Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh yeah? This sucker is out tomorrow? Looking forward to trying the demo, having mostly ignored the run-up.

Pfhahaha, I like it how the Escapist gives it the lowest score, and it's written by none other than the hack of all hacks, Jim Spergling. I suppose the Escapist WOULD give it a higher score if you were playing a black woman or a tranny though...

Explorerbc

Arcane
Yeah, he doesn't sound like a big fan of the earlier games , he did like Risen 2 a bit though:M

The Risen series is just plain weird. Ultimately, it's a selection of roleplaying games that manage to be a laugh while also being not very good at all. From a purely objective standpoint, they're embarrassingly written, terribly balanced, and often quite alienating. Yet, for some reason, I find them enjoyable all the same. Risen 2: Dark Waters was something I had an especial fondness for.

Durwyn

Prophet
Polish gaming site gram.pl review (in glorious potato language ofcourse)

Summary

Pros:

- Plot is quite good
- Exploration
- Several good side-quests
- Landscapes
- Music

Cons:
- Nothing really new
- Assets recycling from R2
- Rushed end-game (again)
- Animations during dialogs
- OP guns and muskets
- Glitches and technical problems (again)

Some additional info:

- Some C&C but nothing breathtaking
- Morality system is here but doesn't change anything

Glorious 6.5 - would bang.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
So the reviews are positive.

LoL at all those clowns saying it's going to be terrible.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reviews from the console versions will most likely all be shit. The PS3 version is supposed to suck donkeyballs.

BBMorti

Arcane
I saw some movie with a bit of game-play from Risen 3 and the thing that stood out the most to me was them using skins from Risen 2 in the game.. which makes me think they run Risen 3 on the Risen 2 engine.. which makes me think risen 3 is crash and burn =/

RPS devoted almost a half of their (p)review to the protagonist's sister.

A sister who shouts “FUCKING BASTARDS!” at anything from zombie pirates to lizardmen to small, flightless dragons to angry crabs to fearful monkeys. She seems so full of misplaced anger towards the world and everything in it, though out of combat her attitude is more that of obnoxious know-it-all with a superiority complex. She constantly brags about herself and constantly mocks and belittles me, her brother, even though I do the lion’s share of monster-killing and monkey-scaring, and frankly her entirely impractical and physically impossible Erotic Pirate Fancy Dress outfit makes me embarrassed to be seen with her. There’s an overtone of Lannister to her too, and I don’t mean in the impressive ‘we will rule everything through sheer force of will’ sense, but rather in the ‘I’m a wee bit incesty’ sense. She’s negging me, and we all know why people neg each other, don’t we?

The scenery is beautiful, picking up oysters and checking them for pearls is vaguely therapeutic, and I even find a few pouches of gold amongst the driftwood. This would all be rather tranquil, if not for the insane person barking “BASTARD!” every two minutes or suddenly plunging two anti-gravity grapefruits into my field of vision while I’m trying to stab a crab.

I hate her.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/12/risen-3-diary/

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
User reviews are positrive as well. Saying its improved from before. I think you're delusional.

Echo Mirage

Arcane

A sister who shouts “FUCKING BASTARDS!” at anything from zombie pirates to lizardmen to small, flightless dragons to angry crabs to fearful monkeys. She seems so full of misplaced anger towards the world and everything in it, though out of combat her attitude is more that of obnoxious know-it-all with a superiority complex. She constantly brags about herself and constantly mocks and belittles me, her brother, even though I do the lion’s share of monster-killing and monkey-scaring, and frankly her entirely impractical and physically impossible Erotic Pirate Fancy Dress outfit makes me embarrassed to be seen with her. There’s an overtone of Lannister to her too, and I don’t mean in the impressive ‘we will rule everything through sheer force of will’ sense, but rather in the ‘I’m a wee bit incesty’ sense. She’s negging me, and we all know why people neg each other, don’t we?

The scenery is beautiful, picking up oysters and checking them for pearls is vaguely therapeutic, and I even find a few pouches of gold amongst the driftwood. This would all be rather tranquil, if not for the insane person barking “BASTARD!” every two minutes or suddenly plunging two anti-gravity grapefruits into my field of vision while I’m trying to stab a crab.

I hate her.

The protagonist's sister? I don't remember him having a sister. The only women that wore a sexy Pirate outfit and talked down to everyone was Patty Steelbeard.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I hate her.

The protagonist's sister? I don't remember him having a sister. The only women that wore a sexy Pirate outfit and talked down to everyone was Patty Steelbeard.
Different Guy.

I've never played Risen 2 (or 3, for that matter), so I can't really comment. It could be that RPS' Alec Meer is LARPing, or had failed his reading comprehension check. Or it could be different portags altogether.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom