Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

:cry: why do developers hate final bosses... those battles are the ones that stay in history books.

Edit: fuckers trying to be edgy... "bosses are to videogamey"

You have to agree, bosses kind of don't fit a cinematic experience. You usually lose once or twice to bosses, the immersion and emotional connection are severely hurt when that happens...

Psquit

Arcane
:cry: why do developers hate final bosses... those battles are the ones that stay in history books.

Edit: fuckers trying to be edgy... "bosses are to videogamey"

You have to agree, bosses kind of don't fit a cinematic experience. You usually lose once or twice to bosses, the immersion and emotional connection are severely hurt when that happens...

go watch a movie if you want immersion. I remember dying more than 4 times with the master in fallout 1 and that didnt ruin the "immersion".

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I _hate_ final bosses. Seriously. It's like making it to the last chapter of a book and not being able to read it beause suddenly everything is written in a fucking weird language hard to access. I can't count the number of jRPGs where I made it to the final boss, and watched the rest on youtube.

Psquit

Arcane
I _hate_ final bosses. Seriously. It's like making it to the last chapter of a book and not being able to read it beause suddenly everything is written in a fucking weird language hard to access. I can't count the number of jRPGs where I made it to the final boss, and watched the rest on youtube.

well, i like final bosses... mother 2 and 3 have great final bosses some final fantasy games have awesome bosses. Whats wrong with having some bosses? if demon crest didnt have any bosses the game would be shit.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just hate *annoying* final bosses. It's not an all or nothing thing.

The final boss always should be a challenge, even on normal difficulty. That's what I like about arcade shooters or Chrono Trigger. The japanese school of development surely have a big boss section. Resident Evil 3 with Nemezis is probably my favourite, great idea and execution. On the other side is NWN 2 with it's horrible endgame. Ok, you killed one boss, but then it's another. And after that, surprise! I have both expansions, but didn't play it after that. Since MotB is so highly acclaimed on 'dex I'll try.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
In Soviet Russia the only way to play FFVII was to fire it up in an 8bit Russian NES knockoff. Thankfully it has been translated for our enjoyment :

FF7NES.jpg

In futuristic San Fransisco, you may end up choosing a dumpster over the Ritz :

pandora.jpg

Where the hell is MCA ?

arcanumca.jpg

Astral Rag

Arcane
:lol:

Yes I fought the disgusting crowds at Pax and managed to take a picture of the preview build.

Zeriel

Arcane
oh7Dbnk.jpg

Strange flying machine wreck at a forest clearing ( Sacred 1, 1024x768 ).

Curious, did you have issues with Sacred 1's graphics flickering horribly and uncontrollably whenever you move? I loved it back in the day on a CRT monitor, but every time I've tried to play it on a modern computer, it's been unplayably glitchy in the visuals department.

Zeriel

Arcane
glitchy in the visuals department

Try force V sync off in drivers and add "WAITRETRACE : 0" to settings.cfg. You'll get screen tearing, but flicker on textures is gone.

Yeah, I've tried all the vsync forcing and config file changes, just never helped any with Sacred 1. Going to keep this filed under "shit is borked up no matter what I do", regrettably.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, I've tried all the vsync forcing and config file changes, just never helped any with Sacred 1. Going to keep this filed under "shit is borked up no matter what I do", regrettably.
Sometimes different kinds of AA can cause this.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's time.

01.jpg

:hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom