Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RoboCop: Rogue City - new game from Terminator: Resistance devs

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm curious to see what romance mods the Nexus is going to come up with for this one.

ADL

Prophet
After how good this turned out being, this RoboCop game is definitely going to be on my radar. Hope we hear about the new Terminator DLC soon.

Silentstorm

Learned
Hope they get more of a budget, Resistance felt very much like an AA game, like it needed a bit more content but they did all they could with what they had, also, what's next?

Lethal Weapon or a Jackie Chan game?

Luka-boy

Arcane
also, what's next?

Lethal Weapon or a Jackie Chan game?
Escape from Detroit
snake_plissken_by_fabianmonk-d8ou60k.jpg

ferratilis

Magister
Nah, they should capitalize on the fact that Bill Cosby is out of jail now and make an adaptation of Leonard Part 6. They could probably hire him for $20 and a lunch.

515EN9AFD9L.jpg

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Resistance was the best entry into the Terminator franchise since the second movie. It may not do anything revolutionary in terms of gameplay, but it's well executed, solid fun to play with a not terrible story (plus titties). It also gave us the future war we always wanted to see instead of the hot garbage in all the movies after Judgement Day. It has great music and is very faithful to the original two movies. It is worth playing more than once and there is actual choice and consequence in the game with multiple endings. I put 60 hours into it and it has a "Very Positive" on Steam. I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Robocop.

And it's developed by a non SJW eastern euro dev team who puts out high quality free DLC. Incline.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Resistance did something I wanted since the '90s and that was a Terminator game where you play through it with Terminator vision on.

Somewhat hopeful about this game. Please let ED-209 be an alternate game mode or some shit.

JDR13

Arcane
Resistance was the best entry into the Terminator franchise since the second movie. It may not do anything revolutionary in terms of gameplay, but it's well executed, solid fun to play with a not terrible story (plus titties). It also gave us the future war we always wanted to see instead of the hot garbage in all the movies after Judgement Day. It has great music and is very faithful to the original two movies. It is worth playing more than once and there is actual choice and consequence in the game with multiple endings. I put 60 hours into it and it has a "Very Positive" on Steam. I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Robocop.

And it's developed by a non SJW eastern euro dev team who puts out high quality free DLC. Incline.

I've think we've found Terminator fanboy #1.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

I've think we've found Terminator fanboy #1.

Hardly. If I was a Terminator fanboy why would I be calling the last 4 movies (5 movies? not worth keeping count) utter garbage? That kind of goes against the definition of fanboy. I like good sci fi action movies and the first two movies were exactly that. Resistance was a solid game that did the movies justice. The dev team have earned a lot of good will by putting out additional high quality free content. That's all there is to it, really.

Use your brain.

Resistance did something I wanted since the '90s and that was a Terminator game where you play through it with Terminator vision on.
And they did that part for free. They were under no obligation to, there was no pre-sale promise of extra content or anything like that. It appears they did it because - get this- they actually appreciate the subject matter.

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
Hardly. If I was a Terminator fanboy why would I be calling the last 4 movies (5 movies? not worth keeping count) utter garbage? That kind of goes against the definition of fanboy. I like good sci fi action movies and the first two movies were exactly that. Resistance was a solid game that did the movies justice. The dev team have earned a lot of good will by putting out additional high quality free content. That's all there is to it, really.

If you look at it objectively, it's an average game at best. It's fun if you're in the mood for that setting, but the production values are AA, and it doesn't stand out in any way other than the fact that it uses the Terminator IP.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Think positively, it could had been a time waster like Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I'm curious as to how this will go. There aren't any good open-world games where you play as cops, especially not in a cyberpunk setting. Assuming they don't go in a different direction and ignore the cop part of things, it could be good just for that alone.
For the record, I know there are open world games where you play as the police, but they're either bad or they're ignoring the cop part so much its pointless.
2023? Why bother even putting up the Steam page at this point?
Apparently they get more people wishlisting it if it pops up early, and everyone does it. At least, that's how it was explained to me.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Wish we had an update on the new DLC.
Someone still wants to give me something and as he already gifted me Terminator Resistance in the past, any new story DLC would be a good follow up.

In other news Teyon is working on a Robocop game; Robocop Rogue City.

After the release of Terminator Resistance some other people and I started to discuss which other 80s movie IP we would like Teyon to give a try. Robocop was one of the first suggestions (along with an Aliens game, Predator, and the Thing)
If the studio continues to improve in quality like they have been doing with T:R, than Robocop might at least turn out to be a decent movie tie in AA FPS game.
It is not a problem if it doesn't look fancy, as long as it plays well and really recaptures the feel of the first movie.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's fun if you're in the mood for that setting

Being in the mood for the Terminator setting is pretty much the entire point of playing a Terminator game though, especially Resistance which isn't just some paint job over a generic FPS but actually every piece of it is all about Terminator - they took a few seconds from a couple of movies and made an entire world while everywhere you'd look it'd hook to the first two films.

Of course if the game sucked its setting wouldn't matter (see Rambo from the same devs :-P), but that is far from the case.

Hope they get more of a budget, Resistance felt very much like an AA game

but the production values are AA

FWIW i'd be way more concerned about the game if it had AAA+ production values. Lately all the good and memorable games i play tend to be AA at best with the AAA stuff being more on the lukewarm/ok side. And TBH i think a few issues with facial hair rendering aside, Terminator: Resistance looked fine. Having said that i wouldn't pay 60 euros for it, but around 30 euros or so is fine for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom