to hoping for dlcs.

SumDrunkGuy

This game is a weird thing. REmake 2 obviously had a lot more care and content put into it and is probably the *better* game overall, but I enjoyed REmake 3 more. It's bullshit that Capcom went full Jew with this thing because it could have been something truly special. But what it is is a half-assed remake that ended up being better than it had any right to be.

The "B-team" had a solid foundation to work with thanks to REmake 2 scraps, and wisely they analysed that thing, pinpointed key flaws, and eliminated them (the bullet sponge bullshit and Mrs. X being the two bigguns) and with the remaining foundation they crafted a tight little action thriller that straight up fucking rocks.

They took what little scraps they had and made a beast of a campaign. I honor the hell out of them, and wish death on Crapcom for sending them down shit creek to die. In a lot of ways, the developers of this game mirror Jill and Carlos. God bless the badass mother fuckers.

Last edited by a moderator:

sullynathan

Arcane
I'm hearing from these video reviews that it wasn't the main Capcom team that mae RE3R, was this confirmed?

Also, Capcom wants to know if you would buy another Remake title.

Last edited:
It's co-developed by a few different Capcom teams, one of which was recently revealed not too long ago to be people that came back from PlatinumGames.

Last edited:

A horse of course

It was the B-team of the RE2 B-team, in other words. Just like the original Nemesis :smug: Except in this case they did a worse job than the main team.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It was the B-team of the RE2 B-team, in other words. Just like the original Nemesis :smug: Except in this case they did a worse job than the main team.

Worse job with fewer ressources and less time, yea it makes sense. Still, the game is fucking fun, even while short

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The former Platinum devs working on this game must be from the Ninja Turtles and Korra dev teams based on the quality of RE3R.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I've tried Nightmare difficulty, and it's not bad actually.

Game gives you magnum right from the get go so now you'll have to decide how to use your high-grade gunpowder (either save two bottles to craft magnum ammo, or use one bottle for some shotgun shells). Some elements of the game were changed just to fuck with your expectations (there is one new zombie right after you get a handgun at the beginning, some zombies were relocated to different places, some doors are now locked so you have to find another way around, etc).

For some reason the game allows you to use all of your unlockable stuff like extra sidepacks/bonus coins/infinite ammo, and using them doesn't even penalize you with a lower rank.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The relocation/shuffling of enemies and items was actually a thing in the OG RE3 so that's at least one thing they didn't rape completely.

Wunderbar

Arcane
The relocation/shuffling of enemies and items was actually a thing in the OG RE3 so that's at least one thing they didn't rape completely.
it's not as drastic as randomized grenade launcher/revolver. Also 90% of players will miss it cuz you can just skip the whole thing with an infinite rocket launcher.

btw this time you get infinite weapons not by beating the game on highest difficulty/getting S rank/knocking nemesis each time he shows up, but by... grinding in-game currency. Earn your points by killing 80 zombies with magnum, killing 120 zombies with grenade launcher, killing 400 zombies with an assault rifle, killing 2000 zombies in general... :prosper:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Beating the game on Inferno should have unlocked infinite ammo weapons in the shop, imo. Everything else should have been very limited use and the things like inventory space should be unlocked based on ranking in Standard/Hardcore/Nightmare. As you said, the reshuffling of items doesn't mean too much when you can just infinite ammo your way through the game anyways while in the previous RE3 it was there to make up for a lack of B scenario and keep replays feeling fresh.

I just bought the RE1 Jill outfit when I got to the shop in the event I ever plan to binge the RE games again. Infinite ammo is for Rookie Mode scum.

Ezekiel

Arcane
The dialogue was so badly garbled by the sound effects and music towards the whole end portion of the game, I could barely understand the characters. Especially Nikolai, whose volume was way too low and sounded badly recorded. I think it just came out of the center speaker too. I don't remember other RE games having such crappy sound mixes.

Game was alright. No desire to play again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom