Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Scorn - another Giger influenced horror game released after long developement

Curratum

A 3.5 out of 5 from GameInformer is usually the mercy mark for a shockingly mediocre game that they just didn't want to be too mean to.

GloomFrost

Arcane
So far Scorn is the prime candidate for the biggest disappointment of 2022 category. 7 years in development for badly optimised 4 hour walking simulator with mediocre combat, retarded puzzles and an awful ending. Oh well...

Nelka

Educated
Boring ass walking simulator, I almost fell asleep playing it. Not worth $40, not even worth the 5 minutes I spent torrenting it.
Very likely it just suffered a few concept reboots and ended up being an uninteresting walking simulator with occassional puzzles just to save a project and finally release *anything*

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
As far as I can tell from Steam reviews,

+ superb art direction and atmosphere
+ great sound design
+ really well optimised game, running at consistent 100-120 FPS

- no plot or mystery
- shit combat
- shit puzzles
- boring
- total game length is like 5 or 6 hours (some say they completed it in 1.5 hours)

Sounds like a tech demo that costs $40. What an abortion (pun intended)

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
So far Scorn is the prime candidate for the biggest disappointment of 2022 category. 7 years in development for badly optimised 4 hour walking simulator with mediocre combat, retarded puzzles and an awful ending. Oh well...

I got some ideas how this game should have been called. Not Scorn, but

- Bored
- Snore
- Chore
- Yawn

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
There was a p good critique of "Prometheus" on YT years ago that I wasn't able to find since, where the author pointed out how the Alien franchise discarded the sheer "alienness" of the first movie.

Prometheus and Covenant are some of the worst shits I have ever watched in my entire life

Saying Prometheus is shit because "it discarded the alienness" or because "it tried to explain everything" is giving it too much credit

It's really shit for a million reasons. The plot, the script, the acting, the dialogue, are all turds

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
if the game really is only 5-6 hours or so, then it's clear that this game is clearly a passion project in terms of art direction and atmosphere - but the cost of all of the focus being directed at that is that the actual game itself suffers

Seeker
In My Safe Space
So I tried playing this and it's extremely boring.
I'm not against puzzles but all I do here is walking slowly from similar places and trying to figure out what to do with the levers.
Hard pass from me.

Fargus

Arcane
So just a cool looking walking sim after all? Disappointing, but not unexpected. Maybe i'll pick it up when it's 75% off half a year from now on.

Curratum

You know that the 8 years of development are a lie, right? And they very likely just did other jobs during most of that time, without touching this game? Because there were chunks of footage years and years ago, showing so many of the same assets that are now in a game that looks largely gameplayless and small in terms of general area too...

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
You know that the 8 years of development are a lie, right? And they very likely just did other jobs during most of that time, without touching this game? Because there were chunks of footage years and years ago, showing so many of the same assets that are now in a game that looks largely gameplayless and small in terms of general area too...
Didn't Microsoft buy them out or something?

toughasnails

Interestingly enough, both from browsing its thread and seeing other comments about from here and there, SOMA is p loved around here...
The main difference would be that SOMA has much more conventionally presented story.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What a damn shame. I really liked the Beksinski and H.R. Giger tone and aesthetic. Game ends up being a glorified Demo. Another fucking disappointment.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
There's still that PST/Dark Souls hybrid lul.
Which one is that? I am intrigued.

This thing:

The dev made a post here and declared this is first and foremost a PST clone with some Dark Souls visuals with Beksinski inspired art. It goes without saying those tall claims were met with some level of... scorn here in the Codex, but hey, its out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom