Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saints Row 3 gameplay

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Game's fun so far. Still has floating cars but whatever. One thing does piss me off though and that's the DLC item that can't be skipped and immediately takes over one neighbourhood for you. WTF? Extra cars, outfits, weapons and fuck yeah missions are kewl. Shit that basically completes part of the game for you and cannot be skipped? Not so.

Angthoron

Arcane
Trash said:
Game's fun so far. Still has floating cars but whatever. One thing does piss me off though and that's the DLC item that can't be skipped and immediately takes over one neighbourhood for you. WTF? Extra cars, outfits, weapons and fuck yeah missions are kewl. Shit that basically completes part of the game for you and cannot be skipped? Not so.

Huh, what's that? I seem to have somehow missed it.

The only "Take over" item that I've got so far was Stag Party reward if you chose to return Nyteblade to STAG, as well as an optional "Purchase for money" one.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The skidrow crack unlocks all dlc and apparantly one is a cheat mode that also starts the game off with unlocking a neighbourhood for you. It gives you a screen in which you can select one right after the intro missions.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I BOUGHT THE LAST 2 AFTER THEY HIT 20 DOLLARS LOOKS LIKE THE SAME FOR THIS ONE BUT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT

MY FAVORITE SANDBOX STYLE GAME IS STILL JUST CAUSE 2 BROS I JUST LOVED BLOWING ALL KINDS OF SHIT UP

Angthoron

Arcane
Trash said:
The skidrow crack unlocks all dlc and apparantly one is a cheat mode that also starts the game off with unlocking a neighbourhood for you. It gives you a screen in which you can select one right after the intro missions.

Huh, didn't get that. Could possibly be a bug, too. Not really sure. That definitely does suck though.

hoopy

Savant
Trash said:
You mean the DLC is all on the disc? Well, Volition did talk about some system that lets everyone play together even if they don't have the same DLC...

Angthoron

Arcane
I think he means the preorder, the cheatpack and the Nyteblade/Fishbite stuff. Doubting that the rest of the DLC would be there yet.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Trash said:
One thing does piss me off though and that's the DLC item that can't be skipped and immediately takes over one neighbourhood for you. WTF? Extra cars, outfits, weapons and fuck yeah missions are kewl. Shit that basically completes part of the game for you and cannot be skipped? Not so.
i have all the dlc 'cept for the prima guide shit and nothing like that happens. taking over a neighbourhood is an upgrade choice plus a c&c choice later, meaning bad crack.

just finished it, it's shorter than 2 and worse, but still good game.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Well, the crack seems to add a whole load of dlc once you start the game. Doesn't seem like it's only the released ones.

Just replayed the entire beginning to see if you can somehow not unlock a territory with it. Nope.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
yeah but non of the existing or upcoming dlcs are supposed to do that, including the cheat dlc. really sounds like the fucked up the upgrades somehow.

Angthoron

Arcane
Trash said:
Well, the crack seems to add a whole load of dlc once you start the game. Doesn't seem like it's only the released ones.

Just replayed the entire beginning to see if you can somehow not unlock a territory with it. Nope.

A quick search and here's what I find:

Note: This release automatically unlocks and activates a ton of upgrades- more than half of them- which you aren't supposed to have turned on at first, and there is no way to turn them off. You are basically forced to play the game in cheat mode. They were probably just trying to turn on the DLC stuff, but they turned on way more than that.

By the way, still curious about the DLCs that get unlocked. Any idea what they are?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Dunno. All pre-order and current ones and at least the upcoming cheaters pack mentioned in the link below. You basically have to press enter at least a dozen times to get all the 'unlocked' messages away when you get pasty the intro missions. Cheat pack seems not only to enable cheats but also to add all dlc rewards instantly and lets you pick you a territory for free. Sucks.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/16/saint ... y-shark-o/

Then again, wouldn't be surprised if it's a bad crack that just enables waaaay too much. We'll see. What puzzles me is that the 'pick a free territory' is something you have to do manually on a screen designed for it. Suggesting it's either part of some dlc or at least put in purposely into the game.

Oh well, enough lame cracker talk. Everybody enjoying the game? I find it a bit too infantile.

Angthoron

Arcane
Just like SuicideBunny I have all (currently available) DLC except the guide, and I've also not experienced this sort of issues - nothing got unlock on its own to screw me over. I'm guessing it's really a case of a bad crack job there. I'm guessing they'll probably release a fixed crack eventually, though that kinda sucks.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Well, all the more reasons to actually buy the game. ;) Though the whole '40 weeks of dlc' thing is stopping me atm. I'll probably wait and get a goty edition eventually.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
the current dlcs are fucking worthless and somehow i doubt it will be that different for the story ones. just wait 'till it's on sale.

Angthoron

Arcane
Trash said:
Well, all the more reasons to actually buy the game. ;) Though the whole '40 weeks of dlc' thing is stopping me atm. I'll probably wait and get a goty edition eventually.

Might be best to wait for GotY or a sale, yeah.

Have to say though, still enjoying this quite a bit, and I do hope that the upcoming DLC is actually mission packs of decent length and design, since it's quite obvious that the team can do very neat things mission design-wise. Current DLC should be lulzy enough to play in co-op though, which's definitely something I'm looking forward to with some bros; however, besides a bit of freeform lulz, they don't add that much.

hoopy

Savant
Trash said:
Well, all the more reasons to actually buy the game. ;)
I really wanted to, but THQ doesn't want my money. It really is pathetic how all the DLC you buy just unlocks shit that shipped with the game.

And the cracked version forces you to use all of it. Unless that gets patched, I'm not sure if I'll continue playing. It honestly is that annoying.

Also, the game doesn't run too well. Even with all settings turned down, my FPS is around 20-30. Even Skyrim is much better than that.

Angthoron

Arcane
Could be a crack problem, or a drivers issue? My computer is pretty much mid-range at this point, I'm guessing, but it runs the game very smoothly, no FPS drops and by the looks of it it's in the 60ies at least. And that's with Vsync on.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Angthoron said:
Could be a crack problem, or a drivers issue? My computer is pretty much mid-range at this point, I'm guessing, but it runs the game very smoothly, no FPS drops and by the looks of it it's in the 60ies at least. And that's with Vsync on.
What are the specs of your PC?

Repressed Homosexual
Isn't this game supposed to be a parody of gangsta culture and current gaming trends? It just tries so hard to push the envelope and present increasingly crazy situations all made in the name of getting on top, and increasingly gratuitous violence to you, as if to bold how desensitized we've become to violence and rude thuggish behavior. Just in the first mission you decimate a bank's whole workforce and multiple SWAT teams, just to steal some money, and the characters act as if it was nothing. And in all of these games there's not a single character who isn't a giant selfish, nihilistic, psychotic, insufferable jerk with no redeeming points at all.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hm, trying out the skidrow release while waiting for my copy to arrive by mail, in addition to the preorder/stuff on steam atm it has:
-explosive content pack
-money shot pack
-special ops vehicle pack
-warrior pack
-z style pack
-bloodsucker pack (might be the nyteblade one, though there was a separate message for that..)

40 weeks of dlc indeed. :godimsomadtheyremovedthissmiley: And they were doing so well by having one preorder bonus for everyone who preordered, not like arkham city with a hundred exclusive different ones wtf.My steam sale sense is tingling...

Game is fun though, even if my shitty screen/ati drivers/video card underscans it in full screen mode. :(

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Humanity has risen! said:
Isn't this game supposed to be a parody of gangsta culture and current gaming trends? It just tries so hard to push the envelope and present increasingly crazy situations all made in the name of getting on top, and increasingly gratuitous violence to you, as if to bold how desensitized we've become to violence and rude thuggish behavior. Just in the first mission you decimate a bank's whole workforce and multiple SWAT teams, just to steal some money, and the characters act as if it was nothing. And in all of these games there's not a single character who isn't a giant selfish, nihilistic, psychotic, insufferable jerk with no redeeming points at all.
Exactly!

Angthoron

Arcane
Excidium said:
Angthoron said:
What are the specs of your PC?

i5 quadcore, 2,8GHz, 4g of RAM, Nvidia GTX460 at 1g. It was pretty decent a year ago, but even then it wasn't a top of the line.

-explosive content pack
-money shot pack
-special ops vehicle pack
-warrior pack
-z style pack
-bloodsucker pack (might be the nyteblade one, though there was a separate message for that..)

Hah. Reminds me of THQ's DoW2 DLC model. That's a pity, and I guess besides the Saints, fuck THQ. Those major content DLCs they mentioned in that "season pass" better be major content or fucking else, though.

Been playing some Assassinations now, somewhat challenging in some parts of the city thanks to STAGs walking around and trying to shoot my guy. It's a bit on the easy side, though some of the objectives needed to smoke the targets out are quite alright.

Stabwound

Arcane
The game is fun, but the crack is all kinds of fucked up, as mentioned. Who knows if there will be a "fixed" crack released or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom