Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Fargus

Arcane
And unlike many modders who happen to be narcissistic losers
Are you implying that Wesp "I alone turned Bloodlines from a flawed gem to the jewel it is today" Five isn't a narcissist?
It isn't narcissism if it's true. :M Game would be literally unplayable without at least the base patch.
Which is exactly Wesp5's real achievement.
Didn't Tim Cain&Co. praise him and his work? Even Avellone himself?
But now he just releases patch after patch after patch with changes thrown in that nobody asked for.

I haven't played this game in around 3 years. The changes you're talking about are in plus version of the patch? Basic should be just bugfixes and QoL as far as i know.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Are you implying that Wesp "I alone turned Bloodlines from a flawed gem to the jewel it is today" Five isn't a narcissist?
It isn't narcissism if it's true. :M Game would be literally unplayable without at least the base patch.
Which is exactly Wesp5's real achievement.
Didn't Tim Cain&Co. praise him and his work? Even Avellone himself?
But now he just releases patch after patch after patch with changes thrown in that nobody asked for.

I haven't played this game in around 3 years. The changes you're talking about are in plus version of the patch? Basic should just bugfixes and QoL as far as i know.
Actually, I think it is just the Plus patch version.
Wesp5 Can you clarify, mate?

Wesp5

Arcane
Yeah, the fixes I add nowaday are mostly plus patch only or things which a normal player would never even notice. But as long as people on Planet Vampire or elsewhere report issues that I can fix I will do so :)!

Semiurge

Cipher

The basic patch is not unique in its scope, even though supposedly it does a bit more than just fixing the bugs. There are others like the True Patch, but the real highlight of Wesp's legacy lies in the +patch. As far as I know there are no other patches that have restored as much cut content without also altering the gameplay or quest structure significantly.

Wesp5

Arcane
As far as I know there are no other patches that have restored as much cut content without also altering the gameplay or quest structure significantly.

I would guess that the KOTOR2 restoration project, or however it is called, exceeds the stuff that I restored by far. And there maybe other similar mods...

Jazz_

Arcane
Yeah of course, that's why your "Basic Patch" is only "bugfixes", like "Removed an annoying side table in Gary's lair" and "Made Empire clerk bisexual responding to Seduction from either sex."

The side table could get you stuck and the Empire desk clerk change is plus patch only.
"Removed critical bum cutscene and illogical Pisha feeding cutscene."

"Put unfinished dogs at Giovanni Mansion....."

The list goes on. Again, I also don't know if the stuff I listed were in Basic Patch or moved to Plus """""Patch"""""" years after their inception. Whatever, I'm done ranting.

Lol there is shit like this changed arbitrarily all over Wesp patch, I already wrote about this years ago in this very thread but I still remember the ghost in Ocean House standing there motionless and you could take a good look at it, all the spookiness of the original where it disappears as soon as you enter the Hotel was gone, the rationale for changing it? Well, some people missed it lol. I also remember the npcs droning the same lines over and over again (which didn't happen in the original game) because Wesp modified some parameter in their dialogue routines. I think many people do not even notice those things because they never played the game without it

jackofshadows

Magister
I think many people do not even notice those things because they never played the game without it
My favorite part is when people do notice shit like that they come and say oh man imagine the horrors of playing without the patch! It's motherfucking unplayable for sure! When in reality the only valid issue of playing 1.2 is the texture bug which Wesp mentioned recently and that can be fixed easily. Don't get me wrong, there're still bugs in there like incorrect xp rewards or log entries but in general it's absolutely fine.

Wesp's "patch" is a mod and like any other mod is (in theory) nice to fresh things up be that "plus" version or "basic" which indeed is full of little schizo changes here and there anyway. "In theory" because it's not for me - last time I was trying the plus version I ragequit when I stuck in the "restored" turnstile at one of the club's enter.

Wesp5

Arcane
As far as I know there are no other patches that have restored as much cut content without also altering the gameplay or quest structure significantly.

I would guess that the KOTOR2 restoration project, or however it is called, exceeds the stuff that I restored by far. And there maybe other similar mods...

For Bloodlines I meant.

In that case you are right. In fact if people already complain about the changes the plus patch does, they should probably never play the Clan Quest Mod ;).

Fargus

Arcane
Latest version of CQM i've played had finished sabbat questline and it was fun. But the early additions have some of the most terrible voice acting ever in mods. One character from hitman side quest sounded like 15 year old boy with cheap half working microphone from 2001. Diablerie interactions have original voice lines awkwardly reused and rearranged to make new dialogue lines.

Now that AI is around the author should just use it to revamp the mod's dialogue.

Wesp5

Arcane
What annoyed me the most about the CQM Sabbat quest line was the moment when the game fades out, you magically appear before Lacroix and he tells you that he had dominated you the whole time. Makes you wonder if the whole story wasn't a dream while being in a shower :)! Also why would the Anarchs fight for the key when in the original game Jack clearly gave them a hint to not bother? Without any voice overs at all in that scene and later. And last not least the dark arena in which you could kill several main NPCs just for the fun of it and the way that Strauss could have kept you in his magic maze forever and didn't do it. How fine the rest of the mod is, burgermeister doesn't care about the original game or lore if he can kill main characters off ;)!

Fargus

Arcane
They are fanfic writers unfortunately and the mod's content is hit and miss. Still better than most mods for this game. Hell, i don't even know any quest mods of this scale for Bloodlines to be honest. I only made some personal use mods that never went beyond texture and model editing and that alone was torture and a waste of time, but modding this game more extensively must be a real bitch.

I like the extra crispy Sabbat's ending where you strap Lacroix to a spire and make him watch the sunrise. Hopefully the protagonist of Bloodlines 2 will get phyred the same way.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Strauss could have kept you in his magic maze forever and didn't do it.
Ehh, I guess such wards could be bypassed.
What annoyed me the most about the CQM Sabbat quest line
For me its the complete lack of Caine Cabbie involvement. If I recall correctly, bear with me, it's been some time, if you stay loyal to the Sabbat, you don't get Griffith Park and the enlightening discussion with Cabbie.

Fargus

Arcane

Wesp5

Arcane
I remember this mod dilated some trannies because the russian girl that made skins for it added a bunch of nazi sabbats. Comments are pretty funny.
https://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/no-nazi-antitribu

Yeah, Lenuska made some weird decisions at the time. Another one is having Tzimisce Szlachta look exactly like Aliens from the movie franchise! Or adding more fights to the game when everybody agrees that this is Bloodlines weakest point...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I remember this mod dilated some trannies because the russian girl that made skins for it added a bunch of nazi sabbats. Comments are pretty funny.
https://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/no-nazi-antitribu

Yeah, Lenuska made some weird decisions at the time. Another one is having Tzimisce Szlachta look exactly like Aliens from the movie franchise! Or adding more fights to the game when everybody agrees that this is Bloodlines weakest point...
The highlight being Grout's wife as a boss fight.

Fargus

Arcane
Certainly one of the womens success stories. God bless her beautiful, autistic soul.

Though i mostly know who she is because she was one of the first if not the first modmaker that discovered how to make model edits in this old ass version of source engine Bloodlines runs on.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
I've just replayed the game with unofficial patch but vanilla mechanics (repurchasable books, empty levels and other retardation).
Wesp picked up parts of a dilapidated piece of shit engine when official devs abandoned their jobs and decency and fucked off into fog and cancer. He's doing god's job.
Less whining
dYim9tH.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom