Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Xi

Arcane
Is the server still up? The links all seem to be down, and cannot connect to the server when polling.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Message deleted in the interest of national security. Hail Codexia!

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
It was down for a day, should be up now. Don't use the ip directly, it may and will change in the future, in fact I'm going to change it next week.

I'm working the 1.2 update btw.

Luzur

Good Sir
well if we add that we need a reset, since all we do is stay at spawn and make machines, not often go exploring.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
well if we add that we need a reset, since all we do is stay at spawn and make machines, not often go exploring.
I don't like the direction codex minecraft server went with all those high tech addons and shit.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
you and i are the last ones of great line of explorers and adventurers.
yes indeed.
I would like mapgen mod that generated GIGANTIC underground caves. Like super giant ones. And there would be big, really challenging enemies in there. Not a lot of them though, as you would have to kite them and shit. That would be awesome. Instead we get mods and stuff where you sit and click boxes that go "bleep bloop" and shit resources that you're supposed to acquire from the wilderness. Decline!

Luzur

Good Sir
you and i are the last ones of great line of explorers and adventurers.
yes indeed.
I would like mapgen mod that generated GIGANTIC underground caves. Like super giant ones. And there would be big, really challenging enemies in there. Not a lot of them though, as you would have to kite them and shit. That would be awesome. Instead we get mods and stuff where you sit and click boxes that go "bleep bloop" and shit resources that you're supposed to acquire from the wilderness. Decline!

didnt Notch promise us more RPG stuff soon? i remember reading about NPC dialogues (those villages), ruins, more monsters, stuff like castles etc.

one mod i think we should add is that Tale of Kingdoms mod (if it is available for SMP)

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Notch stopped working on MC a long time ago, if you want any proper new content you'll have to look into mods.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
but he still supervise it, between holidays.

So... without him, we wouldn't have cats? :lol:

Nothing official yet, but there's rumors that they're going to do away with the separated SP/SMP modes in favor of a consolidated system (so you could even seamlessly join someone else's SP world and drop out again without interrupting the host). That would mean all SP mods would work in SMP as well, which would be p. fucking cool.

Luzur

Good Sir

Nothing official yet, but there's rumors that they're going to do away with the separated SP/SMP modes in favor of a consolidated system (so you could even seamlessly join someone else's SP world and drop out again without interrupting the host). That would mean all SP mods would work in SMP as well, which would be p. fucking cool.

sounds more like people will join up your SMP, kill you with lava then logout.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't like the direction codex minecraft server went with all those high tech addons and shit.
This is pretty much why I stopped playing on the Codex server.

sounds more like people will join up your SMP, kill you with lava then logout.
I assume you'll have the option to block people from joining your game, or it will be invite only, or something.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
rpg elements, skill increases etc = sure, but not necessary at all
new biomes and map gen = sure
new blocktypes and recipies = no no!

is there any private server someone has with that sort of stuff? Like codex server used to be..? with no cheating -- everybody must go underground and adventure for resources etc.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Bros, is the Codexian server using Technic Pack by any chance?

Not the Technic pack as it is because we use different ids, but I use the old technic installer as a base for the modpack.

Just a heads-up, there's a new minecraft forge api major version and everything seems to be broken right now. I'm waiting for the mods to be fixed before I can push and update.

Embrace the popamole

On a more serious note, you may just get lucky with this. I'm testing out this thingy right now:
http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=929.0
which will allow us to run a modded and unmodded world at the same time with the possibility to teleport between the 2 if you have the mods installed(no items can be transferred between the the two worlds).
Does that sound ok for you?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
On a more serious note, you may just get lucky with this. I'm testing out this thingy right now:
http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=929.0
which will allow us to run a modded and unmodded world at the same time with the possibility to teleport between the 2 if you have the mods installed(no items can be transferred between the the two worlds).
Does that sound ok for you?
that would be super coolio

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Sooo, I've checked the server. I've slept in someone's bed, got blown up by a creeper and set a camp north of the desert. So far, so good.

I might come back later at some point, hopefully when there are some people on the server.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
The hell is so interesting in Vanilla Minecraft?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom