Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex People's Awards: Best RPGs

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The current list was made that way. Everyone listed up to 25 games, and what it really resulted in was that games like Icewind Dale 2 and Fallout New Vegas got into the Top 10 just because everyone played & listed it.

I'm reasonably certain FNV would still make the top ten given what a lot of the Codex values in RPGs.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm reasonably certain FNV would still make the top ten given what a lot of the Codex values in RPGs.
I doubt it. Even in the current model of everyone listing all the games they liked, New Vegas was in 9th place, tied with Morrowind and ToEE.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Liberals and Republicans are both bought and paid for. There are still too many people who fall for this imaginary divide that is being pushed by the likes of Fox News and MSNBC.

Tigranes

Arcane
My method: someone arbitrarily draws up a list, everyone fights about it for 50 pages, any games that survive the gauntlet are enshrined.

laclongquan

Arcane
I think this is a good method to list top 10 games. It's a broad method, with accountable procedure. The key feature is the number of votes as well as the broad choice.

Still, a better idea is linking the final result post with the initial voting thread so people can read about the process. Some good comments on the contents and plays there.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
As i said, just ban everything 1995+. If you can somehow stop the trolls and those fishing for KKK, that list will be indeed more interesting than a general "best of" list.
No, ban the devs I mentioned in order to have a list that's not 80% made by people for whom games made by those devs=crpg genre, which is a load of hogwash. But yes, this idea is tragically flawed, as it would only cause these 80% to go full retard and either stuff their list with console action rpgs or mention games they never played/run a pirated gog version for 15 minutes and didn't like it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
People could list up to 25 games, and even with everyone that thought it "good" listing it, it barely made Top 10. If people only voted on 4-5 really great games, no way it would ever make Top 10.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
People could list up to 25 games, and even with everyone that thought it "good" listing it, it barely made Top 10.
So?
If people only voted on 4-5 really great games, no way it would ever make Top 10.
The Codex did the "fives games only" thing in 2010. It could definitely make it given what those lower numbers are.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I find easier to Knights of the Chalice or Dark Souls to make the Top 10 and leave New Vegas behind, but there's only one way to know...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Pfhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahaha

Looking at all the top ten lists can allow one to figure out what most of the people in the Codex value in RPGs, and KotC and Dark Souls don't have it.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Liberals and Republicans are both bought and paid for. There are still too many people who fall for this imaginary divide that is being pushed by the likes of Fox News and MSNBC.

That's all well and good, lady, but also completely irrelevant to the subject. What is it with women and their inability to stick to the matter at hand? Next time ask your male guardian to proof-read your posts, pls.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That's all well and good, lady, but also completely irrelevant to the subject. What is it with women and their inability to stick to the matter at hand? Next time ask your male guardian to proof-read your posts, pls.

If you think that is good trolling, think again. You are the one who brought up the liberals out of nowhere in this thread. So maybe your female guardian should check your meds next time you go into your hysterics...

St. Toxic

Arcane
If you think that is good trolling, think again. You are the one who brought up

Hold it right there, aspie scum. Suggesting that you share a common trait with a particular social group is not an invitation to a political debate; it's an observation in regards to your modus operandi. Now, do go ahead and educate me on autism, another diagnosis with no correlation to RPG's, but a perfectly viable adjective where your irrational behavior is concerned.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Hold it right there, aspie scum. Suggesting that you share a common trait with a particular social group is not an invitation to a political debate; it's an observation in regards to your modus operandi. Now, do go ahead and educate me on autism, another diagnosis with no correlation to RPG's, but a perfectly viable adjective where your irrational behavior is concerned.

How about a plain and simple go fuck yourself? I'm sure there is another diagnosis for people who see l1berals, l1berals everywhere...

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
This is the codex is it not i.e. everything is shit. Alright bear (har har) with me....

Every game that is voted for starts with 50 points.
Every person voting must distribute -10 points to any number of crpg's jrpg's or whatever the fuck rpg's they want.
What you end up with is the games with least complaints.

=DDDDD watch as obscure rpg's no one has played rise to the top while turds everyone has played 7 times sink to the bottom.
:smug:

Severian Silk

The poll was fine the way it was. Don't change it. Just leave it alone.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
NeoGAF's list had F2 in #46 and Arcanum in #54, ffs.
That list was ...interesting. Either my views on the genre are extremely limiting or the usefulness of that genre is even lower than I thought.

It has World of Warcraft at #22. What a sick, twisted world we live in.
I just saw it now. Top 3 already almost killed me, but it took 46 places to reach a game that's actually worthy of being in a top10 crpgs list, that has to be a new record.

Edit: Shit, I missed BG2, carry on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom