Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I installed S2 again about a week ago. Got bored in under an hour.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Man, this game is SO GOOD at some things, like the combat, the boss battles, how powerfull the sword fell as it kills and slice enemies in half, how glorious is to fire the cannon...

6C5826EDE1849431543D3A30C0523DF12D4A2FFD

Seriously, battling Zodd is amazing. In human form he keeps attacking and countering very hard, with no easy way hit him. When he goes into monster form, he's extremely agressive and kicks your ass hard, but if you conter his attack you can cut his right arm off, which leaves his right side vunerable to attacks... but he grabs his arm and uses it as a club, so he does more damage, and eventually "place" it back and return to normal.

DtuA0Qc.jpg

Sadly, the level design is ATROCIOUS, the enemies are repetitive and annoying (but never dangerous), there's a load screen every 5 feet and the UI doesn't work well on emulators... oh yeah, and it's japanese only.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Vanilla Morrowind is still the best Morrowind
Morrowind2013-03-2815-28-46-88_zps738ba83b.png

Help! I'm Being objectified!
Morrowind2013-03-2802-29-26-97_zps09c9faab.png

Undead drama queens.
Morrowind2013-03-2814-56-51-69_zps68882ece.png

I'm on the right path.
Morrowind2013-03-2815-59-14-64_zpsf92bc512.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
yeah, all these graphic enhancing mods take away the feeling of isolation and unsettling atmosphere. the only ones that are good are better bodies and faces and that's all.

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
Nice. Glad you like it.
I personally wasn't able to devote time to long missions without having the ability to save within missions (seriously...what was
Turbo Tape Games thinking??).

Hope the game holds up stability wise. Don't know if you are aware but, despite this being barely a year old, NW:AC is no longer
supported by the dev or the publisher (meaning no more patches). :mad:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice. Glad you like it.
I personally wasn't able to devote time to long missions without having the ability to save within missions (seriously...what was
Turbo Tape Games thinking??).

Hope the game holds up stability wise. Don't know if you are aware but, despite this being barely a year old, NW:AC is no longer
supported by the dev or the publisher (meaning no more patches). :mad:
No, I haven't experienced any bugs so far and it's perfectly stable, however there was/were some patch(es) not long ago, as I read on the Steam forum. Current version is 1.0.9.4

circ

Arcane
HOOKAY.

I try this. What I am missing am? It's more of the same garbage. Only now you see that Obsidian in their old fashion can't even optimize Bethesda's badly optimaazd routines and shit is positively jerky-town.

So I make-a the explore, ignore some quest it throws at me. HMMM KEEP OUT WHAT DIS? OH SHIT STRANGE BEES INSTA KILL ME. OK. Well that never happened in FO3. Wow what an improvement.

aLSO nOTICe IrON SIGHTS lolo lolol. Ok. Also notice IRON SIGHTS are shit. I mean honestly has no one at Obsidian ACTUALLY held or fired real guns or rifles? And it even wants to call it True Ironsights or something. WHAAAT? No seriously, atleast call it Obsidian's fucked up idea of Ironsights that don't actually aim like real guns at all lololol this shit. Yeah fuck that you're getting turned off piece of shit.

Kill bees eventually and bump into bandits. Die again. HOOKAY. NO MORE NOW I KILL U.

Notice that headshots are cruise control for insta kills pretty much. Ok problem SOLVED. Get a bunch of levels for no reason, probably because I'm suddenly killing shit out of my league by sneaky headshots. Things turn positively easy.

MbqnpYC.jpg

Tested (IMPROVED WUT??) Ironsights. MOAR LIKE SHITSIGHTS AM I RITE?

6HXx6Ww.jpg

Obsidian still getting their art done offsite by blind mutated ratpeople.

MznyYLm.jpg

KICKING ASS. Bandit ass. Thought killing a group so hard would get me something other than gear. LIKE TREASAR. But no fuck you you get nothing loserman. OH WELL. OH YEAH. Moar ARTFAIL. Not only have OBSIDIAN never looked down iron sights, they've never even seen rifles. What the fuck is that??

Will stop exploring, because it's as shitty as in the first and try out this AMAZING NPC interaction and questlols, which I frankly didn't see any of with the first few NPC's I interacted with. Codex bullshitting again I suspect.

EDIT: oh yea. Mapping 2, well PERMAMAPPING the 2 key to some kind of ammo switch shit? Why? What sort of ammo am I supposed to switch? Can't you make it another key, not the key I use for YOU KNOW GUNZ? Fucking assholes.

circ

Arcane
Could have fooled me. That headstock looks mongoloid. Also forgot. Am about to get back into it and start questing. WHAT'S UP WITH LOOSING KARMA WHEN YOU TAKE SHIT FROM OBVIOUSLY UNLAWFUL FIEND BANDITS? WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR SHIT? HOW IS THAT AN EVIL ACT? THEY'RE ALL DEAD TOO. REALLY OBSIDIAN?

Multi-headed Cow

Multi-headed Cow deserves more love. Post some more waifu pics!
D'awwwww. :love:

WHAT'S UP WITH LOOSING KARMA WHEN YOU TAKE SHIT FROM OBVIOUSLY UNLAWFUL FIEND BANDITS?
Karma means jack shit in FNV. The only thing it influences is a few perks, I believe. NPCs react based on area-specific reputation, not karma. They could've dropped it entirely.

And the AMAZING NPC INTERACTION and questlols comes largely from the fact that there are 3 (4ish) different factions you can do for the end, which rejiggers a significant amount of quests depending on who you're working for when you tackle them.

Hellraiser

Arcane
RON21.png

"The world has changed much in the past one hundred years and so did Nubia. The sciences have given men machines capable of most astounding things. Scholars have unlocked the secrets of electricity turning night into day, horses were made obsolete thanks to petroleum and the farthest reaches of the republic were merely a few days away thanks to the railways. They said the world has changed for the better, but did war or humanity for that matter change for the better as well?"

RON22.png

"Man learned to fly, he used this knowledge to kill fellow men from the skies."

RON23.png

"Man has mastered the element of fire, he used it to burn fellow men alive."

RON24.png

"Man has made the once deadly oceans his second home, he used them to conquer and enslave fellow men on the other shore."

RON25.png

"Man has split the atom unleashing unimaginable power, he used it to murder hundreds of thousands in an instant, all of them fellow men. The Gods wept as they saw what man has done with all their creation." - Excerpts from a diary of an unknown Nubian soldier found after the war for Greenland, inscribed upon the Malao memorial.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Karma means jack shit in FNV. The only thing it influences is a few perks, I believe.
There's at least one instance where karma affects dialogue, but yeah, it's pretty much completely meaningless. It's also completely broken in about every possible way, because getting bad karma requires some serious effort. If you murder a defenseless woman in cold blood and then kill a couple of "evil" raiders in self defense, the karma meter will tell you that you're basically Jesus Christ.

circ

Arcane
Okie dokie. Got maself some sexy time armor and found a non mashed up dicks and balls rifle from some guy who started shooting me in the face in Primm.

pqUA6Tn.jpg

Started some questinging. Noob intro was much better than FO3's idiotic stuff. I guess that would be the Survivalist guide. Here it was just a quick shoot the GECKOS mission and find some reagents. BUT DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE GECKOS SO GODDAMN CUTE OBSHITIAN? I CAN'T SHOOT THEM FELLERS.

Also reagents for campfire. Fuck that. You can't make out shit. It's usually a good idea to up the resolution or not bother at all with systems like that.

Anyway questing moar. Some guy wanted me to rescue his girl from geckos, grrr. And then tried to shoot me. WELL BUDDY. BULLET'S ON YOU. NO CHARGE.

Already liking NPC's better. And some help some caravan guy with gangers quest. Even though exploration is pretty much a bag of dicks still.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Decline, BF3 confirmed to be subtle brain washing male bonding simulator

1qyfll.png

228e7j.png

3joian.png

4h2f0l.png

5ktdba.png

6s0fyw.png

7hiilb.png

8iffmk.png

9qseui.png

1012eh1.png

11y2i0j.png

12kjeyv.png

139miqk.png

14mvcd9.png

Bros, just take a look at their eyes, knifing sure is fun in this g...

15k4fwq.png

Oh... :(

Machocruz

Arcane
So getting to New Vegas early in the game is trivially easy. I don't know what all the QQ about being prevented from getting there is about. I came up against not one enemy more powerful than measly bark scorpion. Saw one death claw and 3 hostile mutants in the distance (after Neil's shack), and that's it. No help, no guide, didn't even have a concrete plan or route. Of course it took a minute and wasn't worth the trip.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom