Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone at Digital Dragons 2016

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Seriously though how can you have an actual YT channel with 600 videos about RPGs, call yourself an RPG enthusiast and feel it's ok to not have played the two consensus best games in the genre (and I don't mean KKK either, pretty much everyone anywhere ranks those two at least among the best if not THE best).

Fallout 1 and 2 have gone totally out of fashion since Bethesda took over the franchise.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Seriously though how can you have an actual YT channel with 600 videos about RPGs, call yourself an RPG enthusiast and feel it's ok to not have played the two consensus best games in the genre (and I don't mean KKK either, pretty much everyone anywhere ranks those two at least among the best if not THE best).

Fallout 1 and 2 have gone totally out of fashion since Bethesda took over the franchise.
Who wants to play those old things?

Deleted Member 16721

I love playing old games, just haven't gotten to Fallout or PS:T yet.

And how do I have 600+ YouTube videos all RPG-related without having played those 2 games? Silly question. There are other RPGs, tons of them that one can play to become an RPG enthusiast.

I can only picture 20 years from now, on some virtual reality RPG site, people saying, "What, you haven't played Skyrim or Dragon Age: Inquistion? Your opinion is invalid!" Etc. :D

Starym

Educated
Actually 20 years from now the people who think Skyrim and DA:I are masterpieces will have all died, the DA:I ones probably suicide because someone insulted their week old new gender definition of themselves and the Skyrim ones because they went on a hike in the real world and wanted to reach that mountain over there because you CAN actually climb it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Console games are not real RPG, don't kid yourself

Come on, now. This is just silly. You must either be joking or looking for a reaction, right? :)

It's clear to anyone who's played enough console RPGs throughout the years that even if many of them are Japanese in origin, they share many similarities with other computer RPGs. They are, in fact, "real RPGs".

Not to mention that many PC RPGs got ported to console over the years, many of which I've played.

Maybe there is some "Codex Consensus" that console RPGs aren't real RPGs, but I'm sure the majority of gamers would clearly disagree with that.

I really don't care to even discuss what makes up a "real RPG" because so many RPGs are different with entirely different philosophies and designs, yet still scratch the RPG itch.

I consider Final Fantasy to be just as "real RPG" as Elminage Gothic which is just as "real RPG" as Wizardry 1 which is just as "real RPG" as Baldur's Gate, etc. etc.

Different design philosophies, different games, different ideas. All RPGs.
Don't waste your breath, as his tag says, Archangel is possibly retarded. What did you expect from him? Saying something like "console games are not real RPG" just make this more obvious.
Oh look a Cuck has made his appearance LOL. You deserve that for defending consoles.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
ArchAngel is ok. Even if he IS a rpgwatch-tard.
Hey, I moved from watch to here and this is now my main visiting place. Or better to say that I moved from Obsidian boards to here so I could bash PoE with people that agree with me :D
Your successful re-education proves that you're a learning animal and probably not retarded, so I lifted the tag and gave it to somebody more worthy (balance in all things).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, I moved from watch to here and this is now my main visiting place. Or better to say that I moved from Obsidian boards to here so I could bash PoE with people that agree with me :D
Your successful re-education proves that you're a learning animal and probably not retarded, so I lifted the tag and gave it to somebody more worthy (balance in all things).
:salute: A fine deed.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

So you're saying you came here to be part of an echo chamber of like minded people who only agree with you..?

cause.. we have a tag for that too.. :smug:

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

So you're saying you came here to be part of an echo chamber of like minded people who only agree with you..?

cause.. we have a tag for that too.. :smug:
Well I lurked it for that and funny banter on the boards that I have seen nowhere else. I joined to troll Hiver because he was only one that got on my nerves. After he put me on ignore after 1 week and later disappeared I continued mostly with PoE but my post count shows I am engaged all over now :D

JustMyOnion

Educated
Console games are not real RPG, don't kid yourself

Come on, now. This is just silly. You must either be joking or looking for a reaction, right? :)

It's clear to anyone who's played enough console RPGs throughout the years that even if many of them are Japanese in origin, they share many similarities with other computer RPGs.
The main focus for console RPGs was to work on a device that has approx. 3.5 buttons and no precision input. The main focus for computer RPGs was to be good games.
It's like comparing a prosthetic arm with a real one.

Deleted Member 16721

Well, that's a unique argument. Completely meaningless to me, but unique. :)

I mean, the input device really has no bearing on my enjoyment of an RPG nor is it indicative of quality or any other aspect of an RPG. It's just an input device.

Not to mention the countless console ports of PC RPGs and vice versa.

The big consoles are no longer my preferred choice for RPG gaming. I like the overall options the PC platform gives with Kickstarter games, indie devs, etc. I also have played most of my recent RPGs on my Android tablet.

Mobile consoles like the Nintendo DS, 3DS, PSP, PS Vita, etc., have incredible RPGs as well. I've played many of them.

Deleted Member 16721

By the way, it isn't a good look for this forum to have a tag that says "Possibly Retarded" since "retarded" is offensive and 99% of civilized human beings stopped using the word around the end of 6th grade.

Space Insect

Arcane
By the way, it isn't a good look for this forum to have a tag that says "Possibly Retarded" since "retarded" is offensive and 99% of civilized human beings stopped using the word around the end of 6th grade.
:possiblyretarded:

animlboogy

Learned
How long is this guy going to make this Chris Avellone news thread about him and his generic opinions on RPGs and this forum?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You have the facts to back that up? Sounds like your opinion yet again.

You retard.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Yes. Its a strong word. I prefer "Possibly Mentally Challenged".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom