Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Shadowrun Returns - The Dead Man's Switch

Game is really fun, but the lack of control over party's inventory is really fucking irritating. Esp. in the final mission. The party faces over 9000 enemies, yet each bro only brings one gun to the party, despite having free equipment slots. WTF?

But with the little help from the savegame editor, I was able to fix this silly omission:

JbGYNWc.jpg

The Pleya, so proper equipment by default (alien blaster, rifle, shotgun).

vtyR1wj.jpg

Bro Harlequin, now equipped with a shotgun (originally missing, despite Skill=5)

mLEctuT.jpg

Elven Commando, now also with the shotgun (Skill=4)

8xulgcc.jpg

Sis Coyote, equipped with 4th alien blaster.

And here we go... After all:

1ky4w12.gif

:dance:

8zrtS9D.jpg

Species Traitors spotted!

iseHruN.jpg

:obviously:

1o27UbJ.jpg

:incline:

With four alien blasters, you can even kill the bug spirits via overwatch:

kbkw1HV.jpg

OFC not when they're comming outta the goddamn walls!

ZFHOemu.jpg

h74zAyY.jpg

ImmaculateImpassionedKitten-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
That's it 2020 finally beat me
hG8nJRX.png

Cl8ZGrU.png

66Tx8k1.png

yjZri88.png

This remaster for the 2002 German shovelware Santa Claus in trouble Pc game is the best looking remaster I have played in years

Last edited:

Psquit

Arcane
Metro exodus.

rV37Xcs.jpg

AebLYxi.jpg

tt05ScR.jpg

TFW no slav gf.

xPNuFMS.jpg

9FjkHKW.jpg

:shredder:

Xe1Wjab.jpg

PU6hUry.jpg

City of the dead spoilers.
YGIfVDL.jpg

The place is cool but fuck those leeches.

spswhMs.jpg

The final boss is the DK crew. Bunch of talking blind telepathic apes. Also, you can shoot the gorilla's benis.

npiNsOt.jpg

UwZSdG8.jpg

:hero: The city of the dead was disappointing, I was expecting more. Overall good game, there's some jank but meh.

:4/5:
Strong beginning and middle but the end was just disappointing.

lightbane

Arcane
I didn't play Ori duology at all, but Seasons is rather easy for seasoned players,

Keynote: There are NO enemies in Seasons. Is almost a walking simulator game, and easy puzzles so to speak. Definitively meant for younger players, or game journos.
Nice art though.

spekkio

Arcane
System Shock 3

odi9SSt.jpg

"That's some misunderstanding Officer, I stay away from drugs, I swear!"

cb1lj6b.jpg

Oh wait, it's not System Shock 3. I mean there is certainly some system being shocked. But there are also discs & light cycles.

0L016YP.jpg

KOxvLfH.jpg

:dance:

And the game even has little roomba-like dudes who improve your programs and die after that:

KSAD2dh.jpg

How sweet is that!

:love:

Tron 2.0 + Killer App Mod (proper widescreen + scaled UI and other things)

DraQ

Arcane
Ninja Destroyer
That looks a bit Ori-ish. Any good?

I didn't play Ori duology at all, but Seasons is rather easy for seasoned players, and oriented towards the younger players. But the artstyle, animation and soundtrack are great so it wort checking out, especially for the discounted price right now.
TBH I find the remark about animation a bit puzzling, because it seems very stiff.
From what I've seen the game in general seems turbo-casual and (probably) not terribly interesting?

Anyway, regarding Ori, it's a rare game that would have visuals alone (Art direction, animation), gameplay, soundtrack or quality of storytelling (not the story itself, but how it's told) making it worth playing.
Even rarer one that could be recommended on any single of those aspects, even neglecting the others.
Rarer still that also has all those working in concert in addition to any of them being stellar standalone.
And finally, almost unheard of, a game that's virtually free of dumbshit cargo-cult gamedev blunders, where every single aspect is like a cog in Swiss clockwork working together towards single vision and experience.

Ori and The Blind Forest is such a game.
I rarely find it difficult to shit on a game, even one I cherish for one reason or another. I could shit and mostly have shat on all of TES, Fallouts, all IE games, Wizardry 8, Deus Ex, System Shock, Homeworld, Unreal, Doom 2, Witchers, Larian's stuff, etc.
All feature braindead, facepalm-inducing blunders of all kinds that tarnish and detract from overall experience.
All are testament to the sad fact that gamedev industry mostly consists of hacks smacking random shit together in hope that it sticks.

Ori is virtually unblemished.
The only things I could possibly put against it are length (it's a short game, around 12h on first, completionist playthrough) and fairly barebones combat (though that's hardly fair given how it's clearly not the focus of the game), maybe also relatively spurious XP system.

The sequel is admittedly less perfectly architected, but it's retains most of the qualities of the original in addition to being much bigger and having better, more involved combat.
(It's pretty much a Fallout 2 vs Fallout 1 situation).

Both have effortlessly made their way into the list of my all times favourites despite not even belonging to a genre I particularly care about.

So, by all means do play both Oris, starting with the first game (Ori and The Blind Forest) as they follow from one another.
You're missing out, man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom