Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Keep in mind the game is only 3-4 hours long. It's more of a nostalgia trip.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Morrowind is an extremely gorgeous game, but why do you have to take crappy screenshots, dannyfx1 ? :eek:

potatojohn

Arcane
2sqc8g0.png

:mca:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's not the mods I'm complaining about, rather the bad angle, bad third person view, and bad subjects of the photos :(

MetalCraze

Arcane
Durr shooters are dum dats why those retards from Neogaf like to slurp shit like AAA Far Cry 3 Trying Too Hard Trash up, amirite?

Fortunately there's a game for stupid people like me who want something else but incline shooters with health regen, auto-target and quest compass from awesome Ubisoft that makes nothing but quality games since 3 weeks ago!

Quality games like Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rainbow Six Patriots and Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

(It was very evil publisher before that, had evil DRM and bad games!)

3Ob8S1E.jpg

pYS91qW.jpg

dXdgm8o.jpg

cGcPT4s.jpg

hULSWAn.jpg

FMi5kVa.jpg

Mole detected!

D0sRqmr.jpg

Mole popped!

zAwus6v.jpg

Viktor Reznov? In my ArmA?

yyj6SaX.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
third person view

I always play in 3rd person, because I find it strange to play as a floating ghost hovering above ground. I need to see the animated body in the environment, observe the correct light on genuine textures. Morrowind blends well. You can see nice color gradient and distinctive perspective layers.

Too bad the puppet you are controling obstructs some of the view.

DraQ

Arcane
I always play in 3rd person, because I find it strange to play as a floating ghost hovering above ground.
You can still rotate your camera (by holding down the TPP/FPP switch key) - no one is interested in looking at your male dunmer ass.

Also maxed out visibility slider or even slightly beyond max default value (with MGE) is better.
Doesn't break the illusion of scale, but lets you see more than just fucking fog.

Subjects are good.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Morrowind, you say? Here's some old-ish ones from my last playthrough attempt (2009, holy shit that's long ago). Obviously using better bodies and MGE with max view distance.

MGEScreenshot88_zpsed9347dd.jpg

MGEScreenshot81_zpsb3aa85c4.jpg

MGEScreenshot77_zps422d31fd.jpg

MGEScreenshot73_zps94bbd37d.jpg

MGEScreenshot68_zps86f43c4d.jpg

MGEScreenshot50_zpsd7e93534.jpg

MGEScreenshot49_zps52538f43.jpg

MGEScreenshot42_zps8bf7cf48.jpg

MGEScreenshot37_zps104c1abb.jpg

MGEScreenshot30_zps456d5acb.jpg

MGEScreenshot25_zpsa0c4c7ba.jpg

MGEScreenshot15_zps6ca7d4ff.jpg

MGEScreenshot12_zpsdf55e728.jpg

MGEScreenshot24_zpsfe0743d4.jpg

MGEScreenshot6_zpse2756343.png

MGEScreenshot4_zps4812b511.png

MGEScreenshot3_zps295f2141.jpg

MGEScreenshot2_zps5ebc199f.jpg

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Holy fuck, I've been in the mood for Quake 3 for a while now. Maybe it's high time I had a look at Quake Live.

Destroid

Arcane
Why is it that id keep making Doom games these days, I always thought the Quake series was more successful?

DraQ

Arcane
Morrowind, you say? Here's some old-ish ones from my last playthrough attempt (2009, holy shit that's long ago). Obviously using better bodies and MGE with max view distance.
Disapproving of:

-oversaturated colours
-shitty retextures
-draw distance
-MGE version (latest stable from the looks of it, but it looks worse than vanilla, if you want MGE use newest beta)

:1/5: total and no
:bro:.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Holy fuck, I've been in the mood for Quake 3 for a while now. Maybe it's high time I had a look at Quake Live.

This is regular Q3, the map I'm playing is the Dreamcast version of Lost World which is slightly different.

I don't play Live because of the business model and the closed nature of the game, also no gore...

Astral Rag

Arcane
Why is it that id keep making Doom games these days, I always thought the Quake series was more successful?

It's not with consoletards, that's carmack's target now after all. For them multiplayer deathmatch FPS classic means Halo or if they're older Goldeneye/Perfect Dark.

Yeah, also controllers don't get along very well with non-popamole FPS.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That's the slowest, lamest quake deathmatch I ever had the misfortune of watching. A 9yo using a keyboard-only setup could beat those guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom