Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Jagged Alliance 3

ArchAngel

Arcane
How did I miss this topic for days.. I am yet to read the review but I know it is shit (the game , not the review. Review is probably shit as well)

raeven

Educated
How did I miss this topic for days.. I am yet to read the review but I know it is shit (the game , not the review. Review is probably shit as well)
I see this "deciding if something is good without trying it" tactic of yours extends to reviews, not just games themselves...

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Another 3d abomination!
We went from gorgeous 2d graphics in ja2:
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/...12f991baf9519a2a7907.600x338.jpg?t=1502453641

to this vomit inducing 3d shit today
And codexers are fapping to this 3d rotatable atrocity! What a joke this site has become!

Yup. Searched the review for mentions of the abomination that is this zoomer graphics style, no fixed camera with rotate-a-mole playstyle and so much other stuff missing that made JA2 great. Mediocre game at best.

Kinda edgy and trying too hard m8.
Shame tho, missing out on a good game.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Der Ewige Codexer, his greatest achievement being Not Liking Things, and his arrogance ensuring he mentions it as often as possible.
What a clown.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Der Ewige Codexer, his greatest achievement being Not Liking Things, and his arrogance ensuring he mentions it as often as possible.
What a clown.
Oh I like plenty of things, I just don't have a problem talking about things I do not like. And I do not follow retard rules. It is why I am pureblood and not part of the extra random death statistic.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Instead of supporting this decline come here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/ultimate-jagged-alliance-2-1-13-mods-topic.147982/
and play JA2 1.13 instead.
Does not mean i cant enjoy both tbh.
Enjoy 1.13 first if you never played it.

Played vanilla and 1.13 to death.
Then my post is not for you. Why did you even quote it? I said play 1.13 first and you seemed to already played it.
See what JA3 does to your brain?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Instead of supporting this decline come here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/ultimate-jagged-alliance-2-1-13-mods-topic.147982/
and play JA2 1.13 instead.
Does not mean i cant enjoy both tbh.
Enjoy 1.13 first if you never played it.

Played vanilla and 1.13 to death.
Then my post is not for you. Why did you even quote it? I said play 1.13 first and you seemed to already played it.
See what JA3 does to your brain?
Nothing worse than PP did to yours

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
RpgCodex has RPG in it name but RPG subforum is not the most active one. That would be politics one.
You sure about that?

ECMQAXM.jpg

Ztms8a8.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
RpgCodex has RPG in it name but RPG subforum is not the most active one. That would be politics one.
You sure about that?

ECMQAXM.jpg

Ztms8a8.jpg
You are right. I never paid much attention to this page. I was basing it on (my subjective feel of) number of people talking on average in those two subforums.
Is it possible to see how much messages were posted in last year in each?

Also by this same screen General Gaming seems to have more Threads than RPG General but less messages. I guess some people like to open a lot of new topics there.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Also by this same screen General Gaming seems to have more Threads than RPG General but less messages. I guess some people like to open a lot of new topics there.
What do you mean there are more non-roleplaying games than roleplaying games?

BlaineMono

Liturgist
I can see fans of little soldiers pew pew games have their arguments ready and I wouldn't dream of trying to single anyone out, just saying - JA2 could technically be considered a CRPG because it had a protagonist merc and it is easier to agree with autistics rather than argue semantics with them; JA3 doesn't have a protagonist though, it is not a CRPG, period

so fans of tactics games should suck it up and discuss that game in the general gaming subforum or something

ArchAngel

Arcane
I can see fans of little soldiers pew pew games have their arguments ready and I wouldn't dream of trying to single anyone out, just saying - JA2 could technically be considered a CRPG because it had a protagonist merc and it is easier to agree with autistics rather than argue semantics with them; JA3 doesn't have a protagonist though, it is not a CRPG, period

so fans of tactics games should suck it up and discuss that game in the general gaming subforum or something
Who you are arguing with? JA3 topic is is Tactics subforum, it is not in General RPG one..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom