Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Oh, I missed that post. Now I understand why he got so butthurt at my post about whales.

Myobi

Liturgist
Oh, I missed that post.
Brah... you fucking what?

That's been... like... the thing... for the last 2 or 3 pages.

It's why I wear my Legatus badge on Spectrum.

Don't worry, peasant. I will let you fly one of the ships out of my $25k+ hangar.

This is my hangar's value from the CC game. I don't have many more ships left to buy in the game, actually. You save a ton using the CCU game.

wMF2jR1.png

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Brah... you fucking what?

That's been... like... the thing... for the last 2 or 3 pages.

To be fair, I don't always read every page of a thread. Often I just open watched threads and click to the last page so that the forum doesn't stop watching them for me.

It is funny to find out after the fact why that whale felt so attacked by my post, though.

ADL

Prophet
Sat through a 16,000 queue to get on. First impressions: I was already getting 100+FPS in landing zones in 3.22 but 3.23 feels much smoother across DX11 and Vulkan(beta) renderers. CIG's upscaling looks better than FSR so if you're on Intel/AMD GPUs and you need extra frames, use that. Mind you, I'm playing at 4K so 66% render scale is still pretty high for me so ymmv. AI is entirely functional on my server at full capacity, FPS combat is tactical and brutal. The UX improvements make the game feel like a game instead of a clunky tech demo for the first time.

If it's handling the load this well right now on patch night when everyone's trying to play, there's actually a chance it'll be playable during Invictus free fly next week. Gonna play more tomorrow and figure out how much master modes fucked my ships.

Perkel

Arcane
While they introduced vulcan and upscaling, the main thread on CPU is still not multithreaded and game is severely bottlenecked by CPU. They just announced that the main thread multithreading will be in 3.23.x patch rather than 3.24/4.0 patch.

That's the patch that people should look for imho the most. Right now even with crazy CPU like mine game is barely using gpu in bigger cities due to main thread issues. They already multithreaded the render thread a while a go but the main thread is critical in achieving high fps. My gpu often sits at 50% use in places like Loreville.

Another important thing is Replication Layer. I fully expect it to broke after release at some point. The limited testing of it in EPTU is simply to small of a test to fully prepare it. Still it is kind of wild that this will be the first game that will go away with server crashes from point of player perspective. Especially in game like SC which crashes often relatively to other games.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
EDIT: Post edited, because I accidentally misquoted BuzzCutPsycho and Perkel. Thank you to Perkel for pointing this out. I believe this is sorted out now along with the logic corrections necessary.

Turns out that account witch such swag ticket is only one in less than 5000 and it can be sold for pretty penny for SC maniacs. But i keep my 0$ investment still on hold until SC will be released and billions of people will make accounts so i can become a billionaire.

Huh, so your plan, if I got this right is:

Step 1: Spend nothing.
Step 2: Billions of people make SC accounts.
Step 3: Receive $1,000,000,000!
_OkUwjUq_400x400.jpg

That's crazy! Where do I sign u... wait. :?

So right now i am 149$ on + when it comes to SC now and possibly billions of dollars on + sometimes in 2049 when it will be released.
I am very much looking forward to invictus and watch people spend 1000s of dollars into my investment. Every bit helps !

edit: Now that i think about it. SQ42 20$ pledge can't be bought now because they will be selling SQ42 for 90$ so i am not 149 but 219 dorra on plus.

So you "only" spent $149 $219 on the game?

This is my hangar's value from the CC game. I don't have many more ships left to buy in the game, actually. You save a ton using the CCU game.

wMF2jR1.png

You "only" spent $219 on the client and $25k on jpgs and not-even-jpgs-yet? And you consider this to be a 15%+ deal?

:philosoraptor:

I'd like to offer you a deal. You give me $25k now, you can pay in instalments if you wish, we can work out something that won't hurt too much after an initial downpayment bump. In 15 years, I'll either give you $30,000 dollars or nothing.

What do you say?

I think it's actually pretty cool you didn't spend a lot of money on your account. Whenever someone shows interest, I usually tell them one of a few things:

3. If you really like the game but can't spare $40, I'll buy it for you during a referral program event.

If you don't like that deal, feel free to send me a game key so I can see the investment of the future and get started on my own diversified portfolio of video game space ships.

I AM SO IN!

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Turns out that account witch such swag ticket is only one in less than 5000 and it can be sold for pretty penny for SC maniacs. But i keep my 0$ investment still on hold until SC will be released and billions of people will make accounts so i can become a billionaire.

View attachment 49494

So right now i am 149$ on + when it comes to SC now and possibly billions of dollars on + sometimes in 2049 when it will be released.
I am very much looking forward to invictus and watch people spend 1000s of dollars into my investment. Every bit helps !

edit: Now that i think about it. SQ42 20$ pledge can't be bought now because they will be selling SQ42 for 90$ so i am not 149 but 219 dorra on plus.

So you "only" spent $0 $149 $219 on the game?
Or is this separate from the billion dollar plan?

You are not quoting Buzz, you are quoting me. And yes i spent total 1$ on SC.

Perkel

Arcane
Apparently with latest patch they enabled servers to go beyond 30fps. Probably preparation for server meshing. Obviously you ain't gonna get it with current servers but occasional blips with fresh servers show evidence:

pkxq4unb240d1.png

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Apparently with latest patch they enabled servers to go beyond 30fps. Probably preparation for server meshing. Obviously you ain't gonna get it with current servers but occasional blips with fresh servers show evidence:

pkxq4unb240d1.png

Serious question: some people are hyped enough to pay mega bucks for basically a slide show experience (sub 30FPS, depending on hardware and connection, I assume) - so literally a somewhat interactive flip book of space ship jpgs?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
EDIT: Post edited, because I accidentally misquoted BuzzCutPsycho and Perkel. Thank you to Perkel for pointing this out. I believe this is sorted out now along with the logic corrections necessary.

View attachment 49494

So you "only" spent $149 $219 on the game?

wMF2jR1.png

You "only" spent $219 on the client and $25k on jpgs and not-even-jpgs-yet? And you consider this to be a 15%+ deal?

:philosoraptor:

I'd like to offer you a deal. You give me $25k now, you can pay in instalments if you wish, we can work out something that won't hurt too much after an initial downpayment bump. In 15 years, I'll either give you $30,000 dollars or nothing.

What do you say?

I think it's actually pretty cool you didn't spend a lot of money on your account. Whenever someone shows interest, I usually tell them one of a few things:

3. If you really like the game but can't spare $40, I'll buy it for you during a referral program event.

If you don't like that deal, feel free to send me a game key so I can see the investment of the future and get started on my own diversified portfolio of video game space ships.

I AM SO IN!
Game ain't even out and we already got a swaps, derivatives and futures market going on here. :lol:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

pkxq4unb240d1.png

Serious question: some people are hyped enough to pay mega bucks for basically a slide show experience (sub 30FPS, depending on hardware and connection, I assume) - so literally a somewhat interactive flip book of space ship jpgs?

Server FPS is something different to client FPS. Server FPS refers to the server tick rate. You can get good FPS on the client while the server is performing like trash.

As an example, you could be getting 100fps, but it takes you 30 seconds to move something from the inventory into your hand, or you go into an enemy area and the NPC enemies take 30 seconds to react to your presence, etc. Ironically enough, a lot of players used to prefer servers having low server FPS because it made ground missions trivial. You could clear out an entire bunker of NPCs before they even realised that you were there. Dunno if that's been fixed in the meantime, but I wouldn't be surprised if not.

When the server FPS is actually good (usually only a few minutes after a server started), the enemy ground AI is monstrously good. They'll blow your brains out the moment you peek around a corner. But most people have never experienced that because the servers are always trash.

BuzzCutPsycho

Novice

pkxq4unb240d1.png

His screenshot is of the server, not client FPS. On my computer, I am well over 100+ FPS even in the most unoptimized environments. And that is with every server running debug mode 24/7.

But to answer why? Because it's fun. No other game lets me do all of this at the same time in one product.

I upset poor people by flaunting my disposable income on JPEG ships. So many that I forget which ones I own.

I kill PvE space dad carebears while they're trying to haul cargo or do mundane tasks.

I take down sweaty PvP nerds using off-meta builds.

All in one massive, seamless universe.

Perkel

Arcane
next update confirmed to be 4.0 with server meshing and pyro system + bunch of other stuff.

It is so weird to finally see it haha.

BuzzCutPsycho

Novice
next update confirmed to be 4.0 with server meshing and pyro system + bunch of other stuff.

It is so weird to finally see it haha.

I will believe it when I see it. Honestly meshing is make or break. I've genuinely been shocked by the quality of 3.23 when compared to 3.18. I'm also beyond excited for the respawn changes.

Perkel

Arcane
4.0 next patch features which is suppose to go live in 2024Q3 (no way it will release in Q3 lol)

The following feature cards have been added to Release View, targeting a release with Alpha 4.0.

Server Meshing V1​

The initial implementation of Server Meshing enables multiple servers per shard to improve load distribution and facilitates navigation between two solar systems.

Mission System Refactor​

Reworking the underlying Mission System to become compatible with Server Meshing, allowing for easier creation and maintenance of mission content.

Transit System Refactor​

Reworking the Transit System used for trams and elevators to be compatible with Server Meshing as well as generally more robust.

Pyro I​

Pyro I is the first planet from the sun of the Pyro system. Its thick, high-pressure atmosphere hides a strange landscape beset by powerful winds and lightning strikes. Under the clouds, there is an ecosystem of plants and animals that endure its extremely high temperatures, even during powerful stellar flares.

Pyro II - Monox​

Monox (Pyro II) is the second planet from the sun of the Pyro system. Nicknamed "Monox" for the deadly carbon monoxide in its atmosphere, it has a temperate climate, and was seen as a viable candidate for terraforming shortly after its discovery. However, its proximity to the system's volatile sun made it dangerous for Human habitation, and the United Nations of Earth (UNE) refused to clear it for terraformation, instead allowing corporations to harvest its natural resources. Undeterred by the potential risk, outlaws eventually took up residence on the planet when the last corporations pulled out of Pyro in the 26th century.

Pyro III - Bloom​

Bloom (Pyro III) is the third planet from the sun of the Pyro system. Cold but naturally habitable, it became the epicenter of mining endeavors in Pyro. Pyrotechnic Amalgamated and other corporations constructed multiple staging sites, employees barracks, and processing centers that were in use until the cost of their maintenance could no longer be offset by mining profits. Abandoned when the last active corporations in Pyro ceased operations there in the late 26th century, they were claimed by squatters, outlaws, and former miners who lacked the means to return to the United Empire of Earth.

Pyro IV​

Pyro IV is the outermost moon of Pyro V, and astronomers theorize that it was once the fourth planet from the sun of the Pyro system. At some point before Humans discovered Pyro, a massive celestial body collided with Pyro IV, catastrophically warping its landscape, destroying its atmosphere, and knocking it into the orbit of nearby gas giant Pyro V. Although the tectonic activity that resulted from this impact has quieted and a new atmosphere has formed, Pyro IV is far from stable. It is on a long, slow collision course with Pyro V, and will one day either crash into it or break up into a ring.

Pyro V​

Pyro V is the fourth planet from the sun of the Pyro system. It was given the classification of "Pyro V" when researchers came across strong evidence that its outermost moon once maintained a stable orbit around the system's star between Pyro III and Pyro V. When it was struck by an unknown celestial body, it was knocked into Pyro V's gravitational sphere of influence. Residents of and travelers through the Pyro system are known to harvest hydrogen from Pyro V's green and yellow atmosphere.

Pyro VI - Terminus​

Terminus (Pyro VI) is the outermost world of the Pyro system. Its nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere is technically breathable, but contains high enough amounts of methane and carbon dioxide that it has a negative effect on one's health after extended exposure. Pyrotechnic Amalgamated placed their main hub of operations in orbit around Terminus, later abandoning the station when they left the system.

Ignis​

Ignis is the innermost moon of the gas giant Pyro V, Pyro system. The multiple canyons and dry riverbeds on its surface suggest that liquid water once flowed there in the distant past. Its frigid average temperature and deadly atmosphere of sulfur dioxide creates an unfriendly environment for those who lack proper protective equipment. Nonetheless, the moon sometimes sees visitors seeking to resupply their air reserves thanks to the small amount of oxygen in the atmosphere.

Vatra​

Vatra is the second moon from the gas giant Pyro V, Pyro system. Its thick, high-pressure atmosphere of nitrogen and methane supports an ecosystem of plants that subsist on hydrocarbons instead of carbon dioxide. Some water is present on Vatra in the form of ice, but it is too cold on the surface for it to exist in a liquid state.

Adir​

Adir is the third moon from the gas giant Pyro V, Pyro system. Jagged mountains and rocky hills dominate its crater-ridden landscape. Because it lacks a protective atmosphere that would otherwise break apart most approaching celestial objects, its surface sees frequent impacts. The air is permeated with fine particles of dust that are generated during these events.

Fairo​

Fairo is the fourth moon from the gas giant Pyro V, Pyro system. A hotbed of seismic activity, Fairo experiences frequent earthquakes that disturb its deep oceans of brackish water. The moon has an unusual ecosystem that thrives both on the surface and under the sea, supported by the carbon dioxide and nitrogen in Fairo's dense atmosphere.

Fuego​

Fuego is the fifth moon from the gas giant Pyro V, Pyro system. Relatively temperate but still cold, it has a mostly carbon dioxide atmosphere with small percentages of nitrogen, sulfur dioxide, and oxygen. High amounts of iron-sulfide in its soil gives its surface a yellow and black appearance. Infamous smuggler group Headhunters often utilized Fuego as a stash point for goods during their nascent years in the early 2600s.

Vuur​

Vuur is the sixth moon from the gas giant Pyro V, Pyro system. Thanks to an increased greenhouse effect in its dense carbon dioxide atmosphere, it is unusually warm for a moon so distant from its sun. Its carbon-rich soil supports forms of vegetation that utilize crystalline carbon in their base structures. Before the system was overtaken by outlaws in the early 27th century, these plants were a popular subject of research among botanists.

Pyro Space Stations​

Adding rundown rest stop stations to the Pyro system, which provide basic services such as repair, sustenance, and commerce.

Outposts - Colonialism​

A small home for AI to live and shelter. They consist of a central hub and a few optional internal and external modules. They provide the basic necessities to support a small group of people for an indefinite amount of time.

Jump Points​

Implementing the first jump point into the persistent universe, connecting the Stanton and Pyro systems together. Includes necessary vehicle items and functionality, the jump points themselves, and their inner tunnels.

Solar Burst​

Solar Bursts are dangerous natural disasters that happen regularly around older stars like Pyro. In these instances, the sun erupts with an high energy particle wave, generated from its surface, traveling at 15% the speed of light through the entire star-system. This dangerous high energy particle wave can be avoided by hiding behind other objects that are big enough.

Life Support​

Implementing the first iteration of onboard life support systems in ships, which entails a ship component that generates breathable gas when turned on, and management of said life support component within the vehicle loadout manager.

Engineering​

Allows players to manage, maintain and repair various ship systems. Players can assume different roles that each provide a unique gameplay loop. With Engineering Gameplay, players have to contend with item degradation, malfunctions, and power management.

Charge/Drain​

Adding the ability for players to drain, store, and charge objects with power using the multi-tool. Includes the ability to overcharge objects and also remove distortion damage.

Multi-Tool Updates​

Raising the multi-tool up to the standard from Squadron 42, with additional functionality like cutting (for specific scenarios), repair, and updates like improved handling, integrated UI, and the use of batteries to operate it.

Fire Hazard​

Implementing the Fire Hazard system, which tracks fire & temperature on static and dynamic objects. For the initial release, fire will be set up on a select few vehicles.

Fire Extinguisher​

All tasks required to implement functioning fire extinguishers in-game. This feature will work alongside the fire hazard system.

MFD Rework and New Displays​

Rebuilding ship multi-function displays in Building Blocks, including new design, functionality, and customization options. This update also includes a select number of updated ship HUDs, giving greater visibility as well as a manufacturer-based visual overhaul.

Quasi Grazer​

These large, warm-blooded herd animals were originally discovered on the vast plains of Quasi on Terra. Most notable for their unusual method of carrying their eggs on their underside, the Quasi grazer has become one of the standard seed animals and there can be commonly found on most terraformed planets in the UEE.

Additional Player Customization​

Following the release of the new character customizer in Alpha 3.23, this update adds additional hair and facial hair options, as well as face piercings.

RSI Zeus MkII ES​

Building, balancing, and implementing RSI's small multi-crew ship, the Zeus MkII ES, into the game.

The following cards have been added to Release View, released in Alpha 3.23.0:

Mirai Pulse​

Building, balancing, and implementing Mirai's hover bike, the Pulse, into the game.

Mirai Pulse LX​

Building, balancing, and implementing Mirai's racing bike, the Pulse LX, into the game.

The following cards have passed their final review for Alpha 3.23.1, therefore we are toggling their status to Committed:

Aegis Retaliator - Gold Standard​

Updating the Aegis Retaliator to gold standard, including the introduction of modular rooms. The torpedo and cargo rooms will be available in this initial release, with more to come in the future.

Vehicle Modularity​

Implementing the ability to swap modular sections of certain vehicles to change their function. This initial release contains the torpedo and cargo room modules for the Aegis Retaliator, with additional modules and vehicles to be added in the future.

Perkel

Arcane
How do you feel about the respawn changes? Devs posted in my big thread about it.

For now imho it is ok. But once they make servers and game rock solid and polished then they should implement fully "death of a spacemen" design.
One of they key issues with MMOs in general is that playing risky has almost not consequences which in return removes fun.

I still don't know how will basebuilding work without single shard and how nullsec will work with that.

Myobi

Liturgist
Let me see if I understand this, CIG made a nightmare of a respawn system, sold you the solution for it up to a thousand dollars and now they are changing all that while doing a sale on the said solution? Bhahahahahahahah!

BuzzCutPsycho

Novice
Let me see if I understand this, CIG made a nightmare of a respawn system, sold you the solution for it up to a thousand dollars and now they are changing all that while doing a sale on the said solution? Bhahahahahahahah!
Wrong. All med beds get spawn points. Basically like AMS from PlanetSide. Trucks from WW2OL. Etc.

Also this is how it used to be. It is just a return to that.

Myobi

Liturgist
Wrong. All med beds get spawn points. Basically like AMS from PlanetSide. Trucks from WW2OL. Etc.

Also this is how it used to be. It is just a return to that.
.... and didn't you need a space ship with a medbay or something to spawn on said... space ship ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom