Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2020 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This voting system is shit. It's not Codex member exclusive and prone to being manipulated.
It's utterly retarded. It'd be better not doing a GOTY vote at all instead of like this.
Yes,it is very entertaining thread :lol:

If you want for codex only vote,here:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/codex-goty-2020-not-the-official-codex-goty.136400/

felipepepe lawless lands is pretty good RPG,i would recommend it to people to try it out.

Efe

Erudite
Poll worked without a problem
didnt play majority of games on list though
:negative:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Tags: GOTY 2020

Ladies and gentlemen, once again it is time!

The voting for the RPG Codex's 2020 GOTY poll is now open: VOTE HERE

It goes without saying that 2020 wasn't the best of years, but we still got a decent offering in titles like Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk, Troubleshooters and Horizon's Gate. Is up to you to help sort them out and figure what's worthy of a closer look. Since we barely had any DLC/Expansion this year besides Outer Worlds and Borderlands, we'll skip the category this year - we'll just rate the year's best RPGs and the best ports/remasters.

The poll is long, with over 70 games, but just scroll past all the games you didn't play and focus on the ones you did.

I'll run the poll for 1 week, until Jan 17, at 12:00 JST. Results should come out a few days later.

Cheers!

What a garbage list, even RPGWatch wouldn't have dared to include half that shit.
This list features
  • JRPG/VN
  • VN/action/walking simulators
  • VN
  • Retarded Tactical games
  • Tactical games
  • JRPG

There's only one RPG, Wasteland 3 but didn't rate it as i didn't play it.

Thanks for nothing, we should have stick with the unofficial one, time to retire?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Tags: GOTY 2020

Ladies and gentlemen, once again it is time!

The voting for the RPG Codex's 2020 GOTY poll is now open: VOTE HERE

It goes without saying that 2020 wasn't the best of years, but we still got a decent offering in titles like Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk, Troubleshooters and Horizon's Gate. Is up to you to help sort them out and figure what's worthy of a closer look. Since we barely had any DLC/Expansion this year besides Outer Worlds and Borderlands, we'll skip the category this year - we'll just rate the year's best RPGs and the best ports/remasters.

The poll is long, with over 70 games, but just scroll past all the games you didn't play and focus on the ones you did.

I'll run the poll for 1 week, until Jan 17, at 12:00 JST. Results should come out a few days later.

Cheers!

What a garbage list, even RPGWatch wouldn't have dared to include half that shit.
This list features
  • JRPG/VN
  • VN/action/walking simulators
  • VN
  • Retarded Tactical games
  • Tactical games
  • JRPG

There's only one RPG, Wasteland 3 but didn't rate it as i didn't play it.

Thanks for nothing, we should have stick with the unofficial one, time to retire?
For the last two years i have seen you shit and bitch about games constantly......but i don't remember you liking any RPGs. Sooo what did you like that was made in the last two years? Also the argument "muh 2020 and the list are shit because i haven't played any games made this year" is retarded lol. If you people have stopped playing games,then why the fuck are spamming your shit in here? Go join reeera and talk about politics or something,or even ask the admins to restrict you only to the political subforum.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Where's Fates of Ort? :decline:
SteamSpy shows 1843 games with "RPG" tag were released in 2020. Sorry, but I can't possibly list all of them.

I sympathize, but it's not the greatest look when you have Marvel's Avengers on your poll but not some isometric RPG. It doesn't cost money to add games to this...
:whatho:
Who the fuck are you what did you do with our reptilian jew friendo?!?!?!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
SteamSpy shows 1843 games with "RPG" tag were released in 2020. Sorry, but I can't possibly list all of them.

I sympathize, but it's not the greatest look when you have Marvel's Avengers on your poll but not some isometric RPG. It doesn't cost money to add games to this...
You don't get it, even if it sucks Marvel's Avengers was one of the biggest games of the year. Fates of Ort is one of dozens of tiny isometric RPGs with a handful of reviews on Steam. If I start adding those AND obscure Ultima-clones AND every game made by someone from the Codex, that poll would easily list hundreds of games and be unusable.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You don't get it, even if it sucks Marvel's Avengers was one of the biggest games of the year. Fates of Ort is one of dozens of tiny isometric RPGs with a handful of reviews on Steam. If I start adding those AND obscure Ultima-clones AND every game made by someone from the Codex, that poll would easily go over hundreds of games and be unusable.
Ahhhh but this the codex not gaymermagazine or what ever journo name they have! Nobody cares about marvel garbage but a lot of people could be interested in some indi rpgs.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You don't get it, even if it sucks Marvel's Avengers was one of the biggest games of the year. Fates of Ort is one of dozens of tiny isometric RPGs with a handful of reviews on Steam. If I start adding those AND obscure Ultima-clones AND every game made by someone from the Codex, that poll would easily list hundreds of games and be unusable.

I agree that you shouldn't try to exhaustively add every RPG to the poll. But if somebody found it noteworthy enough to suggest adding it, maybe that's a good enough criteria.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Ahhhh but this the codex not gaymermagazine or what ever journo name they have! Nobody cares about marvel garbage but a lot of people could be interested in some indi rpgs.
Your GOTY poll had 22 games, and I've added all of them here. Also added all the games that were requested in that thread during the entire month, except for Ori.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Your GOTY poll had 22 games, and I've added all of them here. Also added all the games that were requested in the thread, except for Ori.
:deathclaw:
Ahhh what is your point? I was arguing your rational and not your decision,it is your poll you add what ever you like. It is not a dick measuring contest in me book,i do my poll because i enjoy it and i do enjoy games. I do it so i or other people could find some good game that was missed,like this year's troubleshooter.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I mean, at the very least, there's a fairly comprehensive list compiled by Abu Antar that could be used as a base.
Ahhh it is a good list,but it does lack a quality control. You can't just put any shit in a goty list because it will become cluttered mess,a bit of moderation is needed.
Exactly. And even that huge list is not as comprehensive as it seems... again, SteamSpy shows over 1800 RPGs this year, and there's still games outside Steam, like Genshin Impact and Mortal Shell.

There's no perfect way of doing this, it will always be based on the standards of the person running the poll.

Mortmal

Arcane
Not so bad year , wastelands 3 was excellent if ending was heavily bugged , ACS deepest game ever, and of course codex GOTY CP 2077 .

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I mean, at the very least, there's a fairly comprehensive list compiled by Abu Antar that could be used as a base.
Ahhh it is a good list,but it does lack a quality control. You can't just put any shit in a goty list because it will become cluttered mess,a bit of moderation is needed.
Exactly. And even that huge list is not as comprehensive as it seems... again, SteamSpy shows over 1800 RPGs this year, and there's still games outside Steam, like Genshin Impact and Mortal Shell.

There's no perfect way of doing this, it will always be based on the standards of the person running the poll.
Ahhh there is a nearly perfect way to do it,but you will still need an access to a lot of data and waste like a week doing it. It is not like there is a well organized and centralized data space/file that has all the RPGs released in X year. On top of that there is a lot of shovelware garbage because of steam and many rpgs that don't even list themself as rpgs and such. And there is the problem of "what is an RPG?".

Last edited:

index.php

Arcane
docs.google.com
ZQ3OKYO.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom