Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
"hitscan but it bends and checks entity positions at a delayed time of collision" isn't a thing.
It is a thing
You just have a second ray fly along like a projectile, if it detects anything tell the bullet to recalculate its path. Player is none the wiser.
The bullet is hitscan up until it detects a change, then it stops for a milisecond has a think about it and then returns to being a hitscan.

The traditional term for a hitscan in the doom days is what you're talking about which is why you're confused. Those were single use and never updated. Now we can repeatedly use them and update them dynamically. Effectively what I'm talking about could be considered a hybrid approach and last time I checked there wasn't a definition for that, which is why we just got used to calling it hitscan, as they are obviously not projectiles.

The tell is going to be, can the bullet move beyond a certain length, raycasts have to have a set length otherwise the bullet will just pass through. When we detect that the bullet is likely to hit we know the bullet has hit because it has reached the end of the path. If it didn't hit we refer to the other ray to figure out why it didn't. The system can fail it's not perfect but it is better than the usual projectile method. (example of it failing, hitting a very fast-moving small object that moved into the path of the bullet, the bullet was unable to detect it so just pass through)

It goes the opposite way as well, that the bullet doesn't correct the hit the player has moved out the way the hit is still awarded because the path never recalculated. (The bullet is still detecting a hit but the object has moved out of the way slightly because the entire system is built on the assumption of a hit).
If both the initial hitscan and the traveling ray both return a hit then we know with confidence it did hit. Its those inbetweens where the system fails so its not perfect at all but its still able to track high velocity which is why we do it like this.

the second ray works similar to ray marching it doesn't have to update in realtime but should do so an an interval that makes sense and is performant, the point is that its point of origin is where the bullet presently sits on the first path. If the bullets travel is short we just revert to a traditional hitscan, if its long then this system would be necessary.

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Low gravity ragdoll tech :)

There are all kinds of optics, magnified and not. When that update released the higher magnification scopes went out further than player models would load lol

Myobi

Liturgist
Low gravity ragdoll tech :)

There are all kinds of optics tech, magnified tech and not tech. When that update tech released the higher magnification scopes tech went out further than player models tech would load lol tech

"hitscan but it bends and checks entity positions at a delayed time of collision" isn't a thing.
It is a thing
You just have a second ray fly along like a projectile, if it detects anything tell the bullet to recalculate its path. Player is none the wiser.
The bullet is hitscan up until it detects a change, then it stops for a milisecond has a think about it and then returns to being a hitscan.

The traditional term for a hitscan in the doom days is what you're talking about which is why you're confused. Those were single use and never updated. Now we can repeatedly use them and update them dynamically. Effectively what I'm talking about could be considered a hybrid approach and last time I checked there wasn't a definition for that, which is why we just got used to calling it hitscan, as they are obviously not projectiles.

The tell is going to be, can the bullet move beyond a certain length, raycasts have to have a set length otherwise the bullet will just pass through. When we detect that the bullet is likely to hit we know the bullet has hit because it has reached the end of the path. If it didn't hit we refer to the other ray to figure out why it didn't. The system can fail it's not perfect but it is better than the usual projectile method. (example of it failing, hitting a very fast-moving small object that moved into the path of the bullet, the bullet was unable to detect it so just pass through)

It goes the opposite way as well, that the bullet doesn't correct the hit the player has moved out the way the hit is still awarded because the path never recalculated. (The bullet is still detecting a hit but the object has moved out of the way slightly because the entire system is built on the assumption of a hit).
If both the initial hitscan and the traveling ray both return a hit then we know with confidence it did hit. Its those inbetweens where the system fails so its not perfect at all but its still able to track high velocity which is why we do it like this.

the second ray works similar to ray marching it doesn't have to update in realtime but should do so an an interval that makes sense and is performant, the point is that its point of origin is where the bullet presently sits on the first path. If the bullets travel is short we just revert to a traditional hitscan, if its long then this system would be necessary.
They call that "ballistic" and it's not hitscan.

I realize there aren't real bullets, and it's all just based on off/on states of millions of transistors. I get that it's not done by actually making a bunch of physics objects and just letting the physics engine handle everything. That would be impractical and computationally wasteful. And video game physics engines do tend to do poorly at high velocities, because otherwise you'd have to update every millisecond or what have you.

None of that makes it hitscan though. Hitscan means a specific thing. In quake, the shotgun was hitscan. The nailgun was not. The rocket launcher was super-not hitscan, although I imagine the explosion utilized hitscan to do its damage. And none of those things even had ballistic arcs, but they did have to fly for some amount of time rather than knowing at the time of firing if they were a hit or not.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Ballistic Simulation is not a method btw its added to the method which is why you can do ballistics for both. Its either rigidbodies in the form of projectiles wherein the bullet is an object just like the gun just like the player just like the NPCs or its a raycast in which then it falls into the hitscan category. If we want to get technical there should be a definition for the "hybrid" approach the problem is that even that is too vague. The terms are out of date.

I would call what I suggested a "traveling hitscan" or if you want to decouple it from hitscan a "traveling ray" because its a hitscan that moves its point of origin along another path to simulate bullet travel (I strongly suspect this is what Arma and SC, see the Dyslexi Arma 3 video from 2013 you never see a projectile just the raypath, they're used because its extremely cheap computationally and looks great, there's no janky bouncing you get from rigid bodies), the other method I'm aware of is where the bullet starts off as a ray and transforms into a projectile which I'd call "hitscan-to-projectile" if I was going to give them names (I'm certain warthunder does this around the opposite way so projectile-to-hitscan, when a tank fires a shell its a projectile but when it hits turns into hitscans to simulate damage spread, the animation is fake. You can tell because it can be super infuriating to have shells phase through terrain or tanks sometimes and hits are not counted, this would not happen if it were a raycast because rays can usually pinpoint accurately the collision volume they're intersecting, rigidbodies can't *unless they use kinematics which basically combines the two ideas but is hard to implement).
Disclaimer: I'm wrong if it turned out they were using kinematics the entire time lol. I seriously doubt most of the implementations would use this because its still computationally expensive to use a rigid body and you're still using a raycast anyway so it's wasteful, normally this is reserved for things like platforms, vehicles or characters who aren't playing nicely with the engine's physics not really for projectiles.

Anyway, its a good topic to discuss I wish there was more documentation out there so we could have a concrete "This is how you do it". The gist of what I'm trying to say is one is a ray that swaps to another ray, the other is a ray that swaps to a rigidbody this is why I feel there should be the distinction between the two. One is significantly cheaper than the other.

*if you don't get it this time I have a diagram now lol. I'll post it if it still doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Ballistic Simulation is not a method btw its added to the method which is why you can do ballistics for both. Its either rigidbodies in the form of projectiles wherein the bullet is an object just like the gun just like the player just like the NPCs or its a raycast in which then it falls into the hitscan category. If we want to get technical there should be a definition for the "hybrid" approach the problem is that even that is too vague. The terms are out of date.

I would call what I suggested a "traveling hitscan" or if you want to decouple it from hitscan a "traveling ray" because its a hitscan that moves its point of origin along another path to simulate bullet travel (I strongly suspect this is what Arma and SC, see the Dyslexi Arma 3 video from 2013 you never see a projectile just the raypath, they're used because its extremely cheap computationally and looks great, there's no janky bouncing you get from rigid bodies), the other method I'm aware of is where the bullet starts off as a ray and transforms into a projectile which I'd call "hitscan-to-projectile" if I was going to give them names (I'm certain warthunder does this around the opposite way so projectile-to-hitscan, when a tank fires a shell its a projectile but when it hits turns into hitscans to simulate damage spread, the animation is fake. You can tell because it can be super infuriating to have shells phase through terrain or tanks sometimes and hits are not counted, this would not happen if it were a raycast because rays can usually pinpoint accurately the collision volume they're intersecting, rigidbodies can't *unless they use kinematics which basically combines the two ideas but is hard to implement).
Disclaimer: I'm wrong if it turned out they were using kinematics the entire time lol. I seriously doubt most of the implementations would use this because its still computationally expensive to use a rigid body and you're still using a raycast anyway so it's wasteful, normally this is reserved for things like platforms, vehicles or characters who aren't playing nicely with the engine's physics not really for projectiles.

Anyway, its a good topic to discuss I wish there was more documentation out there so we could have a concrete "This is how you do it". The gist of what I'm trying to say is one is a ray that swaps to another ray, the other is a ray that swaps to a rigidbody this is why I feel there should be the distinction between the two. One is significantly cheaper than the other.

*if you don't get it this time I have a diagram now lol. I'll post it if it still doesn't make sense.
Hitscan doesn't mean any hit detection that uses raycasts. It's specifically simple hit detection based on the position of the crosshairs/aimpoint on the shooter's camera at the instant the weapon is used. If you're calculating bullet drop over time and windage and stuff, that's no longer hitscan no matter the implementation.

"Hitscan in video game design, most commonly in first-person shooters, is a type of hit registration system that determines whether an object has been hit or not simply by scanning if the item used was aimed directly at its target and then applies the effects of the item (usually damage) instantly."
- Wikipedia

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Said earlier the definitions are out of date. It's mistakenly referred to by developers because it's not a projectile. But a traveling ray is basically doing a raycast to find the end length as a vector3, then predicting the path, you do the prediction for AI (I realized my diagram is actually for AI shooting not the player so I might have to dedraw it LOL), for the player the traveling ray just flys along like a projectile normally would but its cheaper because it has no collider the draw back is that it uses its own physics. Sorry I've been tired this week so some of what I'm saying might be coming out wrong.

Game engine physics work similar to occlusion culling as well, the physics engine gets loaded out from RBs if its too far from the player/level center (depends on where it's tethered to, usually multiplayer games it's the center of the map), so that claim that you'd be able to shoot beyond visibility goes against how we know physics works on rigidbodies *Unless the physics culling is longer than occlusion culling in which then the draw distance is not reflective of physics quality, A ray can be as long as you want which is usually in ballistics sim the energy of the bullet but you can make them go on for infinity it's just not a good idea to! its not good practice from a performance standpoint but a ray never gets loaded out on culling whereas physics does. I really doubt with the persistence layer SC has that they are using RBs because you'd get noticeably weird physics when the bullets return to being RB. Its possible they are using RBs but I'd need to see proof of it. It's easier to dismiss it as rays because of that persistence layer, because that's what the persistent layer would be treating them as. (just a vector3 flying around in abstraction, much easier and cheaper to track)

All 4 of the methods I mentioned have their place in games, with the traditional hitscan being the worst approach. Again I'm not advocating hit scanning as good its usually a bad practice. Yeah I'd love to see the term better clearly defined because those two methods Hitscan vs Projectile are both out of date. The term projectile even predates RigidBodies, it only came to represent doing it this way because its a carry-over from pre-physics engine projectiles. If we're going to discuss these methods they should be better defined.

Its an old argument. It'll come up again. It'll keep happening. God damn games industry. lol Some consistent documentation and terminology would go a long way.

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Wikipedia
wikipedia is wrong about 98% of the time
also notice how the only source is the writer of the article. Tristan Jung is not a game developer he is a writer, yes he is an engineer that now works at Twitter but he is mainly in this capacity an authority on Games Journalism not Games Development.
This would be like treating Extra Credits as an authority on game design. In the article he even states:
For example, to fix the issue of objects phasing through each other from projectile ballistics, each bullet can draw a ray every tick of the engine. This helps the engine to see if any of the rays would intersect between ticks, colliding mid-air.
"each bullet can draw a ray every tick" implying a Kinematic RigidBody.

They can also be blended to enhance features in a game. A great example of this is in the Sniper Elite series; after pulling the trigger, the engine uses hitscan to determine if the shot is close enough to any detectable target to trigger slow motion. If true, it will fire a bullet with projectile ballistics in bullet-time.
And this btw is actually faked, the hitscan is what did it, the bullet itself is not a projectile, the animation that plays is actually faked over the top of the hitscan triggering. Because do you have any idea how taxing it would be to draw every testicle on every soldier LOL these things are only loaded in after the hit, and the animation plays to give the illusion that a projectile method was used. terrible example image used doesn't reflect the technical and earlier is mislabeled as a projectile.

Again another point I want to make is we need to really stop letting Games Journalists define things. What is an RPG for example (ding ding ding I said the thing). It should be the developers that set the academic precedents cause you know the whole proof thing? yeah a developer actually has to prove they did it in practice, a games journalist doesn't they can make up things and aren't peer-reviewed. Developers kinda are with post-mortems and GDC but we could probably stand to be better.

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Wikipedia
wikipedia is wrong about 98% of the time
also notice how the only source is the writer of the article. Tristan Jung is not a game developer he is a writer, yes he is an engineer that now works at Twitter but he is mainly in this capacity an authority on Games Journalism not Games Development.
This would be like treating Extra Credits as an authority on game design. In the article he even states:
For example, to fix the issue of objects phasing through each other from projectile ballistics, each bullet can draw a ray every tick of the engine. This helps the engine to see if any of the rays would intersect between ticks, colliding mid-air.
"each bullet can draw a ray every tick" implying a Kinematic RigidBody.

They can also be blended to enhance features in a game. A great example of this is in the Sniper Elite series; after pulling the trigger, the engine uses hitscan to determine if the shot is close enough to any detectable target to trigger slow motion. If true, it will fire a bullet with projectile ballistics in bullet-time.
And this btw is actually faked, the hitscan is what did it, the bullet itself is not a projectile, the animation that plays is actually faked over the top of the hitscan triggering. Because do you have any idea how taxing it would be to draw every testicle on every soldier LOL these things are only loaded in after the hit, and the animation plays to give the illusion that a projectile method was used. terrible example image used doesn't reflect the technical and earlier is mislabeled as a projectile.

Again another point I want to make is we need to really stop letting Games Journalists define things. What is an RPG for example (ding ding ding I said the thing). It should be the developers that set the academic precedents cause you know the whole proof thing? yeah a developer actually has to prove they did it in practice, a games journalist doesn't they can make up things and aren't peer-reviewed. Developers kinda are with post-mortems and GDC but we could probably stand to be better.
There are plenty more articles and webpages describing hitscan, and none that I have ever seen would include a gun that has bullet drop and travel time.

For example...
https://rockymtnruby.com/what-is-hitscan/

Even Urban Dictionary understands the concept
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hitscan

It's pretty universally understood, and it doesn't mean 'any hit detection system that utilizes raycasting and doesn't utilize a kinematic physics object'.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Even Urban Dictionary understands the concept
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hitscan
2008, 2012.

It does talk about hybrids at the very bottom. Its terminology is wrong for projectiles as it implies all projectiles are ballistic which is false, you can still have non-ballistic projectiles as I said ballistics simulation comes after the method, and this article contradicts the other Wikipedia article on the subject of sniper elite's usage which implies that a hitscan is used first and then the bullet animation plays.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So they use star wars "lasers" that are way, way slower than bullets.
as far as i know, star wars calls them "blasters", and they're plasma, not lasers.

Star Wars has lasers on top of blasters. You are a fucking retard that a simple search on Wookieepedia would have given you the answer.
OK calm down nerd. Literally nobody cares.

Also, they're called "turbolasers", at least the towers on the death star, and they shot slow bolts of zappage. So you're a dumbass nerd who is also wrong, the worst kind of dumbass nerd.

OK fine everything is hitscan. If I shoot a bullet out of a real life gun, the universe is just bouncing literal photons around for me to see what happens so real life guns are also hitscan. Boxing is hitscan. Nothing means anything anymore anyway, ballistics identify as hitscan so who are we to question them.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
as far as i know, star wars calls them "blasters", and they're plasma, not lasers.

Star Wars has lasers on top of blasters. You are a fucking retard that a simple search on Wookieepedia would have given you the answer.

Also, they're called "turbolasers", at least the towers on the death star, and they shot slow bolts of zappage. So you're a dumbass nerd who is also wrong, the worst kind of dumbass nerd.

OK fine everything is hitscan. If I shoot a bullet out of a real life gun, the universe is just bouncing literal photons around for me to see what happens so real life guns are also hitscan. Boxing is hitscan. Nothing means anything anymore anyway, ballistics identify as hitscan so who are we to question them.

If nobody cared, you fucking waste of carbon, you wouldn't have quoted me to say that nobody cares. Go blow your self important shitheaded self out of my face.

Also, they are laser rifles, laser cannons, and turbo lasers. You can read the fucking article I linked can't you or are you so inbred that you lack the ability to do so?

Invalid comparison logical fallacy, momma's reject, since we're talking games not fucking real life. God you are such a pathetic little worm that it's a wonder your single whore mother didn't abort you after birth.

If nobody cared, you fucking waste of carbon, you wouldn't have quoted me to say that nobody cares. Go blow your self important shitheaded self out of my face.

Also, they are laser rifles, laser cannons, and turbo lasers. You can read the fucking article I linked can't you or are you so inbred that you lack the ability to do so?

Invalid comparison logical fallacy, momma's reject, since we're talking games not fucking real life. God you are such a pathetic little worm that it's a wonder your single whore mother didn't abort you after birth.
I care just enough to tell you what a retard you are. I'm definitely not gonna read some fanfiction based on star wars about it. Besides, I'm right. Turbolasers shoot slow bolts of bullshit that aren't lasers in star wars, therefore, you are a retard and your mother was probably a nice lady who just didn't have enough time to raise you correctly.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I care just enough to tell you what a retard you are. I'm definitely not gonna read some fanfiction based on star wars about it. Besides, I'm right. Turbolasers shoot slow bolts of bullshit that aren't lasers in star wars, therefore, you are a retard and your mother was probably a nice lady who just didn't have enough time to raise you correctly.
Yes, you are a fucking retard. Said "fan-fiction" has sources and appearances. Did you bother to look at them?

Appearances
The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
The High Republic: Light of the Jedi audiobook
"A Coruscant Solstice"—Life Day Treasury
The High Republic: The Rising Storm

The High Republic: The Rising Storm audiobook
The High Republic: Race to Crashpoint Tower
The High Republic: Race to Crashpoint Tower audiobook
The High Republic: Midnight Horizon
The High Republic Adventures 12
The High Republic: The Fallen Star
The High Republic: Trail of Shadows 4
"Resolve"—Stories of Jedi and Sith
Padawan
Master & Apprentice
Master & Apprentice audiobook
Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn 1
"Galactic Tales: The Wesell Run" – Star Wars Insider 209
Star Wars (2015) 26 (Mentioned only)
Darth Maul (2017) 1
Darth Maul (2017) 3 (Mentioned only)
Darth Maul (2017) 4
Darth Maul (2017) 5
Age of Republic - Darth Maul 1
"The Weapon"—Age of Republic Special 1
Queen's Peril
Queen's Peril audiobook
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
"Raiders of the Lost Gundark"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 18
Age of Republic - Obi-Wan Kenobi 1
Obi-Wan and Anakin 4
Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only)
Queen's Shadow audiobook (Mentioned only)
Age of Republic - Count Dooku 1
Choose Your Destiny: An Obi-Wan & Anakin Adventure (Mentioned only)
"Galactic Tales: Inheritance" – Star Wars Insider 211
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
Jedi of the Republic – Mace Windu 2
Jedi of the Republic – Mace Windu 3
Jedi of the Republic – Mace Windu 4 (In flashback(s))
Brotherhood
"The Eye of the Beholder"—Stories of Jedi and Sith
Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales 1
Star Wars Adventures: The Clone Wars – Battle Tales 2
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
"Sharing the Same Face"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
– "Rising Malevolence"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lair of Grievous"
Age of Republic - General Grievous 1
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
"A Jedi's Duty"—Stories of Jedi and Sith (In flashback(s))
"Hostage Crisis"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
– "Padawan Lost"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Ahsoka & Padmé
"Hide and Seek"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 20
"Roger Roger"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 19
"Tales of Villainy: Trade Relations"—Star Wars Adventures (2020) 8
"Bane's Story"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Mentioned only)
"Almost a Jedi"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising

Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook
Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good
Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good audiobook
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Death on Utapau" (Mentioned only)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "In Search of the Crystal"
"Kindred Spirits" – Star Wars Insider 159
Age of Republic - Padmé Amidala 1
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Old Friends Not Forgotten"
Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shattered"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Victory and Death"
Kanan 1
Kanan 2
Darth Vader (2017) 2
Darth Vader (2017) 10
Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "Decommissioned"
Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "Reunion"
Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "Infested"
Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "War-Mantle"
Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "Return to Kamino"
Kanan 3
Darth Vader (2017) 17
Darth Vader Annual 2
Kanan 5
Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil
Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 1
Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 2
Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 3
Age of Rebellion - Darth Vader 1
Darth Vader (2017) 18
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Thrawn 6
Most Wanted
Most Wanted audiobook
Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 6
Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 7
Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 1
Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 2
Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 4
Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 5
Lando - Double or Nothing 1
Lando - Double or Nothing 2
Lando - Double or Nothing 3
Lando - Double or Nothing 4
Lando - Double or Nothing 5
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Han Solo - From Smuggler to General"
Lost Stars
Lost Stars audiobook
Lost Stars webcomic
"The End of History" – Star Wars Insider 154
Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part I"
Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part II"
Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part III"
Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part IV"
Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part V"
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Han Solo & Chewbacca 4
Han Solo & Chewbacca 5
Han Solo & Chewbacca 7
Rise of the Rebels
Ezra's Gamble
Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
The Rebellion Begins

"Ring Race"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 1
Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope"
"Rebel Bluff" – Star Wars Insider 158
Star Wars Rebels: Chopper Chase
"Too Late to Change"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 28 (In flashback(s))
Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike"
"A Day's Duty"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 15
Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
Leia, Princess of Alderaan audiobook (Mentioned only)
"The Ballad of 264"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
Star Wars: Forces of Destiny—Hera
"The Line of Duty"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Newest Recruit"
Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Accidental Allies"
"Divide and Conquer"—Star Wars Rebels Animation 2
Star Wars Rebels – "Ghosts of Geonosis"
Thrawn: Alliances
Thrawn: Alliances audiobook
Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
Star Wars Rebels – "The Occupation"
Star Wars Rebels – "Kindred"
Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
Thrawn: Treason
Thrawn: Treason audiobook
"The Sand Will Provide"—Star Wars 37
The Mighty Chewbacca in the Forest of Fear! (Mentioned only)
The Mighty Chewbacca in the Forest of Fear! audiobook (Mentioned only)
Choose Your Destiny: A Han & Chewie Adventure
"Powered Down, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 11
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Chewbacca - The Trusty Co-Pilot"
Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 2 (In flashback(s))
Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode I
Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode III

"Blood Moon Uprising"—Stories of Jedi and Sith
"The Long Game"—Age of Rebellion Special 1
"Maz's Scoundrels"—Age of Resistance Special 1
Obi-Wan 1 (In flashback(s))
Obi-Wan 2 (In flashback(s))
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures
– "Darth Vader - Power of the Dark Side"
Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel audiobook
Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation
Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "R2-D2 - A Loyal Droid"
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Han Solo - Galaxy's Best Smuggler"
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Chewie vs. Holochess - Let the Wookiee Win"
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke Skywalker – Lightsaber Training"
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Princess Leia – The Rescue"
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Han Solo – Taking Flight for his Friends"
A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy audiobook
Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
Escape from Darth Vader
Trapped in the Death Star!
Star Wars Battlefront

"The Sith of Datawork"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
"The Red One"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
"The Luckless Rodian"—From a Certain Point of View
"We Don't Serve Their Kind Here"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
"Sparks"—From a Certain Point of View
"Duty Roster"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
"Desert Son"—From a Certain Point of View
Battlefront II: Inferno Squad

Battlefront II: Inferno Squad audiobook
Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure audiobook
Han and the Rebel Rescue
Star Wars Adventures: Smuggler's Run 1
Star Wars Adventures: Smuggler's Run 2
Princess Leia 3
Chewie and the Courageous Kid
"The Trouble at Tibrin"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 4
"Mind Your Manners"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2018 (Mentioned only)
"The Bridge"—Age of Resistance Special 1
Luke and the Lost Jedi Temple
Star Wars Adventures: The Weapon of a Jedi 1
Choose Your Destiny: A Luke & Leia Adventure
Star Wars Annual (2015) 4
Star Wars (2015) 1
Star Wars (2015) 2
Darth Vader (2015) 1
Doctor Aphra: An Audiobook Original
Darth Vader (2015) 2
Darth Vader (2015) 3
Darth Vader (2015) 4
Darth Vader (2015) 5
Darth Vader (2015) 6
Darth Vader (2015) 7
Darth Vader (2015) 8
Darth Vader (2015) 9
Darth Vader (2015) 10
Darth Vader (2015) 11
Darth Vader (2015) 12
Vader Down 1
Darth Vader (2015) 13
Darth Vader (2015) 16
Doctor Aphra (2016) 1
Doctor Aphra (2016) 2 (In flashback(s))
Doctor Aphra (2016) 3
Doctor Aphra (2016) 4
Doctor Aphra (2016) 5
Doctor Aphra (2016) 7
Star Wars (2015) 32
Doctor Aphra (2016) 8
Doctor Aphra Annual 1 (In flashback(s))
Doctor Aphra (2016) 10
Doctor Aphra (2016) 11
Star Wars (2015) 35
Star Wars (2015) 36
Doctor Aphra (2016) 12
Star Wars Annual (2015) 3
Star Wars (2015) 37
Doctor Aphra (2016) 13
Doctor Aphra (2016) 14
Doctor Aphra (2016) 21
Doctor Aphra (2016) 22
Doctor Aphra (2016) 29
Star Wars (2015) 38
Star Wars (2015) 40
Star Wars (2015) 41
Star Wars (2015) 42
Star Wars (2015) 43
Star Wars (2015) 48
Star Wars (2015) 51
Star Wars (2015) 52
Star Wars (2015) 53
Star Wars (2015) 54
Star Wars (2015) 56
Star Wars (2015) 63
Star Wars (2015) 67
Doctor Aphra (2016) 33
Doctor Aphra (2016) 34
Doctor Aphra (2016) 35 (In flashback(s))
Doctor Aphra (2016) 36 (In flashback(s))
Doctor Aphra (2016) 39
Star Wars (2015) 69
Star Wars (2015) 70
Star Wars (2015) 72
Star Wars (2015) 73
Star Wars (2015) 74
Star Wars (2015) 75
Target Vader 2
Target Vader 3
Target Vader 4
Target Vader 6
Age of Rebellion - Boba Fett 1
Age of Rebellion - Jabba the Hutt 1
Age of Rebellion - Lando Calrissian 1
"Last Call at the Zero Angle" – Star Wars Insider 156 (Mentioned only)
Vader - Dark Visions 1
Vader - Dark Visions 2
"A Matter Of Perception"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 22
"Inbrief" – Star Wars Insider 161 (In flashback(s))
Battlefront: Twilight Company
Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook
"Luke on the Bright Side"—Stories of Jedi and Sith
"An Echo of Victory"—Empire Ascendant 1
"In Service to the Empire"—Empire Ascendant 1
"Two Sides to Every Sortie"—Empire Ascendant 1
"Epilogue"—Empire Ascendant 1
Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Battle of Hoth"
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke vs. Imperial Walkers - Commander on Hoth"
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Han Solo vs. the Space Slug - The Escape Artist"
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke Skywalker Trains with Master Yoda" (Vision to Luke Skywalker)
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Yoda – The Jedi Master" (In flashback(s))
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Rendezvous at Bespin"
The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
AT-AT Attack!
Captured on Cloud City

"Rendezvous Point"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
"Amara Kel's Rules for TIE Pilot Survival"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
"STET!"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
"No Time for Poetry"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars (2020) 1
Star Wars (2020) 2
Star Wars (2020) 3
Star Wars (2020) 7
Darth Vader (2020) 2
Darth Vader (2020) 3
Darth Vader (2020) 7
Darth Vader (2020) 10
Bounty Hunters 1
Bounty Hunters 2
Bounty Hunters 5
Doctor Aphra (2020) 1
Doctor Aphra (2020) 2
Doctor Aphra (2020) 3
Doctor Aphra (2020) 4
Doctor Aphra (2020) 5
Doctor Aphra (2020) 10
Bounty Hunters 12
Darth Vader (2020) 13
Doctor Aphra (2020) 17
Doctor Aphra (2020) 20
Doctor Aphra (2020) 22 (In flashback(s))
Star Wars (2020) 23
Star Wars (2020) 24
Crimson Reign 4
Darth Vader (2020) 19
Darth Vader (2020) 20
Darth Vader (2020) 21
Darth Vader (2020) 22
Darth Vader (2020) 23
Darth Vader (2020) 25
Bounty Hunters 22
Bounty Hunters 23
Bounty Hunters 24
Bounty Hunters 25
Bounty Hunters 26
TIE Fighter 1
TIE Fighter 3
TIE Fighter 4
Age of Rebellion - Princess Leia 1
Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Leia and Han - The Han Rescue" (In flashback(s))
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Princess Leia - An Unexpected Friend"
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
"Blade Squadron" – Star Wars Insider 149150
The Princess and the Scoundrel
TIE Fighter 5
Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Chopper and Friends"
"Blade Squadron: Zero Hour" – Star Wars Insider 160
"Hare-Brained Heist"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2019
Alphabet Squadron
Alphabet Squadron audiobook
Aftermath
Aftermath audiobook
Star Wars: Uprising
The Light You Bring on Electronic Arts' official website (article) (backup link)
Star Wars: Squadrons
Shadow Fall

Shadow Fall audiobook
Victory's Price
Victory's Price audiobook
Aftermath: Empire's End
Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook
Last Shot
Last Shot audiobook
Star Wars: Battlefront II
The Mandalorian
– "Chapter 1: The Mandalorian"
Star Wars: The Mandalorian Junior Novel
The Mandalorian 1
The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3: The Sin"
The Mandalorian – "Chapter 4: Sanctuary"
The Mandalorian – "Chapter 5: The Gunslinger"
The Mandalorian – "Chapter 6: The Prisoner"
The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption"
Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2 Junior Novel
The Mandalorian
– "Chapter 14: The Tragedy"
The Mandalorian – "Chapter 16: The Rescue"
The Mandalorian: The Rescue
Poe Dameron: Free Fall

Poe Dameron: Free Fall audiobook
Shadow of the Sith
The Rise of Kylo Ren 2
The Legends of Luke Skywalker
The Legends of Luke Skywalker audiobook
"Tales from Wild Space: Stop, Thief!"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 1 (Mentioned only)
Phasma
Phasma audiobook
Age of Resistance - Finn 1
"Kidnapped!"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 24
Before the Awakening
Age of Resistance - Rose Tico 1
Poe Dameron 9
Poe Dameron 19
Poe Dameron 20
Poe Dameron 22
Poe Dameron 23
Star Wars Resistance – "Station Theta Black"
Star Wars Resistance – "The First Order Occupation"
Star Wars Resistance – "The New Trooper"
Join the Resistance: Attack on Starkiller Base
Age of Resistance - General Hux 1
Star Wars Resistance – "The Core Problem"
Force Collector
Force Collector audiobook
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "An Unlikely Friendship"
Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel audiobook
Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 2"
The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron
The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron audiobook
Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
Captain Phasma 1
"Rules of the Game"—Canto Bight (Mentioned only)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition audiobook
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel audiobook
The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
Star Wars: Droid Repair Bay
Star Wars Resistance
– "The Engineer"
Star Wars Resistance – "Rendezvous Point"
Poe Dameron 26 (In flashback(s))
Resistance Reborn
Resistance Reborn audiobook
Star Wars Resistance – "Breakout"
Star Wars Resistance – "The Mutiny"
Star Wars Resistance – "The New World"
Star Wars Resistance – "Rebuilding the Resistance"
Star Wars Resistance – "The Escape"
Allegiance 1
Allegiance 2
Allegiance 3
Allegiance 4
"Secret Agent Droids, Part 3"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 29 (Indirect mention only)
Choose Your Destiny: A Finn & Poe Adventure
Spark of the Resistance

Spark of the Resistance audiobook
"Squad Goals"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 31
Galaxy's Edge 1 (In flashback(s))
Galaxy's Edge 2 (In flashback(s))
Galaxy's Edge 3
Galaxy's Edge 4
A Crash of Fate
A Crash of Fate audiobook
"Black Spire: Return to a Shattered Planet"—Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
Halcyon Legacy 1 (In flashback(s))
Halcyon Legacy 5
"The Battle for Horizon Base"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 32
"Tales from Wild Space: The Heist"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 21 (In flashback(s))
Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Kylo Ren vs. Resistance Rebels"
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition audiobook
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel audiobook

Sources​

AAT battle tank in the Encyclopedia (content now obsolete; backup link)
DDT tank in the Encyclopedia (content now obsolete; backup link)
Death Star in the Encyclopedia (content now obsolete; backup link)
Death Star in the Encyclopedia (content now obsolete; backup link)
Princess Leia Organa in the Encyclopedia (content now obsolete; backup link) (Indirect mention only)
Republic attack gunship in the Encyclopedia (content now obsolete; backup link)
Republic frigate in the Encyclopedia (content now obsolete; backup link)
Tarkin in the Encyclopedia (content now obsolete; backup link)
Trident drill assault craft in the Encyclopedia (content now obsolete; backup link)
"Rising Malevolence" Episode Guide – The Clone Wars on StarWars.com (backup link)
"Holocron Heist" Episode Guide – The Clone Wars on StarWars.com (backup link)
"Children of the Force" Episode Guide – The Clone Wars on StarWars.com (backup link)
"Landing at Point Rain" Episode Guide – The Clone Wars on StarWars.com (backup link)
Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Chewbacca - Rebel Alliance - Base Series 1)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Dak Ralter - Snowspeeder Gunner - Base Series 1)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Greedo - Bounty Hunter - Base Series 1)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Jek Porkins - X-Wing Pilot - Base Series 1)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Plo Koon - Jedi Master - Base Series 1)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: AT-AT Driver - Galactic Empire - Base Series 1)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Death Star Gunner - Galactic Empire - Base Series 1)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: AT-AT - Blueprints)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Imperial Shuttle - Blueprints)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Snowspeeder - Blueprints)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: A-wing Fighter - Blueprints)
Keeping the Peace
Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections

Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: TIE Fighter - Blueprints)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: X-wing Starfighter - Blueprints)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Darth Vader's TIE Fighter - Blueprints)
Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: Millennium Falcon - Blueprints)
Star Wars: Complete Locations
Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
Art of Coloring: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Star Wars Helmet Collection
1 (Databank A-Z: Ask Aak–Stass Allie)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Weapons & Uniforms: Bounty Hunters)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 8 (Helmets: General Grievous; Weapons & Uniforms: Imperial Droids)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Helmets: AT-AT Pilot)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Databank A-Z: Cosians–Dagobah; Helmets: Imperial Gunner; Highlights of the Saga: The Death Star)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Databank A-Z: Poe Dameron–Delta 7-B)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Databank A-Z: Dengar–Domino Squad; Helmets: AT-ST Pilot; Highlights of the Saga: The Second Death Star)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 15 (Databank A-Z: Dooku–Dwarf Spider Droids)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Weapons & Uniforms: Jabba's Skiff Guards)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 20 (Highlights of the Saga: The Capture of the Tantive IV)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 22 (Helmets: Phase I Clone Trooper)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 23 (Databank A-Z: Hassk Triplets–Holograms)
Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Activity Book with Stickers
27 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Wookiees)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Databank A-Z: Tee Watt Kaa–Kamino)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 35 (Databank A-Z: Kyber Crystals–Laser Cannons)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 45 (Databank A-Z: Petranaki Arena–Proton Torpedoes; Helmets: Odd Ball)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 48 (Helmets: First Order TIE Pilot)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 50 (Databank A-Z: Luke Skywalker–Han Solo; Helmets: Jess Pava)
Star Wars: LegionCore Set (Card: AT-RT Laser Cannon) (Reissued in AT-RT Unit Expansion)
Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition
Galactic Empire Conversion Kit (Card: Heavy Laser Cannon) (Reissued in Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit, Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit, Slave I Expansion Pack, First Order Conversion Kit, Resistance Conversion Kit, Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit, A/SF-01 B-Wing Expansion Pack, Huge Ship Conversion Kit, C-ROC Cruiser Expansion Pack, TIE/rb Heavy Expansion Pack)
Star Wars: X-Wing Second EditionRebel Alliance Conversion Kit (Card: Kashyyyk Defender)
Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
Star Wars: Build Your Own X-Wing
1 (Creating a Starship Fleet: Ralph McQuarrie – The Man Who Drew Star Wars; Starfighter Aces: Luke Skywalker – Savior of the Rebel Alliance; Rocket Science: Fighter Design; Build the X-Wing: Cockpit Canopy, Cannon, and Astromech Droid (R2-D2))
Star Wars Helmet Collection 53 (Helmets: Nien Nunb)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 55 (Highlights of the Saga: Target: The Holy City)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 67 (Helmets: B-wing Pilot)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 71 (Helmets: General Merrick)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 75 (Databank A-Z: The X-wing Starfighter; Helmets: A-wing Fighter Pilot)
Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Databank A-Z: Xev Xrexus–Yavin 4; Highlights of the Saga: The End of Endurance)
Star Wars: X-Wing Second EditionARC-170 Starfighter Expansion Pack (Card: 104th Battalion Pilot)
Star Wars: X-Wing Second EditionDelta-7 Aethersprite Expansion Pack (Card: Callibrated Laser Targeting) (Reissued in Guardians of the Republic Squadron Pack)
Star Wars: X-Wing Second EditionServants of Strife Squadron Pack (Card: Skakoan Ace)
TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
79 (Helmets: Jek Porkins)
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Cast"
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Technology"
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Score"
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
"Imperial Troops" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Star Wars: X-Wing Second EditionHMP Droid Gunship Expansion Pack (Card: Synced Laser Cannons) (Reissued in TIE/rb Heavy Expansion Pack)
"R2-D2" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
"Naboo" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Star Wars: The Lightsaber Collection
"Chapter 7: The Reckoning" Episode Guide on StarWars.com (backup link)
"Republic, Rebel, and Resistance Starfighters" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Star Wars Bust Collection 1 (Star Wars Universe: Darth Vader; Behind the Cameras: How the Death Star Was Created)
Star Wars Bust Collection 2 (Star Wars Universe: Stormtroopers)
"C-3PO" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
"Blasters and Ranged Weapons" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Star Wars - The Official Magazine 101 (Database: Before the dark times…) (Picture only)
"Aftermath" Episode Guide on StarWars.com (backup link)
Star Wars: The Vintage Collection Gaming Greats (Pack: Heavy Battle Droid) (backup link)
Star Wars Inside Intel: The Death Star on StarWars.com (article) (backup link)
Star Wars: The Secrets of the Bounty Hunters
A-wing Fighter in the Databank (backup link)
AAT Battle Tank in the Databank (backup link)
AT-ST Walker in the Databank (backup link)
AT-TE Walker in the Databank (backup link)
B-wing Fighter in the Databank (backup link)
Cardo's arm cannon in the Databank (backup link)
Energy bow in the Databank (backup link)
IG-RM Thug Droids in the Databank (backup link)
Imperial heavy TIE fighter in the Databank (backup link)
Imperial Troop Transport (ITT) in the Databank (backup link)
Mandalorian Gauntlet starfighter in the Databank (backup link)
mudhorn in the Databank (backup link)
Republic Attack Gunship in the Databank (backup link)
Republic Frigate in the Databank (backup link)
Sith Star Destroyer in the Databank (backup link)
Grand Moff Tarkin in the Databank (backup link)
the Decimator in the Databank (backup link)
The Force in the Databank (backup link)
The Phantom in the Databank (backup link)
Trash incinerator in the Databank (backup link)
Trident Drill Assault Craft in the Databank (backup link)
X-wing Starfighter in the Databank (backup link)

Oh look oh mighty mental midget it's all from official sources. Shut the fuck up princess the adults are talking.

Last edited:
Lol yeah I'm gonna get right on reading your retarded list bro. There are 3 'official' star wars sources of information. They're called Star Wars, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. They're movies that an autistic retard made that were accidentally awesome and great, even though they feature lots of cliches and just terrible dialog.

I enjoyed some of the books, especially the thrawn trilogy, but lets be honest, that shit is all basically fanfiction.

Regardless, in the three star wars movies that constitute the entirety of star wars, things called lasers shoot discrete bolts that fly decidedly slower than the speed of light. Many video games have similar 'lasers'. I enjoyed playing at least one game where they worked like actual lasers instead, it was interesting to try to actually burn something with a laser rather than pelt it with exploding 'laser' bullets that I have to lead. Lasers that you have to lead are by definition not really lasers. And also not hitscan. And no amount of lists or citations of fanfiction websites will change that.

I'm a total retard because my dad is my grandpa and uncle while my mother is a whore for the entire family. @JamesDixon is right though.
You don't say. Nice of you to admit that you're wrong.
One thing we can agree on is this idiotic argument about depictions of lasers and what constitutes hitscan (in which I am very clearly and obviously correct) is still way more engrossing and features more gameplay than star citizen ever will.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I'm a total retard because my dad is my grandpa and uncle while my mother is a whore for the entire family. @JamesDixon is right though.
You don't say. Nice of you to admit that you're wrong.
I'm a big retard. JamesDixon was right about hitscan weapons.
Yes you are a big retard. Nice of you to admit that I was right about how hitscan weapons work. See it's not so hard to admit that you're a total retard and wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom