Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Safe Spaces Broken - Please Protect Codexers

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
EDIT: I made this tag to shame people into not ignoring people.. because I think uncensored dialogue is what made RPG Codex amazing.

That's why we have the Safe Space tag, because we don't believe in Safe Spaces. Or it's just random lol

LostHisMarbles

Learned
Difficult to ascertain indeed. I wouldn't dare hypothesise.
One presumes it was to stigmatise of course, but surely that's too easy.

* I almost remembered what it was i forgot i had to remember!
** But it's slipped me again.

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
EDIT: I made this tag to shame people into not ignoring people.. because I think uncensored dialogue is what made RPG Codex amazing.

That's why we have the Safe Space tag, because we don't believe in Safe Spaces. Or it's just random lol

Safe spaces was supposed to go on posters with huge ignore lists.. at the time it was SCO / AWOR / Prodigy.. who had like 200+ people on ignore.
Even though AWOR would open shoutbox in a private browser so he could read everything anyways

In those days.. Ignoring someone was a sign of weakness or defeat.. It's acknowledgement that even seeing someone talk makes you so enraged, knuckles whitened, teeth clenched - that you can't function. Your ideas can't win in the marketplace of free speech.

Codexers segmenting themselves into cliques or small pockets, refusing to talk to anyone else is resetera bitch-shit.

---

With that background out of the way..
The reason you and me have the tag is because.. what I'm asking for takes actual work.. and it's easier for DU to just give it to us as a Meme-dunk.. cause he's sooooo Whacky and Craaaazy.

Actually fetching ignore list counts to apply the tag as a cron or event.. (something I thought was done years ago) - takes actual work. Which is unacceptable.

Full disclosure - I am willing to die on this hill..

The reason I love the codex is for the arguments and open dialogue - I want ignoring and cliques to be disincentivized any way possible.
I would happily wear this tag if that meant I get my way.

EDIT:
Me in 2016:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/remove-the-ignore-feature.106326/

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I am willing to die on this hill

:popcorn:

Witness me, and enjoy the show.

4c1.gif

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
tl;dr - aweigh got tired of seeing Immortal spammin and simpin for Mebrilia the Viera Queen and stuffed his butt in the iggy bin and now it is in pain. he rushed to create this topic right after that... he credits modron, but that seems like a cope to me.

You are half right. ( maybe 75% )

I thought this tag was applying to anyone who hit 200 / 300 ignores.
Modron pointed out aweigh hit that after putting me on ignore.

EDIT:
Turtle squad is also a giant safe space.

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Dunderlord said:
Gave Immoral a Safe Space tag because he seems to need people marked with Safe Space just so that he can have a Safe Space.

Also added Autistico because I felt like it.
Like my Vatnik tag.

Never once put anyone on ignore, never once shilled for commies, never once asked to have the rules changed so I felt better, ... so in this clown world, that's a Vatnik Safe Space. People who demand others take an experimental vaccine to get their "safe space" don't seem to have a Safe Space tag.

On the other hand, you have been quite unsettled that I don't have the same opinions that you do, so you put tags on me that make no sense. Codex 2022.
You seem upset.

Shitposter
never seen someone who likes talking about himself this much. Atlantico i cannot describe to you how much i don't give a shit about what tags you have and whether you deserve them or not. i genuinely think that your favela should have internet access pulled to spare us from your incessant rambling about topics that are >20 IQ points above your ability to understand, comprehend, and discuss. we already have 10+ "pick me" goblinos spamming the forum trying to get validation from other people, we don't need another one. nothing you say is important, interesting, funny, cool, or thought provoking. in more reasonable times you would have already been confined to a jail subforum or redirected to rpgwatch. here's to hoping it still happens.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
never seen someone who likes talking about himself this much. Atlantico i cannot describe to you how much i don't give a shit about what tags you have and whether you deserve them or not. i genuinely think that your favela should have internet access pulled to spare us from your incessant rambling about topics that are >20 IQ points above your ability to understand, comprehend, and discuss. we already have 10+ "pick me" goblinos spamming the forum trying to get validation from other people, we don't need another one. nothing you say is important, interesting, funny, cool, or thought provoking. in more reasonable times you would have already been confined to a jail subforum or redirected to rpgwatch. here's to hoping it still happens.
I appreciate all my fans. You included. I also appreciate that you only shitpost, so your tag is well earned.

I'm sorry I won't put as much effort into this post as you did to you.... ZzzzZZzzZzZz

Shitposter
i'm not asking you, i'm telling you. you are boring. go make a funny thread or do something, anything, before spamming site feedback with this garbage. literally no one cares what tags some middling literally-who has.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I think i'm confusing aweigh with some other poster, back then (10ish, more?) years ago, he stood out with his faggy/nu-Germany/muslims are better posts, not many of his ilk around at the time. Think he was also an avid JRPG fan? Fucking surprise right there, yeah.
Maaaybe he lived or visited Gaymany, though not originally from there; he'd make a lot of posts about the country as well.

Does the description ring a bell?

Red Panda?

Pound Meat

Prophet

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
i'm not asking you, i'm telling you. you are boring. go make a funny thread or do something, anything, before spamming site feedback with this garbage. literally no one cares what tags some middling literally-who has.
That's how I feel about you. Boring, ... well just boring. Derivative. Boring. Did I say that already?

That's why I never engage you, I don't even think about you — It's always you engaging me.

In other words, the streetshitter protesteth too much methinks. How about this, if you think I'm so boring, stop trying to get my attention. That's win for me.

LostHisMarbles

Learned
"I don't even think about you "
"Ever "

/rates every post they make with butthurt

"No one cares "

And right after that, lol, it gets even better :D

"Stop trying to get my attention "

Totally not butthurt though, i mean the man does NOT care. Ice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom