Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

BulMaster

Educated
Haven't played that in a long while :P Might fire a Dwarf fortress while waiting for the beta to start.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Well Eloraam finally got her update through!

Got frames and everything!

Frames + Computer mod and Im set to return to procrastinating!

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
So.. we all waiting for the official modding support before making a new map..? The old one is pretty boring.

We've been waiting for official modding support for the last 2 years.

I've been thinking how we should proceed and I think that the current way of distributing the mods is just ridiculous. I played around with the latest Tekkit version, and I really like what they have done with the custom spout client and stuff. I would say that maybe this is going to be the way to do it. Right now I'm upgrading the server itself and when I finish I'll setup a new tekkit server and I'll let you know how it goes.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I played around with the latest Tekkit version, and I really like what they have done with the custom spout client and stuff. I would say that maybe this is going to be the way to do it.

Anything to take off some of your workload - having to deal with the updates can't be very fun. :lol:

Just remember to keep EE enabled, deus will like that.

deus101

but offcourse ...minecraft == sperg enabling.

deus101

I was planning on building something like that. Haven't logged in for yonks though...
Yeah, me neither... Waiting dreading for when Muty will upgrade the server, so i can start procrastinating full time again.

There is a shit-ton of new stuff, Red Powers new Frames(moves entire structures) and computer craft( yeah yeah, Red Power got computers now to, but CC gives you widescreen billboards, an army of robots, plus some awsome extension which can read the status from everything power levels in cables...to the status your nuclear reactor...and you can link CC computer and RP computers through the RP cables...tl'dr variation are still awsome), and buildcraft have upped their factory stuff...now you can draw up a segment and a new path marker can then be used to construct walls/roads/bridges/whaterver the fuck from one end to another.

And from railcraft, a chunkloader that's not half-assed, you can even place it in a cart, send it off and let it use up Muty's ram wherever it goes(also..you can now link up carts, so just hook up the chunkloader to the tunnel borer and those long hours of digging tunnels with tracks can be saved to waste elsewhere) they wisely made the chunk loader expensive though.

OH! And Red Power also introduced a pump of her own, that actually FUNCTIONS as a pump! That means you can drain entire bodies of liquid and flood Luzors workshop!

That's from the mods we already have on the server, there is also some new stuff I think we can add/replace.
There is this a new wireless redstone mod with triangulation, versatile remotes, jammers and a system that helps you keep track of your frequencies(it also gives your own private channels).

Mods just fucking makes minecraft!

Oh did i mention you can use frames to move entire structures? MOBILE FUCKING TESLA COILS MOTHERFUCKER!

WHY THE FUCK AM I SO EXCITED OVER THIS!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Some of those pics look... weird, but anything's better than the default biomes at this point. ExtraBiomesXL would be swell but I think the modding API got delayed from 1.3 so it'll be months before we see that.

deus101

The modding API won't bring much to the table, mods will still require frameworks like forge if they want to add proper custom functionality.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I wasn't talking about the viability (or lack thereof) of the API in general tho, just that the ExtraBiomesXL team has said that they won't even try making an SMP version before the API is out.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Working on it.

OK the server is ready. You can get the latest technic launcher from here.

Right now tekkit 3.0 is beta and you'll have to manually select a build in order to join. I made a semi helpful screenshot to help you if you can't figure it out:
tekkit.PNG

This won't be needed after a few days when it comes out of beta.

Let me know if you find any problems.

deus101

Now...where do we place New New New Codexia?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom