Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Installed AB for ret 2.0

3V3VCaW.jpg

UGES5as.jpg

jackofshadows

Magister
74EA1E6F9E40FF19F4816B89B9A2F0ECC5340E5C

Life-Giver lady certainly look like she does know a thing or two about giving life. I guess it's a too old of a game for feminazi to screech about.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Requiem - Avenging Angel
It was ok game

pMoZKeI.jpg

RIP character with best voiceacting in the game.

MnnXtWF.jpg

idl6rmB.jpg

iNbzrAo.jpg

Mvw3bsN.jpg

fOcpgsW.jpg

:hmmm:

How hard was it? Well, if you don't have any armor then enemies rip you with single burst, even on Heaven difficulty.
Heard that game was difficulty to compensate for the powers.
Yeah, nah, maybe 2 powers were decent but not without drawbacks. They have tendency to miss the target even when they go close enough to register as a hit. Which makes combat way too random if you use powers mostly, and then final fights that I had to restart dozen times because spamming fully charged lightning bolt missed the target way too much.

Best combo is pistol+warp time since assault rifle eats too much ammo, deal random damage and have terrible accuracy.

Was glad to get Heal spell... only to be disappointed with its measle 5HPs per 50mana casts. At the end of the game you get like 225mana pool, good riddance healing midfight.

Silly Germans

Requiem - Avenging Angel
It was ok game

pMoZKeI.jpg

RIP character with best voiceacting in the game.

MnnXtWF.jpg

idl6rmB.jpg

iNbzrAo.jpg

Mvw3bsN.jpg

fOcpgsW.jpg

How hard was it? Well, if you don't have any armor then enemies rip you with single burst, even on Heaven difficulty.
Heard that game was difficulty to compensate for the powers.
Yeah, nah, maybe 2 powers were decent but not without drawbacks. They have tendency to miss the target even when they go close enough to register as a hit. Which makes combat way too random if you use powers mostly, and then final fights that I had to restart dozen times because spamming fully charged lightning bolt missed the target way too much.

Best combo is pistol+warp time since assault rifle eats too much ammo, deal random damage and have terrible accuracy.

Was glad to get Heal spell... only to be disappointed with its measle 5HPs per 50mana casts. At the end of the game you get like 225mana pool, good riddance healing midfight.

Was Reqiuem the game where you could knock enemies down when you hit em ? I think i remember something like that but its been a long time.

HansDampf

Arcane
fafTiY2.jpg

giphy.gif

C5KB0Sq.jpg

This is turning into a train simulator. Looks like I'll have to redesign this later. Again.

cPjuYVZ.jpg

This iron mine got more complicated than I anticipated. I want to smelt the ore into iron and steel plates here instead of doing it in the main factory. But the furnaces need coal. The train that takes the products to the factory also delivers the coal, just the right amount that's needed to produce the amount of iron and steel per trip. This can all be calculated. But it needs a kickstart. There is also an emergency switch to shut everything down in case the coal box is empty. The belts need to stay saturated.

OL3EyFD.jpg

It gets even worse at the other end. Sometimes there is a high demand on steel, so the inserters will unload the steel very quickly while the iron chests are full and block the flow. Would then be nice if the train could leave prematurely to get more steel instead of having to wait. But then it should also take less coal to the mine, because it won't take as much iron this time. To make this work, I've added some arithmetic combinators that dynamically calculate the amount of coal that's needed based on how much iron and steel is left in the train, and send the result to the coal inserter...
I'm not even sure this will all work out until I let it run for a few hours.

NBYcN7G.jpg

Meanwhile I've been neglecting my defenses.

HfWFGAj.jpg

Those critters are getting tougher.

GmYcKUE.jpg

Time for an upgrade. Oil tanks at every station!
:timetoburn:

6uAV70x.jpg

The circuits are flowing. Belts have been upgraded. Now I can finally move on with the research.

Silly Germans

fafTiY2.jpg

giphy.gif

C5KB0Sq.jpg

This is turning into a train simulator. Looks like I'll have to redesign this later. Again.

cPjuYVZ.jpg

This iron mine got more complicated than I anticipated. I want to smelt the ore into iron and steel plates here instead of doing it in the main factory. But the furnaces need coal. The train that takes the products to the factory also delivers the coal, just the right amount that's needed to produce the amount of iron and steel per trip. This can all be calculated. But it needs a kickstart. There is also an emergency switch to shut everything down in case the coal box is empty. The belts need to stay saturated.

OL3EyFD.jpg

It gets even worse at the other end. Sometimes there is a high demand on steel, so the inserters will unload the steel very quickly while the iron chests are full and block the flow. Would then be nice if the train could leave prematurely to get more steel instead of having to wait. But then it should also take less coal to the mine, because it won't take as much iron this time. To make this work, I've added some arithmetic combinators that dynamically calculate the amount of coal that's needed based on how much iron and steel is left in the train, and send the result to the coal inserter...
I'm not even sure this will all work out until I let it run for a few hours.

NBYcN7G.jpg

Meanwhile I've been neglecting my defenses.

HfWFGAj.jpg

Those critters are getting tougher.

GmYcKUE.jpg

Time for an upgrade. Oil tanks at every station!
:timetoburn:

6uAV70x.jpg

The circuits are flowing. Belts have been upgraded. Now I can finally move on with the research.

Are trains efficient ? I never used them in the past and always did everything with conveyor belts.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Crysis 3

It's much better than the sequel, which is a big letdown for me, since it feels so claustrophobic compared to its predecessor. Not to mention the graphics, which even on the highest settings were laughable. In third part the levels are more opened, and while the scope isn't as impressive as with the island, it has more opened areas where you can stealth/kill through in your own way. Cryengine works way better here, while being smooth and I didn't have any framerate drops. This time we deal with more stronger enemies, especially alien ones which can gang on you if we aren't careful. While the addition of the bow is a nice touch, especially if you are hunting single human opponents, later on I almost completely forgotten about it, since the alien weapons are much more interesting and powerful. Sometimes it was easier to just use camouflage, than just deal with them. In addition to the main objectives we have some extra ones as well, that can be finished as well. It's rather short, but I prefer when developers respect players time instead of making another boring kill rooms. The boss fight was more enjoyable than in the first Crysis.

crysis32020-08-0613-1bij4a.jpg

crysis32020-08-0613-34fjn3.jpg

crysis32020-08-0613-52ljsk.jpg

crysis32020-08-0614-1fwkq3.jpg

crysis32020-08-0614-5mekca.jpg

crysis32020-08-0615-08ujjn.jpg

crysis32020-08-0615-0jukbp.jpg

crysis32020-08-0616-0gfknt.jpg

crysis32020-08-0617-08pje8.jpg

crysis32020-08-0617-5ztkba.jpg

crysis32020-08-0617-58yjp1.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The aesthetics in all those modern shooters are so identical, I swear you could show me the same screenshot every day while claiming it's from a different game, and I'd believe it.

HansDampf

Arcane
Are trains efficient ? I never used them in the past and always did everything with conveyor belts.
:what:

I could not imagine doing it that way. The distances are huge, it would take forever. So far, the trains spend most of their time waiting in the factory because I still have more resources than I need. A trip to the mine and back is really fast when you use stack inserters. Oil is even faster. Fluid wagons are filled within seconds.

Silly Germans

:what:

I could not imagine doing it that way. The distances are huge, it would take forever. So far, the trains spend most of their time waiting in the factory because I still have more resources than I need. A trip to the mine and back is really fast when you use stack inserters. Oil is even faster. Fluid wagons are filled within seconds.
I simply used pipes with pumps all the way, so there was never any need for oil wagons and for normal items i had conveyors and drones later on. I think i managed to have full drone coverage at some point and skipped trains. But that wasn't in the current version. Are drones no longer viable to do everything ?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Final fight of Heroes Chronicles: Conquest of the Underworld.

Warlords of the Wasteland and Sword of Frost were actually quite fun playing with handicaps, but this particular Chronicle is a disgrace, with its shoddy design and being laughably easy with free resources everywhere and all but the final enemy being low level. The only map with some clever design and a strong enemy was the last one. After neglecting to strengthening my army and just rushing for what I thought would be a piss easy fight, I actually lost the first time I fought it (using auto-combat) thanks to Dweezil Zappa having the Armour of the Damned and Tarnum having no magic skills.

But with one extra week's supply of troops from two castles, what do you think happens?
CGhAbIY.jpg

egGEazr.jpg

nSizten.jpg

8WsTL2t_d.webp

Silly Germans

Final fight of Heroes Chronicles: Conquest of the Underworld.

Warlords of the Wasteland and Sword of Frost were actually quite fun playing with handicaps, but this particular Chronicle is a disgrace, with its shoddy design and being laughably easy with free resources everywhere and all but the final enemy being low level. The only map with some clever design and a strong enemy was the last one. After neglecting to strengthening my army and just rushing for what I thought would be a piss easy fight, I actually lost the first time I fought it (using auto-combat) thanks to Dweezil Zappa having the Armour of the Damned and Tarnum having no magic skills.

But with one extra week's supply of troops from two castles, what do you think happens?
CGhAbIY.jpg

egGEazr.jpg

nSizten.jpg

8WsTL2t_d.webp

I've never played any of those Chronicles stuff, only the original main campaigns, Armageddons blade and Shadows of Death. Are the chronicles connected to these or are they just a bunch of unconnected singular campaigns ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom