Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RoboCop: Rogue City - new game from Terminator: Resistance devs

Fargus

Arcane
I hear there's plans for an Escape from New York game as Snake Plissken. I liked that movie so, that could be pretty good imho.

Soldier wouldn't be too bad either.

I'd rather have Dredd 2012 game.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Dredd was fantastic but it was basically The Raid.

*Why save that fucking rat btw?

Wasn't there a dredd game already?
Oh nvm its old

And Jydge is just another twinstick hotline miami type game. Yeah, ok Dredd would probably rock but so might yet another Evil
dead franchise game, Predator, and maybe Universal Soldier.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Either way, we win. I need to build a new living room PC to play Robocop the way it was meant to be played (on a couch, with my home theater A/V system), and if we got a EFNY or JD game in the meantime? Thank’em

Fargus

Arcane
Wasn't there a dredd game already?
Oh nvm its old

I think i remember playing it years ago and it was really bad. I bought into meme videos where the players condemned random bystanders to an eternity in iso-cube for some dumb reasons like being fat. But that was literally the only good thing about the game. I'm not really into the comic book universe version of Dredd where he kills vampires, zombies and apocalyptic evil judges from parallel universe. I would rather have it more grounded like 2012 version. And definitely not Stallone circus.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Just finished the game and had a great time. Didn't expect it at all since I wasn't impressed by the Terminator game, but I had a lot of fun with this one. They absolutely nailed the Robocop feeling. I thought relying mostly a single gun would get old fast, but shooting creeps kept me entertained throughout the game. I also liked the police sections, the pacing was mostly well done.
I hope they don't go for larger open world with the next title. Small hubs coupled with linear levels is perfectly fine, and much better than bloated open world garbage that wastes my time with filler content.

lightbane

Arcane
Finished. The game needs more enemy types, as human enemies are clearly not enough to stop Robo, but that's part of the setting, heh (except for hordes of mercs, these guys are tougher than early game Robocop!). The story drags on during the middle, but the final hour is quite impressive, if janky.
I also have some questions about the ending:

The Afterlife project is rushed and was not really a secret, so why did Anton pretend Old Man was dead when he was still following his orders until then? Did he want to take over Delta City for himself? It seems so.
There were pics of a different robot in the secret lab that's not related to Robocop 2, but Oldie is still put in the Robocop 2's body anyway. Was that because he rushed the project due lacking time, or was he sabotaged by that asshole corpo guy with a tie that no-one likes?
Also, did you notice that many of the corpses during the final level resemble that guy? Talk about recycling models, kek.

Shame no enemy tries to surrender, exceot those that the prison. Does having a good public opinion change anything of the ending? Because it seems the ending is related to what you do with the secondary cast. Does improving Psychology to the max change anything?
I didn't like neither of the mayoral candidates, but I still got John, the OCP guy, as the winner, somehow.

It's a shame Robo can't throw grenades, not even flashbang ones. His gear is quite limited, but fitting for being a souped up cop.

lightbane

Arcane
It can be modded already, yep.

https://www.nexusmods.com/robocoproguecity

Not many mods though, except the CheatEngine code that lets you walk faster, a must for Robocop, unless you enjoy the slow movement as part of the experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom