Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
2012-12-05-bioshock_infinite_cosplay4.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

:bounce:

Although I suppose I'd get more masturbatory material out of Tomb Raider, but... Eh. Can't be assed.

Psquit

Arcane
CAN I HAS JIMMYS?!
NO!

okay...
hskHFVi.jpg

JUST LIKE RIDING A BIKE!!!!

CXiNt4b.jpg

riding a bike...riding a bike... THIS IS JIMMY!!!!

circ

Arcane
Ok. I may have misjudged FONV. Or not. Have not made it to the strip yet, things might change dramatically. Didn't bother with anything Legion related - just sniping them at every opportunity. Failed a sidequest because of it but I can live with that.

This is really nothing like FO3. Places feel alive. And although I bitched about the exploration, everything pretty much serves a purpose unlike FO3 which is just stupid with 2 people in a town acting like zombies. There are performance issues like fucking jiggery movement but whatever.

RxiOdVs.jpg

Found two shitty side quests so far though. Space ghouls was horrible back tracking fuck this shit shit, and vault 22 was a similar boring venture why do I even bother.

Psquit

Arcane
Ok. I may have misjudged FONV. Or not. Have not made it to the strip yet, things might change dramatically. Didn't bother with anything Legion related - just sniping them at every opportunity. Failed a sidequest because of it but I can live with that.

This is really nothing like FO3. Places feel alive. And although I bitched about the exploration, everything pretty much serves a purpose unlike FO3 which is just stupid with 2 people in a town acting like zombies. There are performance issues like fucking jiggery movement but whatever.

RxiOdVs.jpg

Found two shitty side quests so far though. Space ghouls was horrible back tracking fuck this shit shit, and vault 22 was a similar boring venture why do I even bother.

That quest was kinda funny. Seeing that fat bald guy get frustrated because the ghouls bros left him behind was hilarious.

Multi-headed Cow

is the game worth playing? does it have a final boss? does it have bosses?
If you played and liked Bioshock then yes, if you never played Bioshock then I'd say yes, if you played and didn't like Bioshock then no.

It doesn't really have a final boss, it just has a rough final battle.

It does have bosses.

Psquit

Arcane
is the game worth playing? does it have a final boss? does it have bosses?
If you played and liked Bioshock then yes, if you never played Bioshock then I'd say yes, if you played and didn't like Bioshock then no.

It doesn't really have a final boss, it just has a rough final battle.

It does have bosses.

:cry: why do developers hate final bosses... those battles are the ones that stay in history books.

Edit: fuckers trying to be edgy... "bosses are to videogamey"

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you had played Bioshock you wouldn't think it's a bad thing not to have a final boss.

Multi-headed Cow

Kinda what Tuluse said. The final boss of Bioshock was pretty much shit (And honestly Bioshock 1's ending was largely a letdown (The in-game ending that is, I thought the good side cutscene ending was alright)) and even the bosses in Infinite aren't all that great. The big final battle in Infinite's kind of a more satisfying fight since you've got a variety of enemies to fight and use powers on. So you even have basic minions to use plasmids on instead of the boss just being immune to your floating enemies in the air attacks and shit.

Boss battles definitely can be good but Irrational hasn't really shown they're good at them.

Psquit

Arcane
Kinda what Tuluse said. The final boss of Bioshock was pretty much shit (And honestly Bioshock 1's ending was largely a letdown (The in-game ending that is, I thought the good side cutscene ending was alright)) and even the bosses in Infinite aren't all that great. The big final battle in Infinite's kind of a more satisfying fight since you've got a variety of enemies to fight and use powers on. So you even have basic minions to use plasmids on instead of the boss just being immune to your floating enemies in the air attacks and shit.

Boss battles definitely can be good but Irrational hasn't really shown they're good at them.

True but i miss cool boss battles with differents forms and shit... it add epicness to the end game.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I didn't like bioshock 1 and I liked Infinite. The weapons feel so much better, I couldn't stand them in the original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom