Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RoboCop: Rogue City - new game from Terminator: Resistance devs

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
dredd3.png

dredd5.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Judge Dredd game would be drokking fantastic. Only problem is, the Dredd IP and 2000AD is owned by Rebellion and they just sit on their asses churning out that Sniper Elite crap and ignoring everything in their 2000AD catalog. I mean shit, imagine Nemesis The Warlock scifi-action RPG or something...

:negative:

Have you played this game?
You should try it out, but beware, it's almost an Arcade-like shooter.
Still pretty fun if you like Judge Dredd, just nothing groundbreaking.

I'm aware of it, but have never played it actually. Arcade style is by no means a negative in my book with FPS games of that period.

Still, that game in now 20 years old and other than that Rebellion has only made some shitty Dredd game for smart phones, yuck. To be fair, they almost went bankrupt in 2009 after several failed games, so I guess it's no wonder that they just keep milking their only succesful title Sniper Elite now. Still, it's such a wasted potential, maybe, considering current year they'd probably fuck up Dredd anyway.
Yes, I would like to see Judge Dredd pull a George Floyd on perpetrators, but that would be problematic.
Dying on drug overdose while getting arrested seems bit offbrand for Dredd.

I'm sure what my mate Necro meant was more along these lines:

JD.jpg
Holy fuck.
Welcome to 'dex.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
Eurogamer reviewer angry that Robocop isn't virtual signalling and screaming ACAB during the game. Reviewers seems angry as well that there's no SJW shit in the game
Literally the only thing "reviewers" could say that might make me consider a purchase.
It's really really missing a gib system, something like what Soldiers Of Fortune had would have been perfect
Uh, it's Detroit, there's plenty of gibs.

9ted6

Educated
I didn't like Terminator Resistance
what's wrong with it?
tempted to play it now
I thought it was good at first but it gets monotonous. The levels start to blend together and there's little point in exploration. It also becomes a lot less tense once you get plasma weapons given how shit the AI is, you can clear whole maps of Terminators easily.

DemonKing

Arcane
Played a bit on the weekend and the jank is high with this one. For an Unreal 5 game the character models look like they're from the 360/PS3 era. The gunplay reminds me a bit of the old Dredd vs Death game from the 2000s as the AI is incredibly retarded. After the first level or so every enemy seems to feel the need to spam nades to the extent they're literally taking themselves out half the time.

What it does get right is the replication of Detroit from the original movie with pretty decent environmental art, and an ancient Peter Weller does a good job voice acting the titular role. The other voice acting ranges from ok to horrid. The metacritic rating of c.7/10 seems pretty spot on for once. A faithful adaptation/extension of the movie but with pretty ordinary gameplay.

Played it some last night, it's alright. Probably the best one can hope for in today's hellscape - Robocop looks good, Lewis is accurate (she even chews gum)... I think there should be more gore, though, it's pretty subdued. Soldier of Fortune did it better.

It kind of runs badly on my 3070 though, I didn't bother to fiddle with the settings. As it's an UE5 game there's probably some raytracing turned on by default on high. I can only get 60+ fps on 1440p if I use DLSS.

DemonKing

Arcane
It kind of runs badly on my 3070 though, I didn't bother to fiddle with the settings. As it's an UE5 game there's probably some raytracing turned on by default on high. I can only get 60+ fps on 1440p if I use DLSS.
That's odd - I just upgraded to a 4070 but using a bigger ultrawide screen (3440 x 1440) and was getting 130+ FPS with everything turned up to max and DLSS set to Quality.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
There's a bunch of PCBs that force you to take penalties if you activate the special nodes. Whats up with that?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm having a blast with this game.
The shooting, the atmosphere, the humor, the references, they nailed all of it.

Obviously not a AAA game with AAA character models, but, eh, they work well enough.
And RoboCop has the juiciest of lips, somehow :lol:

Honestly, if you are not enjoying this game, you are probably dead inside - or don't like RoboCop, which is fair enough I guess.

I think there should be more gore, though, it's pretty subdued. Soldier of Fortune did it better.
Subdued?
I'm shooting heads and limbs off left and right.

Though to be fair, there are so many effects going on that you can't really see it happening until afterwards.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My biggest criticism of the game would be the price point (a theme nowadays, isn't it?).

It is a 15 hour game (maybe 20 if you really want to soak all of it in), which makes the original asking price a bit high IMO.
Then again, supporting a dev that first managed to NOT mess up a Terminator game and then to NOT mess up a RoboCop game in this year of 2023 might be worth it, either way...

lightbane

Arcane
Can you drive your police car around? Are there driving sections? I doubt the game had the budget for it, but a driving shootout with some perps in your vehicle would fit for Robocop.

Star Citizen

Learned
Shit seemed faithful af to the source material to me from the demo, can't wait till I have some cash to waste to try it properly.

Zlaja

Arcane
Vote Mills for Mayor! If Kuzak was so great old Detroit wouldn't be a total shithole.

Also, Mills has good hair and likes Robocop, while Mayor Kuzak has shit hair and is anti-OCP. And what's with a black guy called 'Kuzak', anyway? Do the right thing, citizen!

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron

Honestly, watch that video and tell me there's not enough violence in the game.
I have no clue wtf people complaining about a lack of gore were expecting the game to do here? Every shot an explosion of giblets that you could form three new bodies from? :lol:

I guess the shooting off of limbs could be more consistent? But then it'd kinda look like you're shooting crash test dummies ejecting their limbs on trigger.

"It doesn't rape the source material. 10/10"
Kill yourselves, retards.
No one is saying its a 10/10, its popamole where you feel like robocop/10, you take from it what you want.
Exactly!
And that's what it should be.
Not yet another cover shooter with wait-behind-cover/10 gameplay, not another retro FPS (I like those, but that's not RoboCop), not another Doom 2016 wannabe.
RoboCop is a slow ass tank on legs slinging socially awkward one-liners and the game captures that.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom