Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Preview RPG Codex Report: Expeditions: Conquistador, Logic Artists and Kickstarter

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Only if Grunker sends some over. I've never actually tasted Doritos® so I might be persuaded +M

edit: wait, what the fuck? Gentlemanparrot is no longer ' M: '? That's gay as hell. Where's mah XCO+M

ironyuri

betteryniwt.png

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Update 19: The Ol' Bait And Switch

As the release date fast approaches, I come to you bearing bad news tempered with good.

Let's just get the bad news out of the way first: we have to push the release date. I suppose this is particularly disappointing given both the lateness of the announcement as well as the fact that everybody has been lauding us for making the release date, but this is how it is: the game is in a pretty good state, and we could release it now, under other circumstances. Of course we're missing some of the polish we'd like to apply to the game, but it works, it's playable, and it's good fun.

:mob:

That's not the good news though. The good news is that we're going to have multiplayer. A few of the previews that hit the Internet over the past couple of weeks mentioned it, but here's the official word: Expeditions: Conquistador will feature a hotseat and TCP/IP skirmish mode where you and a friend can connect to each other and pitch your tactical cunning against each other. I assure you this is not the reason for the delay - the multiplayer is already implemented and working quite nicely.

:x

Jonas

Campfire Cabal
Developer
This could have been timed better, I'll give you that.

I think we've hit the sweet spot with the multiplayer, in terms of how much time we've spent on it versus how well executed it is (meaning, it's just a simple skirmish mode, so it's pretty well executed even though we only had one guy working on it for a month and a half).

But eh... on behalf of Logic Artists, I submit to your scorn.

Zeriel

Arcane

I think we've hit the sweet spot with the multiplayer, in terms of how much time we've spent on it versus how well executed it is (meaning, it's just a simple skirmish mode, so it's pretty well executed even though we only had one guy working on it for a month and a half).

If the multiplayer doesn't prevent you from moving due to latency client/hosting shenanigans, it'll already be better than XCOM'S AAA Day 1 purchase multiplayer.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

It's not that I care much, but if you had let me know I could have put that in the article. As it stands you now have this:

The Article said:
Finally, I ask Wæver and Eskildsen whether they are ready for the release the 28th. Wæver lets out a big sigh. “Yeah, I mean we're going gold on monday. But man, we're stressed right now. We will make it

:hero:

We should have gotten the clue from the fact that release date was This Thursday I suppose :lol:

ironyuri

Ah, Thursday. Let it be known that from this day forth, Thursday shall forever be a Black Day for the RPGCodex.

A blighted day. The day upon which the confluence of foul vapours chokes from us the very air we breathe.

A day when a thousand, thousand innocent souls, grasping toward the light of Age of Decadence and Expeditions: Conquistador were snuffed out.

Tigranes

Arcane
Couldn't care less about multiplayer as I don't think pure tactical combat is the games strength and I doubt I'll bother, but oh well. What's the new ETA? Is the delay just for bugs and polish?

Monty

Arcane
Ah, Thursday. Let it be known that from this day forth, Thursday shall forever be a Black Day for the RPGCodex.

A blighted day. The day upon which the confluence of foul vapours chokes from us the very air we breathe.

A day when a thousand, thousand innocent souls, grasping toward the light of Age of Decadence and Expeditions: Conquistador were snuffed out.
Very poetic, ironyuri. You look like you have some time on your hands, and possibly some frustrated writing talent.

Why not put it to some use in a CYOA in the playground? There are plenty of possible directions you could take, but maybe something Arcanum-related would suit your rather archaic and flowery style.

Jonas

Campfire Cabal
Developer
It's not that I care much, but if you had let me know I could have put that in the article.
We literally hadn't decided to postpone yet when you were here. You visited Tuesday, and we made the decision on Friday. I didn't mean to lie to you :(

Couldn't care less about multiplayer as I don't think pure tactical combat is the games strength and I doubt I'll bother, but oh well. What's the new ETA? Is the delay just for bugs and polish?
The delay is due to distribution shenanigans, but we will of course make use of it to fix bugs and apply polish. Because of said shenanigans, I can't give you a new release date yet, because it's out of our hands - we're waiting on word from above (or below, depending on how you look at it). We're aiming for mid-March, but please don't hold me to that, you never know what calamity will hit us next ;)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Jonas said:
We literally hadn't decided to postpone yet when you were here. You visited Tuesday, and we made the decision on Friday. I didn't mean to lie to you :(

I meant you could have told me before I posted the article - yesterday ;)

It's not about me and my problems, more about your own credibility now that there's this article up praising you for meeting your deadline!

Jaesun said:
When this is finished, will it be for sale on STEAM?

They hadn't been greenlit yet last I looked, but now I can't find the game on Greenlight anymore.

Tigranes

Arcane
Fair enough, it's not easy when distributions are bent on shenaniganing. Hope it's sorted out within March.

tindrli

Arcane
Jaesun said:
When this is finished, will it be for sale on STEAM?

They hadn't been greenlit yet last I looked, but now I can't find the game on Greenlight anymore.

It was here, but isn't anymore. Apparently removed, weird.

The delay is due to distribution shenanigans

i certainly hope that it will stay that way.. steam is the worst thing that could happen to the game industry..

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
Shit. I dare to compliment a developer for being 'professional', and this happens.

Starting to have a horrible feeling: Could it be true that all the Kickstarter naysayers were, indeed, right?

tindrli

Arcane
Shit. I dare to compliment a developer for being 'professional', and this happens.

Starting to have a horrible feeling: Could it be true that all the Kickstarter naysayers were, indeed, right?

duno bro, and i hope thats not true.. for a sake of all of us

Kirtai

Augur
On the contrary, schedule slippage is the common case in the software industry. I'm frankly astonished whenever a computer project comes in on time or under budget to the point where I suspect infernal pacts are involved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom