Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: STASIS, 2D Isometric Adventure Game Now on Kickstarter

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
A research ship then. ;)

If you watch the intro, you will see that it doesn't actually have any form of propulsion, but is being towed by a smaller 'tug'.
The history of The Groomlake is that it was a mining 'ship' similar to an oil rig in space, called 'The Tower'. Cayne Corporation bought it and converted it into the facility you see today.

I have PAGES of stuff written about the world, from the history of Henry Cayne, to exactly what happened to force medical research into deep space.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Love the Alien vibe of the trailer; the Alpha looks decent, and the fact that it's easy and straightforward probably isn't bad for publicity/interest gathering purposes. Will back after payday. Good luck! :salute:

Murk

Arcane
A research ship then. ;)

If you watch the intro, you will see that it doesn't actually have any form of propulsion, but is being towed by a smaller 'tug'.
The history of The Groomlake is that it was a mining 'ship' similar to an oil rig in space, called 'The Tower'. Cayne Corporation bought it and converted it into the facility you see today.

I have PAGES of stuff written about the world, from the history of Henry Cayne, to exactly what happened to force medical research into deep space.

Sickness. Any chance we can see any of this background info/lore stuff?

Apexeon

Arcane
This game looks amazing for the work of just one guy. Going to try out the demo alpha and then seriously consider backing!

One dude is working on it.
Backed.
Teams are overrated.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Sickness. Any chance we can see any of this background info/lore stuff?

All of the lore will be woven into the story in one way or another. An example is the BioMe labs that are features in the demo...there is an entire history of competition between Cayne Corp and the BioMe labs that comes out later on in the game. The stuff that isn't in the game will be present in the 'hint book' that comes along at the $39 tier. Its a combined Art book, game guide, and history of the world, with extended explanations for all the companies and characters that appear in the story!

I have also written a prequel of sorts for STASIS that goes into even more detail on the world...but that will be a while off!

oljebox

Educated
I've been waiting to donate to this project for a long time.

Good luck, boet!

P.S. Since I live in South Africa, are there any alternatives for donating to the project? Like, I don't know, a deposit or bank transfer? Seems like a waste to give a % to Kickstarter and Amazon if I don't have to.

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been waiting to donate to this project for a long time.

Good luck, boet!

P.S. Since I live in South Africa, are there any alternatives for donating to the project? Like, I don't know, a deposit or bank transfer? Seems like a waste to give a % to Kickstarter and Amazon if I don't have to.
Are you a bank manager from Nigeria. :hmmm:

oljebox

Educated

:smug:

I have a large inheritance sum, which the corrupt banks will not release to me. Instead of having it go to waste, I'd rather donate it to a worthy project. If Chris could just provide his bank account number, proof of identification, and a few other small details, I'd be happy to help him complete his $100 000 goal.

Paypal works, I guess. :mhd:

Can't remember the last time I thought about Crusader No Remorse until it was mentioned in the update. I played that for a whole summer. Wonder how it holds up. Probably not well. Anyone played it recently?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
This will succeed! :dance:
Yeah! It already looked on pace to make it after two days, but more like "it'll be close". After this nice day 3 bump, it should easily make it and maybe some stretch goals.

Very cool. Happy 'bout dis.

:smug:

I have a large inheritance sum, which the corrupt banks will not release to me. Instead of having it go to waste, I'd rather donate it to a worthy project. If Chris could just provide his bank account number, proof of identification, and a few other small details, I'd be happy to help him complete his $100 000 goal.

Paypal works, I guess. :mhd:

Can't remember the last time I thought about Crusader No Remorse until it was mentioned in the update. I played that for a whole summer. Wonder how it holds up. Probably not well. Anyone played it recently?

You will be in for a nasty surprise if you try to transfer a large sum of money over PayPal at once.

oljebox

Educated
This will succeed! :dance:
It already looked on pace to make it after two days, but more like "it'll be close". After this nice day 3 bump, it should easily make it and maybe some stretch goals.

Don't jinx it!

You will be in for a nasty surprise if you try to transfer a large sum of money over PayPal at once.

Hence the penoctopus. They'll be waiting a while for the funds to be released if the sum in the account is too high and/or comes from too many sources. 6 months minimum. Still, I suppose it's as good an option as any for mass international transactions. I'd rather give them my money directly, but if PayPal's the only other option, I guess I'll have to make use of it. :rpgcodex:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Thats why we are only going to go for the paypal option if the KS Campaign finishes.
I have heard some horror stories of people running thing on Indie Go Go, having promised people that they will complete the project, and then having PayPal withhold the money needed to complete the project until the project is completed.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
I haven't played Dark Seed 2, but I have seen screenshots. I have quite a few GIGER prints in my place, so recognise most of the images from there!

I have released a Mac build of the game, but I am having issues with everything except for OSX 10.9. Some people are reporting crashes, others aren't (on the other OSX's), so I'm still trying to sift through and find the common denominator.

Chaotic, I don't have any info on the Gamers Gate bundles, but if they are selling anything STASIS related...well..they shouldn't be! Do you have a link for me to check out?

Chaotic, I don't have any info on the Gamers Gate bundles, but if they are selling anything STASIS related...well..they shouldn't be! Do you have a link for me to check out?

Pyke: Shitposter_Heretic is a dumbfuck, he's confusing your game with another one (probably Heroes of a Broken Land), just put him in your ignore list.

Pyke, largely what Cosmic said. Although its more due to perception fail due to being drunk...rather than deliberate shitposting.
Yeah I meant Heroes of a broken Land. I will ask this in the relevant thread.

Oh and I REALLY love your work. Simply beautiful artwork you got for your adventure. And Sorry for the false Alarm.

EDIT: And Cosmonaut, There are more people ignoring you than me. So that makes you more of a shitposter. Still butthurt over gift thread shenanigans?

Last edited:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Today's Stasis Update:
  • Mark Morgan composing the Stasis Soundtrack
  • BETA Access at $59
  • Mac OSX Support Deluxe
  • Special Edition physical box design at $99
  • Exclusive Stasis wallpaper for all backers tomorrow!
We hope you're having an awesome day because, thanks to you, in only a week we have surpassed 50% of our funding goal!

MARK MORGAN
a6658f2d239b5e99e7c2729981ae221c_large.jpg

The unbelievably talented composer of FALLOUT 1, FALLOUT 2, FALLOUT 3: New Vegas and Planescape Torment joins STASIS.

Fallout... I still remember the very first time the vault doors closed behind me. A rat ran across my path, I pulled out my pistol and watched with glee as my bullets ripped through its ribcage.

Fallout was a seminal gaming experience for me and made me instantly fall in love with the Role Playing genre. But, in all honesty, what really shaped the Fallout world for me was the music. The sounds of the wasteland will always stir a very special feeling inside me. You could hear the wind of the desert blowing through each note. Each town had a unique sound and as I listen to the soundtrack now, I can feel the emotions I felt when I first explored the California wastes.

With that still in mind, I am extremely proud to announce that STASIS will be scored by composer, Mark Morgan; whose unknowing influence on my game was evident from the first time I sat down to create this world.

Mark Morgan has musically illustrated so many of the worlds that I have been lost in: Zork Nemesis, Zork Grand Inquisitor, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas (to name but a few). Now with future work to look forward to - the soundtracks of Wasteland 2, Project Eternity and Torment: Tides Of Numenera.

Mark Morgan says, “At my first glimpse of STASIS, I was completely blown away by its Deep Beauty. This is destined to be EPIC!"

http://www.markmorganmusic.com/

BETA ACCESS (LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE)
If you would like to participate in the final Beta of STASIS, now you can!
At our limited $59 tier, you will be able to play the final Beta of STASIS, at least a month before the full release.

All tiers above $59 will automatically be entered into the Beta. You will also be listed as a Beta Tester on the website and in the STASIS game credits.

This is a LIMITED Kickstarter Exclusive Offer and will not be repeated after the Kickstarter Campaign, so if you want Beta access, please pledge now.

MAC OS X SUPPORT
11d33c9ec7b7305b2d92774c01fb4330_large.jpg

One of the most requested Stretch Goals has been Mac support.

We know that other Kickstarter campaigns have added this as their Stretch Goal, and we definitely want as many players as possible to experience what's lurking in the bowels of the Groomlake. Therefore, we aren't adding Mac support as a Stretch Goal - we are committing to bring Mac gamers the world of STASIS as soon as we are fully funded.

You can head over to www.stasisgame.com/getstasis right now and try out the OSX Alpha demo immediately!

DELUXE BOX
An extra pretty version of the STASIS box design is now available at reward tiers $99 and up. This Special Edition box has a foil design, embossed logo polished high gloss surface. The Deluxe Box design is Kickstarter Exclusive and won't be available after the campaign ends, it is also LIMITED at the $99 tier.

f4684edb3d4bfa0a367fe602de579536_large.jpg

3D preview of the Special Edition box design
BACKER ONLY WALLPAPER
Tomorrow the Backer Only wallpaper will become available. I have spent several days crafting this image and you will not be disappointed. Pledge $5 or more and this beauty is yours at HD and larger.

9e37c3dc61daf7cee79c03ffa343d3dc_large.jpg

PREVIEW OF THE BACKER ONLY WALLPAPER
Finally, I want to say thank you for backing STASIS. Keep the adventure alive.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Great news about mark morgan. :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom