Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RoboCop: Rogue City - new game from Terminator: Resistance devs

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The shooting is fun, but unfortunately there's a lot of not shooting in the game.

Yeah, especially RoboCop can use some arcade shooter sections, with points and stuff, just to evaluate Murphy further. In game parts where we race with SWAT and ED 209, they already got a counter there and in the shooting range.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some people whine about the stuff in between shooting segments being "boring", but those parts are nesseceary to properly set the mood and let the game's comedic/satirical nature fully shine. Almost every sidequest and every bloody dialogue in this game has a comedic undertone to it.
Exactly this. It's done so well (within budget limitations, but still) I'd like to kiss the writers (and translators, I assume) for pulling it off.

If you are looking for adrenaline pumping gameplay to make you sweat like you're playing Doom Eternal for the first time, this ain't the game for you.

It is, again, a game faithful to the source material, and while many have apparently forgotten that RoboCop wasn't just slowly walking around massacring the poor criminals nonstop, the devs have not forgotten and the game includes that part of the police procedure.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So is this actually good or is really nostalgia speaking?
Without nostalgia factor it'd be closer to 7/10. That is, fine, but not great. Kinda similar quality to Spiders games (Technomancer etc.)
Unlike Spiders though, who don't learn anything between their games, these guys are clearly progressing between the Rambo-Terminator-Robocop.
If they keep the pace, after a release or two their games would be easily able to stand their ground without any retro nostalgia factor. And they are clearly leaning towards RPGs and immersive sims.

Last edited:

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Oh right I forgot that walking around for 45 minutes at 0.000001 kph writing parking tickets was actually genius and the mood could not be set without that.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Oh right I forgot that walking around for 45 minutes at 0.000001 kph writing parking tickets was actually genius and the mood could not be set without that.
That is a 5 minute optional quest you do while exploring or doing other stuff in the hub. If anything, it is original and feels nice. Among other low profile police stuff it does add to the immersion and nostalgia.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
5 minutes? It takes longer than that to clunk down one of the many sidewalks / alleyways and there are, as I recall, 3 occasions where you are expected to meander around the very same neighborhood doing similar uninteresting tasks. Are you insane??

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I had high hopes for this and was excited. My impressions so far:

The good:
  • This nails exactly the experience of being robocop. Not the comic book Robocop, or the flying Robocop 3 version, but the janky, slow-as-a-tank, 1980s Robocop.
  • Environmental destruction looks awesome and makes the combat more fun than it actually is.
The OK:
  • The graphics are superficially good, in the way that anything done in Unreal 5 looks good. It mostly seems very 1980s and replicates the look of the film well-enough, although, I think they could have gone way further in evoking the 1980s if they had a bigger budget. Most stuff feels kind of generic, like it's a bunch of purchased assets or was designed by AI. I want 80s music and hair and shit like that, but the environments tend not to have much personality.
The bad:
  • This nails exactly the experience of being robocop. Not the comic book Robocop, or the flying Robocop 3 version, but the janky, slow-as-a-tank, 1980s Robocop.
  • If you look at anything for longer than 2 seconds, the jank hits you. Awkward animations, terrible character models, mouths that don't match dialog, and everything clipping everywhere.
  • The writing is horrible. It tries to have the satirical edge of the movie, but nothing connects and all the character stuff with robo remembering his past is just boring and lame as we already saw it done better in the movie.
  • This shit feels exactly like a PS2 era FPS.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Juan, please do us all a favor and post these exact thoughts on the game in SumDrunkGuy's thread. You know, for the entertainment factor.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
also, what's next?

Lethal Weapon or a Jackie Chan game?

Big Trouble in Little China RPG

MV5BNzlhYjEzOGItN2MwNS00ODRiLWE5OTItYThiNmJlMTdmMzgxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Apparently this game exists lol

actually has items lol

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I think Jack Burton is level 1 actually. Wang, who is really not a sidekick but the main character, was doing all the heavy lifting.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1681430/view/3972804940372291728

New Game+ & more!
Dive into our new major update

Greetings citizens!
We're glad to not only announce, but also launch a new major update for RoboCop: Rogue City!

New Game Plus is here.

fb203c60951a5a3527c733d9727c2dcf7cde0cc9.jpg

Re-live the journey with all of your previously unlocked skills and Auto-9 upgrades, for the full "invincible robotic law enforcement officer" experience.

To unlock the mode, just finish the game after the update is applied — this can be done by reloading a save made just before completing the game. Once done, a new save file will be created, and loading it will grant you access to NG+!

614d6b5294f3e3f7c0ce0e150a1d60709c13a321.png

Alongside, a new Golden Auto-9 skin will be unlocked as soon as you beat the game.

But wait, there's more!

6cc631076ab282360616e62de3a894685aeac356.jpg

Coming along NG+ is a new difficulty level, making enemies deadlier.
If you're up for a challenge, time to try the "There Will be Trouble" difficulty!

Changelog:
  • Added a New Game Plus mode
  • Added a new difficulty: "There Will be Trouble"
  • Added a new unlockable Golden Auto-9 skin, available once NG+ is available
  • Added more Auto-9 Chips and Boards
  • Fixed the shooting mode not properly resetting when exiting interiors
  • Fixed RoboCop's right hand disappearing when grabbing a human enemy while
    unaliving
    them
  • Fixed the Stolen Vehicle investigation being skipped if Ben immediately opened the locker

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Finished the game. First part of the game was a 9/10, second part was a 6.5/10. The story started dragging and never paid off. The humor was amazing all throughout https://streamable.com/cnwrl0 I dont think I've played a funnier game in years. Combat was simple but fun, I liked throwing people around.

Biggest negative was the shitty checkpoint/save system. Not only were the load points terrible they'd commonly bug out quests even if you had already completed them..

I'd recommend it :positive:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I hear there's plans for an Escape from New York game as Snake Plissken. I liked that movie so, that could be pretty good imho.

Soldier wouldn't be too bad either.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
I hear there's plans for an Escape from New York game as Snake Plissken. I liked that movie so, that could be pretty good imho.

Soldier wouldn't be too bad either.
Where’d you hear that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom