Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why is it that id keep making Doom games these days, I always thought the Quake series was more successful?
Quake 4 and Quake Wars have been made since Doom 3.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
n4sJTcZ.jpg

EdzNiiS.jpg

qR75BV9.jpg

ihJN5y5.jpg

bqC0tNt.jpg

potatojohn

Arcane
Q3 was such an ugly game. The maps themselves were fine, but models, weapons and effects gave me eye cancer.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Skyway's obsession with dudebro shooters and shoddy eastern european production values never cease to amuse me.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I played that sniper game and thought it was surprisingly good until a couple levels in where it suddenly turns into a horrible Call of Duty.

Not sure if/when it gets back to sniping.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Q3 was such an ugly game. The maps themselves were fine, but models, weapons and effects gave me eye cancer.

Well, most serious players did turn all the effects and textures off for added clarity. I think r_picmip 5 was the lowest you could go in tournaments?

aris

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow I'd recommend this tool http://www.mpgh.net/forum/658-borde...-rarity-chances-revealer-v1-04-drop-rate.html to improve the ridicolous low drop rate of legendaries in BL2. You have the option to make legendaries almost always drop whenever a weapon drops (breaks the game), or you can increase the change by 10 or 5. Increasing it by 10 makes the drop rate more realistic, and allows you to actually try some legendaries. You won't find a legendary around every corner, but you won't find one only every other 50 hour either. You need cheat engine http://cheat-engine.soft32.com/free-download#after-download to run it

Angthoron

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow I'd recommend this tool http://www.mpgh.net/forum/658-borde...-rarity-chances-revealer-v1-04-drop-rate.html to improve the ridicolous low drop rate of legendaries in BL2. You have the option to make legendaries almost always drop whenever a weapon drops (breaks the game), or you can increase the change by 10 or 5. Increasing it by 10 makes the drop rate more realistic, and allows you to actually try some legendaries. You won't find a legendary around every corner, but you won't find one only every other 50 hour either. You need cheat engine http://cheat-engine.soft32.com/free-download#after-download to run it
Quite sadly it also reveals how extremely limited the pool of legendaries is.

Angthoron

Arcane
There's "enough", but if you're specializing with a certain set of weapons, say, ARs, SRs and SMGs, you get an extremely tiny pool of useful weaponry, unless you go for gimmicky stuff that supports gimmicky builds like mechanomancer stuff. Some are amazing though, yeah, like the infinite ammo pistol with sick fire rate and potential for burning bullets and scope.

Oh, and they're basically same stuff throughout all levels, which makes it extra disappointing. Your legendaries pool is same at L35 as it is at L50, everything is basically just upgraded versions of the earlier stuff. How hard was it to make more guns and textures and maybe some effects? Very, I guess.

Hell, some purples have more interesting effects/damage patterns/etc than the legendary weapons. That's not right.

aris

Arcane
Agreed, especially with the leveling. They could have done a whole lot more with the loot system, especially for one touting "a bazzilion guns". I found that Torgue legendaries are often good though. Unkempt harold is amazing at point blank, with extremely high damage. Derp Nukem is both cool and very effective. And kerblaster that shoot bullets that explodes like grenades after about one second, very high damage output and cool. And my favorite legendary: bonus package, which makes for some insane mayhem, and extremely high and satisfying damage. Just make sure not to stay within 30 meters of where you threw it. Try them if you get the chance.

Angthoron

Arcane
Ah, yes, those are quite nice. Sadly I usually play mid-range/long-range characters so it's really not that helpful to me, plus rocket launchers' limited ammo and lack of ammo regen a-la BL1 (DECLINE, I know, but if you have to run half a map to restock in the middle of a firefight that's kinda lame) have been a bit off-putting to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom