Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Trench Foot (demo)
They need new sounds, that old mix of Quake2+Blood gets old, fast. Also - enemies jumping from behind the corner gets old fast too.
SurYk4R.jpg

Ccl1bMc.jpg

TIIh321.jpg

Somehow it went up to TOP5 ond Moddb, but since people wank to Brutal Doom - nothing surprise me anymore.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
but I've been playing a lot of Attila so I thought I'd dump my screens

Speaking of Attila, I had this lying around for the longest time.

View attachment 14654

Attila has a semi-functional regent mechanic through which certain characters can stand-in as faction leaders due to the current leader being underage. This is very easy to break with mods and tends to result in infant or female characters appearing as governers in the capital (sadly their battle map versions just use generic bodyguard models, so no comedy baby warriors).

One of the few things Rome 2 (since the last DLC) has over Attila is that female characters have more relevance - they can become faction leaders and get married to the leader of another faction. I would've loved to see both female leaders and a regent/regentcy council mechanic properly implemented in Attila, but sadly CA decided to dump Attila's corpse in a ditch and shit out Thrones of Britannia instead.

That's why Attila should have been an expansion for Rome 2 rather than a standalone (just like Napoleon should have been an expansion for Empire). Kinda like how Fall of the Samurai was an expansion to Shogun 2 rather than a standalone (but still could be bought as a standalone if you didn't care about the original).

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Since the Heroes Chronicles games are so easy I thought I'd try playing the last one - The Sword of Frost - using Quick Combat only.
So when the first mission starts the choice is easy, right?
m9JlL0P.jpg

So I pick the Offense skill and what happens?
vpRduAk.jpg

Huh? I start with both skills?
But what if I pick Tactics instead?
CX9mLB5.jpg

Yeah, that makes sense.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wut. I had Heroes Chronicles Clash of the Dragons and Tarnum looked like this. Is it the same guy? That looks like a woman

Edit: Just looked it up, apparently he's the main protagonist in all Heroes Chronicles games. Weird.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Wut. I had Heroes Chronicles Clash of the Dragons and Tarnum looked like this. Is it the same guy? That looks like a woman

Edit: Just looked it up, apparently he's the main protagonist in all Heroes Chronicles games. Weird.

Thanks for reminding me! I'm using some edited files so I can play Heroes Chronicles with the HD Mod, and for some reason it changes the hero portraits if you don't install it properly. After fixing it this is how Tarnum looks like in The Sword of Frost:
pGhPxE8.jpg

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Dead Hand, a roguelike with robots and destructible environment.
3rt39mZ.jpg

Enemies are not very intelligent and can be easily tricked into firing at the walls. Sometimes they end up hurting themselves if their weapon of choice is RPG and the wall is a bit too close to them.
Despite this fact i am having troubles making it past the level 2 so far. I am being pinned by way too many enemies at once and wasting too much turns hiding in your personal defensive hole instead of rushing to the exit is also not a good idea because a vastly more powerful machines will start coming after you eventually.
bUge3zy.jpg

Never was good at roguelikes to be honest

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just playing the most historically correct Rome Total War mod in existence! (*)

20200917210234-1.jpg

20200917205746-1.jpg

20200915230612-1.jpg

20200913162325-1.jpg

20200913160744-1.jpg

(*) Yes, the lead developer of this mod is some woman claiming to be an anthropologist, and defends the mod's use of nudity as HISTORICALLY CORRECT. She even defends Amazons as a historical fact because... horses back in the day were smaller, and women are generally smaller and lighter than men, so women make for better cavalry soldiers because they're not as big of a load to carry for the horses. I'm not making that up. She wrote an entire fucking essay about it. Enjoy:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/amazons-...quity-18-age-only-an-anthropological-analysis

This is why I can't take anthropologists seriously.

Last edited:

HansDampf

Arcane
Factorio

NeEFcNg.jpeg

8Ywy7nO.jpeg

Humble beginnings.

0JGVS22.jpeg

52YHCyk.jpeg

Oil delivery.

0QY81GG.jpeg

For my new flamethrower!

5Y6EHSw.jpeg

Yeah!

2C4DGsD.jpeg

Yeah...
:hmmm:
I should be more careful.

GeNXaXC.jpg

The circuit network is a cool tool. Here I've set up a speaker that rings when the wagons are almost empty and the train is about to leave, to let me know when to step away from the tracks.
The combinator checks if oil < 400 and, if true, forwards the signal to the speaker. You can't choose an exact value, because the counter drops so fast that it's probably skipped almost every time. And when the train is not at the station, oil is always equal to 0. That's annoying.

QFweh70.jpeg

It's getting tricky now. Next steps:
- reroute the train
- build a dedicated line for green circuits (if only I had known earlier)
- basically redesign the entire thing! :argh:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Just playing the most historically correct Rome Total War mod in existence! (*)

(*) Yes, the lead developer of this mod is some woman claiming to be an anthropologist, and defends the mod's use of nudity as HISTORICALLY CORRECT. She even defends Amazons as a historical fact because... horses back in the day were smaller, and women are generally smaller and lighter than men, so women make for better cavalry soldiers because they're not as big of a load to carry for the horses. I'm not making that up. She wrote an entire fucking essay about it. Enjoy:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/amazons-...quity-18-age-only-an-anthropological-analysis

This is why I can't take anthropologists seriously.

Modders gonna mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom