Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2021: Results & Cool Graphs

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
its the old rpg as well

Humbaba

Arcane
No man. Just no. There is a lot more than that. Its not just gays and lesbians, that stupid fox/anime girl alone made want to stop playing. I cba to go all over this again but there is a whole thread about this if you are interested.

What is he on about? Nenio is not an anime girl. Last time I checked anime wasn't considered woke either.

I've seen the cringefinder thread. Replied to it even I think. It's a wholly unconvincing collection of cherry picked, extremely minor and mostly optional bits of dialogue.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are plenty of legit complaints to make about Wrath, such as the abysmal trash combat encounter spam, how many classes are still bugged months after release, the generally boring writing, or how uneven the mythic paths are (both content and character building wise), but the wokeness complaints are really overstated.

In 99% of cases you really have to interrogate NPCs for them to tell you their life stories. In many cases the "offending" stories are gated behind difficult skill checks. It isn't like Siege of Dragonspear at release where troons rush you with their life story when you ask them their name, or your companions make GamerGate jokes.

A lot of the woke bitching about WOTR reminds me of RetardEra. They do the exact same thing, scanning every inch of a game for something to offend them.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
There are plenty of legit complaints to make about Wrath, such as the abysmal trash combat encounter spam, how many classes are still bugged months after release, the generally boring writing, or how uneven the mythic paths are (both content and character building wise), but the wokeness complaints are really overstated.
Yeah.

I don't mind that Wrath lost to Archolos (even if I disagree), but I do dislike that wrath lost to kingmaker. Because I think the mythic paths and the narrative and mechanical c&c that comes with them is great and really elevates the experience. There are certainly things kingmaker did better, but still, it's a shame.
the result is = codexers dont play games that much
With wrath being a 100hour+ game, and Archolos being a 100+ hour game... how are we supposed to have time for 50 other rpgs?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Wrath comparatively more bug-prone compared to Kingmaker? Even if you account for increased complexity and such?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Wrath comparatively more bug-prone compared to Kingmaker? Even if you account for increased complexity and such?

It had less game breakers at release (at least on certain mythic paths), to the point I actually managed to complete it shortly after release. With KM I had to wait a couple of months to do a full playthrough.

That said, it has (or had) way more mechanical bugs than KM ever did. Things like classes and archetypes not working correctly, some being plain broken.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
The Mount System and Charge action were broken and Blood Kineticist didn't even worked at all, at least for a least 1 to 2 months lmao.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Any plans to track down the brainlets who voted D:OS 2 as one of the best RPGs of recent years and force them to actually play that piece of shit past Fort Joy? Or at least name and shame them if they ever whine about a MSM reviewer not actually playing the game?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Any plans to track down the brainlets who voted D:OS 2 as one of the best RPGs of recent years and force them to actually play that piece of shit past Fort Joy? Or at least name and shame them if they ever whine about a MSM reviewer not actually playing the game?
you make assumption that codexers dropped the game after fort joy. Im aware of only Darth Roxor not completing 2nd island

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
you make assumption that codexers dropped the game after fort joy. Im aware of only Darth Roxor not completing 2nd island
I couldn't even make myself complete fort joy...

NoMoneyNoFameNoDame

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Patron
TY for this!

It's very motivating on many levels to see!

I hope to be around for the next one.

redacted.

Drowed

Arcane
I had expectations that Encased would be a flop, but damn, not that bad. This is sad, another game for the "had potential until you played more than 20% of the game" list.

EDIT:

Oh, I kind of finished the game twice. Sucks to be me, I guess. But yeah, combat is a downgrade from DOS1, it's bad. Still, if you like Larian's humor and setting (something rare in the Codex) and find it fun to exploit the AI and game mechanics to win battles in 1 turn, it is possible to have fun with the game. It is less an RPG and more a barrel-exploding simulator.

Last edited:

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had expectations that Encased would be a flop, but damn, not that bad. This is sad, another game for the "had potential until you played more than 20% of the game" list.

EDIT:

Oh, I kind of finished the game twice. Sucks to be me, I guess. But yeah, combat is a downgrade from DOS1, it's bad. Still, if you like Larian's humor and setting (something rare in the Codex) and find it fun to exploit the AI and game mechanics to win battles in 1 turn, it is possible to have fun with the game. It is less an RPG and more a barrel-exploding simulator.
I liked the game in Fort Joy. It wasn't perfect but decent enough to have fun, but afterwards it went downwards instantly. Couldn't enjoy the game anymore and dropped it.

And I played DOS 4 times (two only Cyseal, but still).

Hopefully BG3 will be as fun as first DOS at least, not second.. I kinda suspect that the first area (in the alpha) will be well done and fun, while the rest not. We'll see though.

Outmind

Augur
Half the number of voters that we've been getting the past few years. Maybe half our usual crowd didn't care about this year's games and maybe a good chunk of them gave up when they saw that bloated list. Four games got 0 votes period and over 50 got a single digit number of votes. Like I said a while ago, the list of games should be restricted to those that have had a thread with multiple pages worth of discussion. A goty poll is not the time or place for "exposure" for a bunch of RPGs no one gave a damn about for most of a year.

Anyway congratulations to the Archolos fans for successfully downvoting Wrathfinder into second place. :lol: And RIP Encased for screwing up a Fallout clone for the Codex of all places.

Yeah, that was me. I saw the list, thought "what are all these no-name RPGs, I just wanna vote for WOTR" and noped out.

Mortmal

Arcane
I'm happy to see Solasta prominent on the chart. Very charming and honest true computer roleplaying game.
There's no such thing as prominence, it's amongst the most played , but satisfaction rate is not so high. If there's a winner with a reasonable amount of people who plays it and high satisfaction rate its atom tudograd or chronicle of myrtana winning .

V_K

Arcane
I'm happy to see Solasta prominent on the chart. Very charming and honest true computer roleplaying game.
There's no such thing as prominence, it's amongst the most played , but satisfaction rate is not so high.
You have to take into account that the horizontal axis starts at 50% though. So the satisfaction rate (=% of positive votes) for Solasta is a respectable 73.5%.

Last edited:

Sandor

Novice
Half the number of voters that we've been getting the past few years. Maybe half our usual crowd didn't care about this year's games and maybe a good chunk of them gave up when they saw that bloated list. Four games got 0 votes period and over 50 got a single digit number of votes. Like I said a while ago, the list of games should be restricted to those that have had a thread with multiple pages worth of discussion. A goty poll is not the time or place for "exposure" for a bunch of RPGs no one gave a damn about for most of a year.

Anyway congratulations to the Archolos fans for successfully downvoting Wrathfinder into second place. :lol: And RIP Encased for screwing up a Fallout clone for the Codex of all places.

How does Encased not meet up to quality standards? It' setting and options seem way more interesting then another mundane post apoc barren empty world like Atom RPG Trudeaudrad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom