Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmmm, my kind of party! I wish I had time!

eduke322018-12-2513-1xnkru.jpg

eduke322018-12-2513-15tk7s.jpg

eduke322018-12-2513-499kr3.jpg

eduke322018-12-3111-5ibjdu.jpg

eduke322019-01-0218-3ojk82.jpg

eduke322019-01-0318-2elkt4.jpg

eduke322019-01-0319-0vqka8.jpg

eduke322019-01-0422-4mgkwe.jpg

eduke322019-01-0721-3u6jfo.jpg

eduke322019-01-1216-0qykx2.jpg

eduke322019-01-1216-0uljhk.jpg

eduke322019-01-1221-3nvkcf.jpg

eduke322019-01-1912-0a7ki8.jpg

Beggar

Cipher
Probably my smoothest playthrough of this game. Finished it in two weeks.
As good as I remember it to be, even though the Golden version is much worse than the original PS2 version, which was just perfect for what it was.
But here - too much unnecessary stuff added: going out at evening, gardening, motorcycle. awful new social link (Marie), two additional months that is nothing more than a filler content (by that time you already burned out), etc.
Dungeon crawling has been changed too: now you just get random cards and choose what you want, pretty much no risk anymore; Final boss was just laughable. I remember that this fight takes up to an hour and without at least few Soma's it's not worth going there. And here my party haven't even used their default SP!

This game has NG+ with some new things and some stuff carrying to a new game, but I never tried it. After 60h I doubt anyone would want to do that.
Waiting for the Persona 3: FES. And just hope they won't tweak anything besides non controllable party.

no.jpg

au.jpg

au2.jpg

Bye friends, I'm on my way to Auschwitz.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
ltdzsHp.png

Playing Diablo for the first time, when I was a little fatty I always avoided it for some reason, even though I saw a friend's older brother playing Diablo II and thought it looked awesome. I think I would have played it autistically 16 years ago.

Beggar

Cipher
We have some skin, blood, bone, hair and now a finger
final.jpg

Oh, yes yes, I'm a painter
finalf.jpg

My experience with this game is awesome. I play it only at night, one chapter a day. Well thought out and well done. Jump scares are something as well.

Generic-Giant-Spider

finally, i can collect them all

vg7SpS6.png

Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez How would rate you the representation of giant spiders in this game?

Not terrifying enough for my liking. They're drawn in a more sanitized and cartoonish way than I'd like.

A great giant spider will make people that dislike spiders take a pause for a second when seeing them. An excellent giant spider completely gatekeeps arachnophobics from actually wanting to play the game. While hardcore phobics will probably hate these ones here, if they were to see a genuinely terrifying giant spider they'd likely hurry to shut off their computer and throw the computer tower out the window.

If you're going to make a cartoony spider, at least make it CUTE.

Image.ashx

Overall, a 4.5/10. A good try, but won't cause people to shiver in paralytic fear.

Shadenuat

Arcane
hey add some points for that you have peaceful resolutions with them. there is princess mononoke unit who charms neutral beasts including spiders, and "remembers" them, and can then summon them as allies in all further scenarios. one of the best units in the game, I killed lots of kiting bitch lizardmen shamans with spiders with entangle ability.

and hey in this scenario spiders gain EXPERIENCE. ie they actually get chevrons like all other units - they gain medals for their service.

...mtg does has a lot of great spiders tho, I based a lot of my tactic in planeswalkers 2015 on card that summon 1/2 reach spider for every creature in graveyard.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
finally, i can collect them all

vg7SpS6.png

Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez How would rate you the representation of giant spiders in this game?

Not terrifying enough for my liking. They're drawn in a more sanitized and cartoonish way than I'd like.

A great giant spider will make people that dislike spiders take a pause for a second when seeing them. An excellent giant spider completely gatekeeps arachnophobics from actually wanting to play the game. While hardcore phobics will probably hate these ones here, if they were to see a genuinely terrifying giant spider they'd likely hurry to shut off their computer and throw the computer tower out the window.

If you're going to make a cartoony spider, at least make it CUTE.

Image.ashx

Overall, a 4.5/10. A good try, but won't cause people to shiver in paralytic fear.

You reminded me of this:

giant-spider-7679-medium.jpg

I think one of the best "Giant spider" interpretations. I find it really creepy all around, the pose and look of the spider, its size, the seemingly deserted city. Really effective.

JDR13

Arcane
We have some skin, blood, bone, hair and now a finger
final.jpg

Oh, yes yes, I'm a painter
finalf.jpg

My experience with this game is awesome. I play it only at night, one chapter a day. Well thought out and well done. Jump scares are something as well.

What game?

Generic-Giant-Spider

I think one of the best "Giant spider" interpretations. I find it really creepy all around, the pose and look of the spider, its size, the seemingly deserted city. Really effective.

Magic has some real goodies hidden away. The OG Giant Spider there is also a favorite of mine due to the scale of it and colorization. These are probably my favorite spider art from MtG:

Image.ashx

Image.ashx

Image.ashx

I like it when they're less in a typical pose and more in a, "I'm gonna kill you" mid-action.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
AFUnEY3.png

R3T8POp.png

I thought I would not have interactions with demons, good thing they are what they are, treacherous beings that will only give you something if they are weak and cowardly. After all, the mighty sunjugates the weak it's the only law this despicable creatures have.

aqkSbT3.png

Finally a change of area.

vasq0ym.png

I was wondering if that little mausoleum will become an entrance. It's good to have a shortcut.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom